Chapter 5

f(x)'s Hello Baby! ft. SHINee!

 

Wooooot! I finally updated! This chapter was written by both Nisyaz AND Crystal :) So enjoy~  Oh! We have something special for you at the end~ Banner made by Nisyaz~


 

               Luna skipped along to the music that was roaring loud at the Bumper Cars’ section, Section 1, happily singing along to the music with her huge, wide smile and heavenly voice. Following at the back, with his hands glued to his ears, is Jonghyun, putting up a foul face though actually wanted to slit his hands in his pockets instead of gluing it to his ears. Because of the loud, annoying music, he had to.

                Luna, being her usual self, skipped from place to place, like a younger version of Giselle from Enchanted, saying ‘hello’ to almost all of the workers and passing visitors there. Some called her crazy, another called her nice and warming, though the rest was delighted to see a rare scene of an idol wandering around the streets acting like a hobo. And in through all of that, Jonghyun tried his best to keep his distance almost a constant 150 centimeters away from the girl, just if something bad happens, he wouldn’t want to be far away.

                While Luna was skipping, he was following, his eyes wandered off everywhere, searching like crazy in discreet, for the golden mark that they have to acceptably find. Hi and low, his eyes went, while his head was trying it’s best to face the front, where the girl who’s dreaming she’s Giselle of Enchanted was skipping along and singing, exactly like she was filming a musical.

                Scht. She’s probably too into the music that she doesn’t even try to look for the golden Hello Baby logo. I bet I could find it first, and then I could force her to be my girlfr... Oh no. My ‘partner-as-in-mother’ when we get back as a punishment. Maybe even having a family photoshoot? Yeah, with Saebyul in my arms, and Yoogeun on her lap, then we could have that picture hanging on the wall, and look like a family, then maybe Luna will consider being my girlfriend, and then my wife. Gosh we’ll have real babies! Jonghyun giggled to himself, which cause Luna to give him a weird look. Jonghyun cleared his throat as he pretended to look around.

                “Hmm where in the world is that mark?”

                “Yeah! I heard the other couples are already finishing up their mission!”

                “Omo! We’ve got to be quicker then!”


                After an hour of searching, Jonghyun was reading to give up, when…

                “Oh, oppa! Look over there!” Jonghyun snapped out of his trance as he followed the direction of Luna’s finger. His eyes widened. Damn it! It’s the logo! Now I can’t force her to be my girlfriend already since she found it before me!

                “Wow! Great!” he said half-heartedly. Luna smiled widely as she ran towards the ride. She tore out the logo and went to queue in the long line. Jonghyun groaned. “What in the world? Is this the reality you wanted?!” He shouted to the cameras filming them. Luna chuckled and patted his shoulder.

                “Jjong oppa gwenchana! It’ll be our turn before you even know it!”

                Keeping their hopes up, the couple watched and waited as the queue became shorter and shorter. Suddenly, Jonghyun started fidgeting around and he tapped Luna’s shoulder. “Um… Luna ah… I… I… I need to go to the toilet.” He whispered as he smiled meekly. Luna’s eyes widened.

                “Andwae! Can’t you see that it’s going to be our turn soon oppa?” Luna frowned.

                “But I really need to go! Unless you want me to release in the ride! That would be embarrassing for the both of us.” Luna pouted and stomped her feet.

                “You had better be quick, or I’ll kill you!” she whispered. He nodded gratefully and started running to the nearest toilet.


                Jonghyun finished his business as quick as he could, and dashed to the queue. He was glad that he had made it just in time, as it was their turn. As he was about to slid into the queue next to Luna, a ride vendor came up and stopped him. “Sir, please do not cut the queue and go to the back.”

                “Ah! I think you’re mistaken, I’m with her! She has been queuing for a long time already.” Jonghyun said in bewilderment as he grabbed Luna’s hand. Luna nodded. The ride vendor shook his head firmly.

                “I’m sorry sir, but it is either you go to the back or the both of you go to back, and I don’t care if the two of you are idols and there are cameras filming right now.” Jonghyun glared at the ride vendor and then turned to Luna.

                “It’s okay Luna ah, you can ride the ride yourself, I’ll wait for you outside.” Luna sighed but agreed, when they were interrupted by one of the cameramen.

                “Jonghyun and Luna, the two of you have to take the ride together, as a couple.” Their eyes bulged out and they both groaned. Luna shot Jonghyun a death glare and stomped all the way to the back of the queue. Jonghyun pouted but ran to catch up.

                “Sunyoungie, I’m sorry! Really!” he mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. Luna ignored him and crossed her arms.


                Another hour had passed and it was already 7PM. Finally, Luna and Jonghyun got to the front of the queue. Just as they were about to enter the ride area, the whole ride suddenly shut down. Everyone was shocked and the ride vendors immediately took a loudspeaker and announced that the ride was closed for the moment as it was experiencing technical difficulties. The couple looked at each other in disbelief. Now how were they going to get the golden ticket?

                “Excuse me, we are here on a mission to collect the Hello Baby golden ticket… Now that the ride has shut down what can we do to obtain the ticket?” Luna asked one of the ride vendors. Her eyes widened.

                “Omo! That’s right, you are supposed to get the golden ticket. Hmm, how about this. If you manage to earn at least 50 000 won, we’ll give you the golden ticket!”Exclaimed the cute guy (Luna thought he’s cute okay~) standing on the podium.

                “Oh, okay, thank you oppa~ We’ll come back with 50 000 won for sure! When do you need it by?” Luna asked, with her glittering eyes, due to the fact that they are able to have the golden ticket and go home after all. AND because of the cute guy.

                “Uhh well, I’m on night shift as well, so I’ll be here until next morning. Take all the time you need, kay, cutie?” said the cute guy on the podium , ending his sentence with a wink for Luna which made her swoon over him, smiling widely as she did before.

                What! THIS CANNOT BE! Luna MUST NOT fall for him just because he’s cuter than me! Oh wait, NO! I AM FOREVER CUTER THAN HIM! I mean, can’t YOU JUST SEE MY FREAKING CUTE DINOSAUR FACE?! These puppy eyes aren’t just for anyone y’know. I’ve trained them really good so I can do it forever to Luna whenever we have—Okay, Jonghyun.. You’re thinking way too far right now! Now, you’ve only got to pretend to get pissed at the dude who’s thinking he’s cute and then find a way to earn 50 000 won. Okay.

                “YO MISTER! You DO NOT wink at Luna or else I’ll-“

                “You’ll what? You know, I’m cuter than you even though I’m not on TV and the fact that you’re an idol. I just look better than you just by standing here at the podium. So you may back off as I’ve got my black belt just at the back of my hand. The cute girl is with me, right darling?” and with that, he ended with a double wink which made Luna screech out loud with fantasies.

                “YES OPPA!”

                “LUNA!”

                “What? He’s cuute! You know I just love cute guys!”

                “But I’m cuter than him! Why don’t you love me!”

                “Huh? Love you? Do you want me to love you?”

                “Uhh.. Err..”

                “Never mind. We’ve got some money to collect!”

                “Oh yeah, right.”

                The two wandered off without holding hands as Jonghyun wanted, and looked around for people who would happen to be there. Though, being in the section at 7PM doesn’t really help since most people would return to their homes already. The only people they could find were the staff, cleaning up after hours. Luna, being her bright cheery self, dragged Jonghyun towards the center of everything and had out a cup, then, placed it in front of them.

                “Oppa, let’s sing and collect money! I’ll sing and you back-up, okay?” she whispered into his ears.

                “What? Nooo. I’m your senior and I should take the lead and you should back-up!” he protested. He was proud of his vocals, very.

                “But it’s my idea! So follow my lead if you ever want to get out of this park before night reaches!”

                “Fine. You sing and I’ll back-up.”

                “Don’t mumble. What did you say?”

                “YOU SING AND I WILL BACK UP, OKAY?”

                “OKAY! Now, let’s start with Beautiful Day! Do you know that song?”

                Of course I do, Luna. I’ve been keeping up with you before you debuted right until now. Even though that song is really old, I’ll still remember it, as it had your beautiful singing voice, that pawned mine. Okay, maybe not mine, cause I know mine is way better! But then, you do have a lovely voice..

                “Uhh.. No. Which Beautiful Day?”

                “Ahh.. Oppa, it’s almost 8 already. Just.. follow my lead, okay? Sing during the chorus and when you feel like harmonizing, do it!”  

                “Alright.”

                Luna started to sing, and unexpectedly, for her at least, Jonghyun started to not mumble and actually backed-up for her. At the end of the first chorus, she let him take the second verse, and it turned into a beautiful duet. The cleaning staff and the technicians from all over the section came and watched their performance, some even cashed in some money for the both of them! It was a lovely sight and when the song ended, both of them bowed to the cheers of the crowd.

                “Thank you for listening! We love you~!” Luna took Jonghyun’s hands and on the count of three, both of them bowed repeatedly just until the public was going, one by one. When the crowd had finally disappeared, the eager Luna went up to the cup and counted all the money they had collected while Jonghyun watched from behind.

                “Wow, we earned quite a lot! And we’re up to… 48,000 won. Do you have any money, oppa?”

                “Money? Wait, let me check..”

                This is the time! This is the moment! Where Luna will fall head over heels for me when I hand her over the 2,000 won and save our butts from staying here until night! And then, we’ll get married and have kids and maybe stay under the—

                “OH NO MONEY?!”

                “You don’t have any money too? PD-NIMS! CAN YOU PLEASEEE LEND US 2,000 won?! PRETTY PLEASE~”

                “If it’s only 2,000 won then okay, we’ll lend the money to you. But you’ll have to surface a penalty if you’re going to accept the 2,000 won.”

                “Eh? A penalty? What would we have to do?”

                “You’ll find out later when you return to the house. Will you accept it or not?”

                “Umm.. Jonghyun oppa?”

                “Huh? Oh, yeah, sure! We can do the penalty, right?”

                “I guess. Okay, PD-nim! We’ll accept the money!”

                “Here you go~”

                After they received the money, both of them skipped along back to the bumping cars when suddenly, the cute guy at the podium wasn’t there anymore. Luna’s eyes automatically bulged out and she ran towards the podium, checking inside and outside of the station, running around all over just like a kid who just lost her mother.

                She came back again and went in and out of the whole place while Jonghyun would just watch her from the outside. Luna finally came back, devastated, that she couldn’t find the cute guy AND the fact that both of them would have to stay at the park overnight, because they don’t have the golden ticket for the bus ride home.

                “What are we going to do now?” Luna almost bursted out into tears, didn’t know what to do next. She crouched down, and wiped off her almost tears, with a sad face.

                Noo.. Don’t cry, my smiling angel.. Don’t cry..

                “Don’t cry, kiddo.. I’m here, remember?” Jonghyun kneeled down, and hugged Luna, pulling her onto his chest, resting her head on his shoulders while patting her back all at the same time, just to comfort Luna.

                “But you can’t do anything!” Luna pushed away Jonghyun with her sad face and covered up her beautiful almost crying face with her hands. Unexpectedly, Jonghyun came back to Luna and still comforted her, did what he did before and comforted Luna. Only this time, she didn’t push him away, but pulled his shirt nearer to herself and let herself go.

                “Umm.. We gotta go, guys. It’s after our work hours already. Goodbye!” the crew suddenly waved goodbye and went out of the park, without having Luna nor Jonghyun doing something. They hurriedly left, leaving Luna and Jonghyun gasping in front of the podium.

               “Nooo! Don’t leave us alone, here! NOO!” Luna cried out, finally crying. Jonghyun hugged her tighter and bit his lips, trying to figure out what to do.

                “IS THIS REALLY THE REALITY YOU WANTED?!” 


 

Ohh wait for a minute! The story isn't over yet! 
This time, YOU shall decide. Do you want Luna and Jonghyun to be trapped in the Bumper Cars' section and stay over night, OR would you prefer the two idols to head safely back to the house? VOTE below~