Special After Story: Circles pt.1

Ouch, Math!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun put his hands in his pockets and walked casually along the morning streets of Seoul. Or at least he tried pretending to be casual.

 

"Hyung, you have to stop following me!" Myungsoo turned around and warned his older brother for the fifth time. The adult had been walking at a safe distance of two metres behind  his sibling for almost thirty minutes already. It was Myungsoo's first day of high school, and Woohyun simply couldn't stop worrying about all the possible things that could go wrong.

 

"I'm not following you! I'm just on my way to work." Woohyun lied. He had applied for a leave that day. Taeyeon, his boss, was more than happy to let her best worker have a day's break for his little brother. Over the four years of employment at the culinary centre, Woohyun had helped her attract hordes of customers with his cooking as well as hardwork. Meanwhile, Sunggyu had other ideas about Woohyun's decision.

 

The night before.

 

"He's gonna hate it. Teenagers hate it when they appear less cool in front of their friends. You are literally trying to babysit him to his first day of high school. That's torture." Sunggyu told the enthusiastic and nervous boy. He returned to the pile of test papers awaiting his attention - a pile of test papers from his teenage students. Woohyun was already in bed, recounting to the elder about his decision to walk Myungsoo to school. "Either he's going to yell at you, or he might run away, or both. I suggest you don't do it and just enjoy your holiday tomorrow."

 

"Don't be lame. Myungsoo respects his older brother. He's not gonna do that." Woohyun groaned. He had an inkling that Sunggyu might be right, but he refused to back down now.

 

"Want to bet?" Sunggyu asked.

 

"Sure! What's the bet?" Woohyun crawled out of bed and joined Sunggyu at his working table.

 

"A meal." Sunggyu looked up and grinned widely.

 

"But I already cook almost everyday anyway." That's right. After Woohyun had accepted the nerdy proposal that Sunggyu gave him on the day of his own high school graduation, the two had worked towards the goal of moving in together (with the approval of the younger siblings of course, but they agreed immediately). Woohyun went for two years of professional culinary school and training, while Sunggyu managed to transfer to a prestigious school with old Junyeop's recommendation letter. When Woohyun finally got promoted as senior culinary tutor Taeyeon's school, they decided to celebrate with THE BIG MOVE IN. With that, the Nam brothers and Sunggyu started their little household, and Woohyun had been in-charge of meal times ever since.

 

"There's somewhere special I want to go. Treat me a meal there."

 

"Is it expensive?"

 

"Of course. That's why it's a bet." Sunggyu giggled.

 

And right this moment Woohyun's thinking about how much he would have to spend on this bet.

 

"Hyung, please, just go to work already. I can handle this man. Learn from Sunggyu hyung. All he did was give me a post-it saying 'best of luck!'. Learn to be cool, gosh." And the younger boy sprinted off towards the direction of school before his brother could react.

 

Learn to be cool like Sunggyu? Since when was that old man cooler than me? Urgh...

 

Speaking of the devil. Woohyun opened his KKT chat window.

 

Sunggyu Seonsaeng-nim: So did he shout at you?

 

Woohyun: -.- whatever

 

Sunggyu Seonsaeng-nim: kkkkk run away?

 

Woohyun: yesyesyes ok meal is on me.

 

*Triumphant emoji*

 

Another message came in. It was from Myungsoo. Woohyun never clicked this fast before.

 

Myunggie: Also, there's orientation today. I won't be back for dinner.

 

Woohyun tried to wipe off the disappointed look on his face, and trudged to the bank to withdraw money for the dinner that night.

 

***

"No wonder he ran off, that's so embarrassing." Howon laughed and took another piece of meat from the grill. Lucky for Woohyun, Howon was free that day and gladly became his last minute lunch company. Woohyun gave him a piercing look, "dude, whose side are you on?"

 

"Seonsaeng-nim's of course. Since when have you become so lame?" He laughed at his older friend.

 

"Well, I haven't been in school for a while, unlike the two of you," Woohyun rolled his eyes and stole a mushroom from Howon, "will Janelle be joining us after he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter