Chapter 6

Win you back

"Stop that"

"Stop what?" Amber asked distractedly

Krystal placed her hand on Amber's knee, "This…" Amber's knee immediately stop moving, "...is making me anxious." Amber muttered a 'sorry' before their attention snapped to the opened door behind them.

Taeyeon walked in to her office where Amber and Krystal patiently waiting for her. "You're cheerful this morning" said Amber flat, she notice Taeyeon grinning wider than usual … wait, no. That was a smirked, Taeyeon didn't smile or grin, she smirked.

"What? Am I not allowed to be cheerful?"

"It makes you look…", "…weird."

Taeyeon feel offended by that, "What do you mean with weird?!" her face back to what Amber thought as Taeyeon's default expression, she's scowling now.

"And incase you're wondering why am I so cheery this morning, that's because my awesome wife decided to gave me mind-blowing s before I went to work… and yes I said it in plural."

Amber face went from deadpanned to grimace to disgusted, "TMI Taeyeon-Unnie!" scolds Krystal. Taeyeon  just chuckled.

"Okay I guessed we can start now, seeing that the both of you didn't want to hear my awesome morning…" Taeyeon still smirking, but she smirked much to the fact that Krystal placed her hand on Amber's knee for the last 5 minutes and she didn't realized it.

Taeyeon sigh, heavily, she just like the effect of sighing, it feels like she showed them that she took half of their problems away, can't help it if she felt like a Messiah sometimes. "You two did what I told?", Amber and Krystal both nods, "of course you did, you didn't look like want to kill each other like the other week, and Krystal's left hand resting comfortably on your right knee for the last 6 minutes already."

Krystal eyes snapped to where Taeyeon eyes directed, and quickly retreat her hand. She can feel her self blushing. God, it feels like they're on their first time being together, Taeyeon thought, they're both shy and being careful to each other.

"Today is a bit different from the last one, but that doesn't mean your tasks is finished you need to continue it. Now I'm gonna ask you questions and you two have to answer it, how you answer it? I don't know and I don't care, but remember I don't accept the 'I don't know' answer. Go it?" they're nodding again.

"Okay, so Krystal, how long you and Amber got together?"

"We've been married for 5 years, and before that, we dated for 2 years." Taeyeon nods.

"What about you Amber?"

"…ditto"

Taeyeon give Amber a look, "and people said you're one of the best lawyer in Seoul. That's not an intelligent answer Amber, now I questioned all your capability."

"Well you asked the same questioned, of course you will get the same answer" Amber protested, but Taeyeon just stared at her blankly. "Fine, married for 5 years, dated 2 years, but I have a huge crushed on her way before that. But you know I didn't do anything about it."

"And why is that?"

Amber didn't really want to retell her story because it makes her sad, besides, Taeyeon know everything about her, but she tried to not question Taeyeon methods anymore, and decided to play along. "In short, I just... Well you know, I’m not from a well-known or wealthy family, we have a decent life, but who am I compare with Krystal? The Jung Corporation is one of the biggest in Korea. I just tried to push away my feeling and reasoned my self that my feeling is just pure out of admiration."

Krystal listened carefully and her heart flutter when Amber said she admire her.

"And one night when I had a one night stand, Yale girl too, I don't remember her name, because that time all i can remember clearly is Soojung. I know who I wanted, I wanted Krystal, but first I need a decent job, a secure postion in law farm in new york, well... you know after that i try approach her. And the rest is history.  You know the process, I resigned from New York come back here, also, I went after Krystal."

Krystal squeezed Amber's hand, and Amber smiled at this gestured. Taeyeon clear , "Okay let's move on. Amber what do you like from Krystal? You can answer it with small things you like about her"

Amber gazing Krystal's feature, up and down and up again, Taeyeon noticed Amber's staring at Krystal, at first her stare more like searching for her answer, but later its more like… desire? Lust? Taeyeon groaned inwardly and rolled her eyes, typical Amber.

Byuntae...

Krystal started to fidget under Amber intense gaze, if let say 4 years ago they're in the same circumstances like this, with Taeyeon’s present or not, Krystal would be definitely jump on Amber and demand her to take her right away. On Taeyeon’s desk would be nice too.

"Amber?" Taeyeon remind her that she's waiting for her response

Amber opened to answer "I like her s…." Krystal almost fell off the chair, Taeyeon muttered a 'Gross'. "…Actually I really love her s, they are perky and…" Taeyeon  didn't want to hear Amber describing Krystal's assets, she muttered 'Super gross' several times and cover her ears. "Especially when they were bounc-…"

"Amber!" Taeyeon couldn't help but yelling right now, "Gosh, I don't… Keep it to yourself, okay?!"

Amber just shrugged. “Well you asked, what I like from Krystal? Not my fault.”

Taeyeon turn to a tomato red Krystal. "And you scolded me for saying TMI thing?! Look at your wife!" Krystal glared at Amber. But Amber didn't notice she still busy staring at Krystal's side .

Taeyeon take a glass of water, she need to calm herself after hearing some details story about Krystal's… thing. She shuddered, Krystal practically like her lil' sister now, she didn't want to hear about Krystal's s or the rest of Krystal's body part for that matter.

Taeyeon clear , "Now Krystal, what do you like from Amber? And please for my ears and my brain sake, keep it PG." Amber rolled her eyes at this.

"I like…" Krystal got quiet for like 30 seconds, and glanced several times at Amber. Now Amber afraid to hear her answer, incase Krystal didn't like anything about her, "umm, I like her hair."

Amber furrowed her brows, Taeyeon raised hers. "I mean, her hair look stupid sometimes, like lion-mane but it looks cute on her, and sometimes, no… most of the times it looks y."

Taeyeon stifled her laugh, Amber unconsciously touch her hair. Taeyeon and Amber let Krystal went on and on about her hair for 10 minutes. "What else do you like from her?" Taeyeon distracted Krystal from her babbling now about how one day Amber's hair almost stabbed her in the eye.

"Oh… I like her eyes, its pretty." Krystal said bashfully. Amber blush too, but she manage to control her expression so she didn't grinning maniacally. "And Amber is very charming and a gentlewoman. She knows how to treat a lady. That's why I feel insecure sometimes about she wouldn't find me attractive anymore, she have that ability to be a dropper. She could get everyone she wished for."

Amber wanted to protest being called a -dropper by her wife, but there's more important information she gained here, Krystal feel insecure. That's not good. "Why you feel insecure?" the questioned jumped out of without she realized it.

"I… Amber…"

"You don’t trust me?" Amber question sounded like she was pleading. "I… you are the only girl I want Krystal, how…-"

"Amber, I'm sorry, it didn't come out right. What I mean is…" Krystal shakes her head, she can't come up with a good explanation, "It's just a thought, a silly thought…" she chuckled, tried to ease the tension, but failed, "I always say to myself how I can be so lucky? To call you my wife, you're like so charming, and smart, and kind-hearted… and… you're mine." "But people can't get lucky forever right? I'm just afraid that one day I run out of luck." she chuckled again and bow her head staring straight to her lap.

Amber's jaw is dropping, "Is that the reason you ask for a divorce? Because you afraid one day I'll go away?"

Krystal furrows her brows, "No, but the fact that you weren't there most of the time, it made me think that you, might be… bored with our marriage"

"Bored?!" Amber let out a high-pitched scream

"Okay" Taeyeon-Unnie interrupted, Taeyeon really didn't want to meddling in the middle of this, she simply put herself as a mediator, not the decision maker. "Now, yes I'm your counselor but arguing in front of me is not necessary, look the both of you actually know what your problem really here. It's communication. Both of you are a well-educated people, then act like it. I want that communication thing I asked you before to keep flowing and spend time together. For the next session I want to see progress, small or big progress, goin' forward or god forbid backward, I don't care, I want a progress. You got it?" Krystal and Amber nods.

They continue to chit-chat about other things, much to Taeyeon’s relieve, because yes she's their counselor but no, she won't act like when she counseled other couple. Taeyeon think they actually need to fix their problem by themselves, but in Tiffany’s words, they're both being tyres, they're rolling, just rolling, in the same time but not with each other, they're being oblivious that maybe one couldn't keep up with another. They need to get reminded how to rolling side by side. So Taeyeon just to need to be the driver in disguised to drove Krystal and Amber back to Happy-Ville together. God, she really loves Tiffany’s brain.

"Okay this is a lovely chit-chat but, I have another appointment, so, get out." Krystal rolled her eyes of Taeyeon attempt to saying good-bye.

Taeyeon watched as her office door closed, but not till 5 seconds, the door opened again and Amber rushed inside, "you forget something?" asked Taeyeon.

Amber shifted her eyes behind them, seeing maybe if Krystal follow her in, "no, I don't forget anything. I just… Did my hair really look stupid?"

"Get out Amber!"


After 15 minutes drove in silent they arrived at home. Amber seems nervous. Actually she was scheming how to ask Krystal on date...

Again...

But Krystal take Amber's silent in a wrong way.

"Amber… you still mad at me?" Amber stares at Krystal, confuse, and then she realize about Krystal's unfinished explanation at Taeyeon’s office.

"I'm not mad, just curious and sad maybe. I mean, after all these years the fact that you still doubt me somehow", Amber grabbed Krystal's hands, "I will never… never Krystal, leave you, no matter happened. You’re stuck with me."

Krystal ducked her head, "But there are so many girls out there…" Krystal sighed, and Amber started to frustrated, "I mean we have attended so many gathering parties, gala dinner, or any kind social activities together, and I saw how many women actually attracted to you whether they're lesbian or simply just curious. And don't forget about how many women you work with, your workers at Firm or your client…"

"You're being irrational now Krystal, they're just my colleagues, and I don't care about the other." Amber takes a deep breath, Krystal still look down. "Don't you understand? I learned to love and to be loved, take care of someone and be taken care of, that's all from you. You always remind me that I am better than I think I was. You're everything to me, I wouldn't trade you with anyone, hell I wouldn't trade you even for the world."

Krystal lifted her head and see how close actually Amber's face to hers. Actually if she leaned in they could kissed. But she saw the determined look on Amber's face. Amber's eyes only focused at their joined hands. She really-really want to comforting Amber right now, she looks so upset like she try to speak but there's so many in her thought at the same time.

"Amber…"

"I'm sorry if you are not happy with me, it was selfish of me didn't give you attention you need, I mean…" Amber chuckled darkly, "if you asked me what I want from you… Just, just by seeing you everyday, knowing that you're there, that's more than enough for me. A kissed, hugged, or when we holding hands would be a great bonus for me. And I thought you're as happy as I am."

"When you said you cut off your work time, I might be appeared worried, but inside, I feel happy. That mean we can see each other more, but I never thought that's your clue for me, not only I want you to be there but you want me to be there too. I didn't think about your need, I'm sorry for being ignorant." Amber's voice quivered a little bit.

"But I'm willing to change, Krystal. I'll do anything, please." Krystal hears the defeated tone in Amber's voice. "I already asked my junior colleague to help me, and… and I'll manage my time, and… we will go on second honeymoon."

"Don't make promise you couldn't keep"

Amber shakes her head furiously, "No we will go, wherever you want, I'll make you mine again. But let me take a baby step first." Blush crept on Amber's cheeks. "Would you go on a date with me, Krys?"

Krystal's mouth agape, well she didn’t expecting there’s a second date this soon, because the first one is kinda ruin with their arguing the whole week. But Krystal nodded anyway, "I… I'd love to, Amber" and she smile bashfully too.

And for a split second Amber saw the Krystal she asked on their first date 7 years ago.