Four

Fanboys!

Yixing and Junmyeon brought their poster and T-shirt respectively. They planned to meet up together right after the concert so they could each do their own thing during the concert. It was safe to say that things didn’t go as planned, because halfway through the first song with all the fans flowing around, Yixing came across Junmyeon again and decided to stay with him.

The two of them started out simply screaming “Chen” at the top of their lungs, bouncing up and down like preschool girls as soon as the members emerged on the stage. Junmyeon started flapping his sign up and down when his idols were too close to him for him to stay calm. He got a few weird looks from girls in front of him, but Yixing just laughed freely and grabbed an end of Junmyeon’s poster, offering to hold it with him.

So then the sign was being waved by two together.

It wasn’t until they were performing Peter Pan that Junmyeon realized he had been singing along with Exo the whole time. Actually, the bigger realization was that he wasn’t the only one singing along.

Neol chajaganda chueogi bonaen Tinkerbell ttaranaseotdeon Neverland.

Junmyeon looked at Yixing out of the corner of his eye, seeing the guy mouth the exact same words he was mouthing. He was suddenly excited that someone else, another male fan, was doing the exact same thing. He’s seen many female fans excited, and he’d always secretly thought that as a guy, he wasn’t supposed to lose his mind like this over a boy group. Seeing Yixing next to him made his excitement justified, so Junmyeon felt braver.

Geu gose naega neowa barabomyeo utgo isseo nan yeongwonhan neoui Peter Pan,” Yixing sang.

Geu sigane meomchun ne namja,” Junmyeon continued. Yixing was smiling with his eyes and the two of them took turns singing every other line, as if they’d planned this even though they didn’t.

Seotuljiman neomu saranghaetdeon naui neoege danyeoga,” they finished together.

What followed were the squeals of two ridiculously outnumbered guys being washed over by the same exhilaration and happiness as hundreds of girls surrounding them. Junmyeon never felt so connected with anywhere before this moment, and Yixing had never felt so happy seeing idols before now. Spending a concert with a friend just took the experience to a whole new level. They looked into each other’s eyes, clutched each other’s shoulders, and shook the other around, giggling like crazy maniacs.

Things got stranger during Unfair.

Unfair was Yixing’s favorite song out of the Sing For You album. After hearing that, Junmyeon was even more excited to sing with him. It was a less active song so all they had to do was wave their sign (Junmyeon decided it would be their sign now) to the beat and sing.

Neon bulgongpyeonghae, Igijeogin geoni?” Yixing’s voice sounded clear to Junmyeon, although it should have been drowned out by all the screaming and the crazy echoes of the stadium. It’s just that Yixing’s voice was so distinct from everyone else. It had an almost porcelain-like texture to it. It was full and although it may not be so well controlled, it was definitely pleasant.

Neoui nun neoui ko neoui ibeun, Bwado bwado gyesok yeppeul geoni? Yixing did a heart pump gesture while Junmyeon continued.

Neon bulgongpyeonghae Geogikkajiman hae.”

 

Oh, neon wiheom hae wiheom hae cheoncheonhi. Eommaya.” The two of them moved in sync, now pushing the poster from one person to the other to create a bobbing effect.

And then something happened.

Chen walked out towards the edge of the stage, directly in front of Junmyeon and Yixing though they weren’t that close to the stage. The giant Chen poster must have caught his eye, so the two started bobbling the poster faster in place with excitement, so much excitement that they’d been waiting for their entire EXO-L career.

Chen was looking directly at them, staring at their Chen poster with an intrigued smile. Of course, neither of them notice it because they’re too busy along the fact that Chen was looking at them to sink in.

Chen first waved, and Junmyeon and Yixing screamed and waved back, though they really weren’t sure who he was waving to. The fans around them were also screaming and waving, some shoving themselves against the two. Chen extended his right hand and pointed at Junmyeon first, who was all too eager to nod and accept any interaction. Chen then moved his pointer towards Yixing, who reacted much the same way.

Then he drew a heart in the air between the two of them.

Junmyeon and Yixing stopped hopping like rabid bunnies and instead started to stare at each other. The look in Yixing’s eyes was that of confusion. Junmyeon looked back up at Chen, whose gaze was even more telling.

He drew the heart shape again, this time with a questioning look.

Are you two dating?

Junmyeon’s face suddenly blew red, so red that he thought his cheeks would melt. He shook his head desperately and waved his hand NO. He was not dating Yixing! Even if Yixing is kind of cute and thoughtful and kind, they are not dating because Junmyeon only has eyes for Chen. His legs started to pounce around and jiggle in some sort of crazy dance. His body went through spasms as he hid his face behind the poster.

He looked at Yixing, who was still looking at him with glaring confusion. The poor clueless donut had no idea what Chen just asked them.

When they looked up back onstage, Chen had already disappeared to the opposite side of the stadium.

-

They didn't speak about this after the concert. Neither of them bought more merchandise because they had already gotten everything at the venue yesterday.

Junmyeon and Yixing stepped into their room wordlessly, but it seemed as soon as they crossed the threshold, tension naturally melted. Yixing threw himself on the mattress and groaned, stretching himself out.

“Oh hell no, you’re not taking the mattress tonight. I told you we were switching!” Junmyeon flopped himself over Yixing.

“Ow! You’re crushing me up!” Yixing giggled. He took off his snapback and threw it on the floor somewhere far away.

“Well I’m not getting up until you tell me you’re taking the bed tonight,” said Junmyeon. Why the hell wasn’t Yixing being a good person by allowing Junmyeon to be nice? Okay, let’s not answer that question. It also made him confused about how he was able to be so comfortable around Yixing. He didn’t find talking to Yixing difficult at all, in fact, he wanted to go out of his way to talk to him. All the time.

“Fine, I’ll take the bed,” said Yixing. “Only if you sing a song with me. Chinese version.”

Junmyeon huffed. Deep down, it was hardly a punishment to sing with Yixing. Actually, he’d been secretly waiting to hear Yixing sing again. His voice was so different from EXO, and hearing it sing EXO songs was pretty unusual. He flipped himself over so his spine was touching Yixing’s stomach.

“I want Chen’s lines,” said Junmyeon.

“No, I want Chen’s lines.”

“Are we really going to do this again? Let’s just alternate lines,” Junmyeon chuckled. He couldn’t deny that Yixing was cute. Even from the corner of his eyes, the other was adorable, like a fuzzy sheep. Oh, where the hell did that thought come from?

The music started, and the intro drove Junmyeon to bob his head like the choreography. Junmyeon rolled off of Yixing and stood up, moving his body to the beat. All thoughts of looking stupid flew away. Yixing stood up next to him, snapping his fingers and moving his head side to side. They were out of sync with each other, Yixing’s dancing being much more cohesive in Junmyeon’s opinion.

Oh, tian kong you fa liang, wo ba di tu tan zai qian fang, hua chu zuo biao wang ni de fangxiang,” Junmyeon sang. Neither of them were looking directly at each other, but they were both trying to bite away a smile. Yixing found Junmyeon’s voice more developed than his own. It sounded sweet and ripe, like a peach fresh off the tree. Who knew someone else’s voice aside from Chen could sound so pleasant? Both Kyungsoo and Junmyeon had a very distinctive Korean accent, but that was what made the line sound perfect.

No matter, zhu shi zhi nan zhen miao zhun de na ge di fang,” Yixing sang.

Tian kong gan jue hao xiang ni, yi yang kai lang, xiang zuo tian xiang qian tian, xiang mei yi tian yao yan guangmang.” Yixing enjoyed knowing the meaning of the lyrics. For a minute, he wondered if Junmyeon ever felt that way about anyone, if anyone ever reminded him of the sky like the song said so.

Junmyeon looked over at Yixing, whose movements were crisp and precise. It looked like he had definitely practiced a lot before coming here. Why was Yixing good at everything? From the Chen shirt to his manners to the ability to dance, Yixing was nothing short of perfect. Junmyeon even questioned his own devotion to EXO compared to that of Yixing’s, which he never thought he would do (because obviously no one could love Exo and Chen as much as Junmyeon did).

Junmyeon took control of his own movements instead of being drawn around by Yixing, but his eyes were still chained on Yixing, because he looked so damn good dancing. From a critical standpoint, his movements were sure and swift. Yixing definitely knew what he was doing. From a personal standpoint, he just looked hot. Junmyeon his lips in embarrassment.

They spent two hours singing and dancing to EXO songs together. At first, they exhausted all of the active, exciting songs, the ones where Junmyeon couldn’t help but bounce around to as soon as he heard them. Lucky One wasn’t as good as Monster in their opinion, but Junmyeon tried to give it as many listens as possible because Chen preferred it.

“Oh the things I do for my bias,” sighed Junmyeon. Yixing smiled sweetly (Yixing had so many different types of smiles, all of which are cute).

“I even told people I preferred Lucky One over Monster because of Chen. Honestly, I think Monster is just better. It’s got a kind of urgent vibe to it,” Yixing scratched his neck and shrugged. “But really, who wouldn’t do everything for Chen?”

Junmyeon giggled.

Then, they began to take a crack at all the slower songs.

“I have no idea how to dance to these slower songs, because they always seem to have a different choreography for them at each concert,” Junmyeon admitted. He’d tried to learn the dances that he first saw for each song, but that fell out soon because of school.

Yixing, on the other hand, preferred to choreograph his own. It came easily because he was naturally a good dancer (fantastic dancer, actually).

“You want to see my freestyle for Baby Don’t Cry?” Asked Yixing.

“Sure,” gulped Junmyeon. Baby Don’t Cry, aside from being his go-to sad song, was also a huge problem song for him. Every time he heard the song, he just wanted to burst into tears. Every time he saw it live, he was either so awe struck by Sehun and Kai’s beauty while dancing or he was too busy bawling his eyes out to the lyrics.

The iconic piano introduction began. Junmyeon already started to feel a pinprick of tear gathering at the corner of his eye. He started to feel sick. Sick, not because he didn't want to see Yixing dance. He was afraid he would embarrass himself by crying too much as soon as Yixing began moving.

Yixing moved like water, Junmyeon realized. He could be as fast as a waterfall or as slow as a steady stream. No matter what he did with his body, he was always smooth and natural. His body threw itself in all the right places. It added a kind of personal echo in the dance that Junmyeon always wished he, himself, was capable of doing. The song was about unrequited love, somebody who could gladly throw themselves to the water as long as their lover remained happy. Junmyeon never wanted to think too deeply about why, but that song stood out against the countless other sad ballads EXO had made. In the meantime, dancing to this song in a hotel, Yixing was no less radiant than any EXO member. In fact, seeing passion so close and real to him made Yixing the most beautiful thing Junmyeon had ever seen.

“Junmyeon,” Yixing called softly. Junmyeon snapped out of his trance only to realize Yixing was right in front of him. He suddenly felt like an embarrassed fan meeting his idol for the first time. “What’s wrong? You’re crying-”

Junmyeon finally felt the tears that were already streaming down his face before Yixing even called him. Oh god, he felt so embarrassed. He sniffed and quickly wiped his tears away. Just to keep from sobbing, he joked lightly.

“Did anyone ever tell you you should audition for SM?” He asked.

“Yeah,” Yixing smiled softly. The dimples come out even with such a light smile. It puts Junmyeon at ease and his sniffing became quiet. Yixing’s so ridiculous. “My friends and my mother have said something along the lines. I never went for it, though. It just wasn't the life for me.”

Even with clouded eyes, Junmyeon could tell when Yixing was lying. Even if Yixing saw it as a greyed out option now, Junmyeon knew that at some point, a young and naive Yixing wanted to be an idol. Somewhere along the way, that dream died out like unicorn shaped clouds torn in the wind.

That night, Junmyeon fell asleep with ease knowing Yixing was in the same room with him.

 

A/N: I'm trash TT.TT 

I just

I love Zhang Yixing so much that it's ridiculous.