Meeting Kevin

Battle of the Leaders

Soon, you were famous in your new school. Not because of you yourself, but because of how Sunggyu and the others protected you in the morning. 

Students thought that you were close with Infinite, so they decided to get close to you. 

"JaeIn-sshi, will you pass this to Myungsoo oppa?" One girl asked. 

"JaeIn-sshi, will you help me to ask Woohyun oppa out on a date?" Another asked. 

You were getting lots of questions regarding the boys since morning. 

Everybody tried to be good to you, so as to get on the good side on Infinite.

"Sorry, I can't help you." You rejected all of them.

You were in the same class as the maknaes of the two groups. 

Each of them sat at the opposite corners in class, in order to avoid any unecessary fights. 

You sat beside a quiet girl.

"Hello, I'm Lee JaeIn, nice to meet you." You smiled at your desk mate and offered her your hand. 

She shyly took it and greeted you. "Nice to meet you. I'm Park Hyomin."

"I hope we can be friends!" You said cheerfully.

"F-Friends?"

"We can't?" You pouted. 

"Aniya! It's just that most people won't want to be my friend..." She looked a little sad. 

"Why?"

"I'm just a nobody, I'm poor. People who study here are all rich kids. So I'm always left out."

"I'm not rich too!"

"But you live with the Kims. They are the richest in Paradise."

"You're from Paradise too?"

"No, I'm from Neverland."

"Cool. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Let's be friends?" You asked. 

"Really? You're from Paradise, I'm from Neverland."

"So what? I think you would be the only one who would sincerely be my friend. Unlike those who befriends me just to get close to oppas."

"Ok then. You're my first friend!" Hyomin said excitedly.

"You're too!" You smiled. 

It was nice having a friend in a foreign land. 

During lunch, you walked into the canteen with Hyomin. Everybody stared. It's not usual to see people from the two different worlds being friends. 

"JaeIn-ah, are you sure this is alright?" Hyomin whispered to you. 

"Of course!"

You didn't look where you were going and knocked into someone. 

"Sorry! I didn't mean too!" You bowed. 

"It's ok! Nice to meet you, I'm Kevin." 

You looked up and saw a pretty boy. 

"N-Nice to meet you, Kevin-sshi. My name is Lee JaeIn. Why are you wearing sunglasses in school?" you asked.

"Isn't it cooler that way?"

"Y-yes, it is." 

"How's first day of school? I guess you're new around here?"

"Yes, first day of schools are usually boring but it got better when I met Hyomin." You pulled her in front of you. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kevin-sshi." Hyomin shyly said. 

"Hi. You two are friends? That's something new. Now that I look closer, JaeIn-ah, you do resemble her."

"Who?"

"Nevermind. I got to go. Bye!" Kevin waved and left.

"He's nice. Isn't he in U-Kiss?" You asked Hyomin. 

"Yes."

"Where are the rest?"

"You'll meet them later, if possible. They don't come out of class often. You met Kevin and spoke to the leader just now, so many people are jealous of you." 

You turned to looked behind you and you could see many girls throwing dagger stares at you. 

*I've never wanted such a complicated life. But oh well, I do hope I can meet U-Kiss, they seem nice* You thought cheerfully.