Chapter 5

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon woke up even before his alarm rang. He could almost swear he didn’t even sleep. And he was surprised when he got the courage to get up and walk out of his room.

Since Hongbin had been arrested, he hadn’t seen any of s sleeping in a room by themselves. They’d share rooms even if they had to sleep on the floor, and some of them would even fall asleep on the couch and ignore the pain on their necks and backs. So it was no surprise when he found Hakyeon and Hyuk sleeping on the couch in the worst positions ever.

They didn’t talk a lot about it. Some question here, some statement there, but they didn’t discuss anything on the case. Although, they were dragged to meetings all day long. Their schedules were all cancelled so the meetings were their escape from the silence of their dorm.

Hyung – Hyuk started opening his eyes, noticing Taekwoon’s presence. We’re visiting Hongbin today. – He told the younger as he left to the kitchen.

Hyuk followed him, rubbing his own eyes. – Can we?

We can. – Taekwoon answered, getting a bowl of cereals ready.

Hyuk just stood next to the counter following his hyung with his eyes. When the bowl was ready, Taekwoon placed it on the counter, next to Hyuk.

Eat. – He left again leaving Hyuk confused.

But he was too hungry to discuss.

***

My name’s Hongbin. – The younger boy told her. I know. What happened that night? How do you want me to know? – Yoon showed her confusion in her expression.

Hongbin sighed and sat back in his chair. – I don’t know either. – He looked around the room before lock his eyes with hers. – Tell me everything you know, please.

I was just… Walking home. I was walking through the crosswalk and I heard a shot. And I saw the man and- She was speaking so quickly Hongbin couldn’t keep up. Were you in the convenience store before walking home? Yes. – She nodded. – How do you know that? You opened the door for me.

Yoon’s memory came back to her. She stayed quiet, looking carefully at the boy in front of her. Those broad shoulders.

Why did he whisper your name? He said “Save me. Lee Hongbin” – She was now scared to be in front of him. In a room alone with him.

Hongbin rolled his eyes, smiling ironically before biting his lower lip. – I have no idea. I never heard his name before. I don’t even know what his face looks like.

Yoon shook her head. She didn’t believe him. How could that be possible?

She got up and started walking to the door.

Hongbin rolled his eyes but grabbed her wrists as she passed. She looked back but he was staring at the desk in front of him.

Let me go. – She whispered, scared. What’s your name? – He whispered back. Let me go. – Yoon tried to pull her wrist out of his hands.

Hongbin’s hands got away from her. – It was the anniversary of my grandmother’s death.

What? – Yoon was surprised, confused, scared, and she definitely didn’t want to get involve. What was she even doing there? I was on my way to the cemetery.

***

After all members got up and ready, their daily manager, Min Manager, leaded the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter