Chapter 9

Cursed

The room was dimly lit, as though expecting the bad news. The atmosphere was quiet, so quiet that it made the rhythmic dripping of water sound deafly loud. No one knew how to react, and the accused stepped back, as though his world had ended- to him, it did after all.

“It can’t be true.” The cursed angel spoke up, breaking the eerie silence.

“I was so sure it wasn’t either.”

“But… how?”

“How did you get the scar?” He asked the hunter.

“I-I don’t remember. I was playing with Woohyun when we were 7 years old, and then I blanked out, and I woke up with this cut.” He said quietly, revealing his story for the first time.

“I don’t know how he did it, but he managed to find his way into your body. Angel and Demons are spirits, I guess he found some kind of magic to possess and body.”

“So he’s been living in me since I was seven.”

Dongwoo nodded.

“But… why? How did they know that we were to meet? Why me out of everyone?”

The young angel looked down, “I-I don’t know.”

“That would explain your infrequent changes the moment you met him.”

“Changes?” Dongwoo asked.

“I transform every month.”

“Yes, but what infrequent? It’s supposed to be every month.” He said, his brows furrowing slightly. “Did I miss something?”

“Last month, Myungsoo saw him in his creature form, injured.”

“You survived?” He asked the hunter, who nodded slightly.

“Sungyeol transformed back into human, after they met.” Sunggyu explained.

“Is that so? Maybe it was only a one-time thing?”

Sungjong shook his head and soon spoke up, “Just a few weeks ago, he was about to transform, we were all confused because it had only been a few days since his last transformation, but as soon as Myungsoo said his name he became back to normal.” He recalled.

“Impossible.” Dongwoo whispered, “Genius.”

“It’s because the demon was there, communicating with the creature, right?” Sunggyu asked, making the scarred hunter step back slightly.

“The demon wants the creature to be unleashed, which is why he keeps turning.”

“But that doesn’t explain why he doesn’t.”

He shook his head, “Because Sungyeol’s destined to be with him. I have never seen an angel fated with a human, but it’s the only explanation. Kind of like a true love thing. He supresses his evil.”

“So the demon knew that they were like red strings? He chose Myungsoo because Sungyeol would never kill him.”

He nodded, “Because killing a demon inside a human body means that the human must die too.”

“So what must he do?” Sunggyu asked, “Just stabbing him wouldn’t kill the demon, right?”

Dongwoo nodded, “He has to set him alight.”

The cursed angel and the scarred hunter kept silent, unable to take in any of the information.

“There must be another way.” Sungyeol whispered.

“There is no other way.”

“No. You’re lying.” Sungyeol said, louder, “You’re lying.” He repeated before stepping back, and fleeing the room.

The young angel sighed, “There really is no other way.” He turned to Myungsoo so seemed to be too quiet, as he processed his thoughts, “You don’t have to do this.” He whispered, “I don’t want to force you to take your life, but remember that if you do, you’re one sacrifice to save the heavens and the earth.’

“How much longer will I have?”

“Until his 21st.”

“13 more days?”

“Yes. In return, I will grant you any wish.”

“Any wish?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“Okay.”

~

Sungyeol woke up to the light shining brightly into his eyes. 10 more days. He reminded himself as he looked around. His eyes felt swollen and his throat was dry. He had never felt these symptoms, but he knew that the human emotions were getting to him.

“Sungyeol.” Sungjong entered, “How are you feeling?”

He nodded, “How did I get here?” He asked, looking around to find himself in a large bed. “Myungsoo carried you here.”

“Myungsoo?” He repeated. The hunter had been ignoring for the three days in which they had been told that the man had to die.

“He loves you.”

Sungyeol never wanted to reciprocate the feelings but he knew it was there. He just was too stubborn to say it back.

Sungjong sighed, “Come on, Let’s get dressed.”

Looking at his attire and then at the clothes that he wore the night before he looked at the younger male in question, “Why am I wearing this? Is it a special occasion?”

He shrugged, “They just told me to dress nicely.”

“They?”

“You’ll see.” Sungjong smiled, “You look nice.”

“Lee Sungyeol?” A new voice interrupted.

“Yes?” He asked.

“Dongwoo wants to speak to you.” 

He nodded and gave Sungjong a reassuring smile, despite the sadness apparent in his eyes, before following the guard.

“You look nice.” The man said, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

Sungyeol smiled, “Thank you. I don’t know the special occasion.”

“It will be nice.”

“I feel like everyone here knows what is going on, except me.”

The man smiled, “You will enjoy yourself.”

He pursed his lips slightly, “What’s your name?”

“You can call me Hoya.”

“Hoya?”

He nodded.

“You’re not human, right?” He asked.

“Your senses are good.” He replied, “I’m not.”

“What are you? You’re not an angel either.”

He smiled, “Guess.” He said facing him as he let his eyes turn into a red colour for a moment.

“D-Demon?” Sungyeol gasped in shock.

He laughed, “I always get the same reaction. But I was a child of demons, I wouldn’t say that I am one.”

“How did you come to the earth?”

“I escaped, and was caught by Dongwoo who thought that I was your demon. It was because when he left for Earth, I followed right behind him so I could follow him too.”

“But wouldn’t you be a spirit?”

“I was, but then Dongwoo gave me a body.” He smiled before looking down.

“You like him?”

He nodded enthusiastically, “I really do.”

Sungyeol smiled.

“He’s a smart kid, Dongwoo is. He will think of something. He gave me a happy ending, so he’s sure to give you both a happy ending too.”

 

 

 


OKAY FIRST OF ALL I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR WHAT I HAVE DONE. IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT AND THAT IT WAS HORRIBLEEE. I KNOW YOU GUYS PROBABLY DIDNT EXPECT THIS OR MAYBE DID (IDK) HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL HATE ME PLEASE DON'T I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU ALL I PROMISE. I mean......at lease this time it only took a month to update right? :D 

Still though, hopefully you guys enjoyed it! I've started the next chapter and this story is kinda coming to an end so hopefully I can update that soon too! Please let me know what you think :)

Till next time, please be safe and well!