Chapter 5

Cursed

“Where did you go last night?”

“I was on lookout.”

“But Sunggyu…”

“He has trouble sleeping at times like this.”

Myungsoo eyes the other for a while before nodding, “So, don’t you have a weapon?”

Sungyeol shot him a weird look, “No.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t believe in weapons.”

Myungsoo chuckled, “You will, once you face death.”

Sungyeol wanted to ask if that had any relation to the scar on the man’s face, but he refused to let his curiosity take over. “Thanks for protecting me yesterday.” He smiled.

“I only try to do what I’m supposed to be good at.”

“And what’s that?”

“Protecting others.” Myungsoo replied, as though it was the obvious thing in the world.

“Oh.” Sungyeol chuckled, “Well you’re doing a great job at it.”

 

~

“We leave when the sun is north.” Sunggyu informed, making Sungyeol look up.

“How many more days?”

“61 days.”

“I’ll be turning in less than a fortnight.”

“You can’t transform when the others are there.”

Sungyeol hesitated, “Then how are we supposed to get away from them for at least a week?”

“I might have a plan.” Sunggyu replied, turning his head to look at his long lost brother, “But you need to know that from the moment you allowed them to come along, they are bound to know who you are.”

“I know.” Sungyeol replied quietly.

“You’re getting close to the boy.”

He sighed, “Something about him just continues to make me feel more curious the more I interact with him.”

“You don’t, perhaps, think that you’re falling in love with him?” Sunggyu suggested.

Sungyeol blinked as he let the words settle in. He shook his head, “Impossible. I may look human, but I am an angel.” He paused, before adding quietly, “We’re not supposed to have these kinds of human emotions.”

Sunggyu shrugged, “Well, maybe since you’ve spent so long living in the human world you’ve grown accustomed to our behaviour.”

He shook his head, “It can’t be.” He defended firmly, “I cannot fall in love. No angel can fall in love. Especially with a human.”

“I guess you’re right.” Sunggyu replied, “But it doesn’t mean that you can’t care for him, correct?”

“I guess so.” He said, “I guess he intrigues me, and because of that, I care for him.”

The two males snapped their heads to a loud, familiar groan, as they witnessed the scarred male lying on the floor with an arrow in his neck.

“Myungsoo!” Woohyun bellowed as he stared wide eyed at his friend. Instantly, he dropped the logs of wood he was chopping and ran towards him, before standing up to look around for the culprit.

“Hyung!” Sungjong shouted frantically at Sunggyu, who was still shocked at the events, “Hyung, it hit his veins. Hyung!” He shouted desperately.

Sunggyu continued to stare, as he couldn’t believe his eyes. Words that were coming out of everyone’s lips sounded contorted and muffled, and his surroundings had seemed to mesh into one. He blinked. And blinked again, before realising that this was reality. He sprinted towards the now limp male and cradled him between his arms.

“Myungsoo.” He whispered. “M-Myungsoo.” He repeated, hoping that the younger would awaken.

“Sunggyu, he’s dead.” Sungjong whispered, “It hit his artery. He won’t be able to survive.”

“No! He’s not dead.” Woohyun shouted, “Not after everything. He can’t be dead after just one blow.” He cried, “Myungsoo, wake up. Please.” Woohyun begged.

Sunggyu dropped the male onto the soft leaves beneath them, and instantly stood on his knees, as he stared up at the angel, “Sungyeol, save him.” He whispered.

“Sunggy-”

“Please. I’ll do anything. Just save him.”

Sungyeol stared at Woohyun who seemed confused and ruined, “Y-You can save him?”

Sungyeol didn’t reply.

“Please save him. I don’t care h-how. If it’s magic. Or if it’s with potions. I don’t care. Please help me. Please save Myungsoo.” He begged.

“I-I…” He trailed off, “I’ll try.” He replied quietly.

 

“Sunggyu, he can’t do it. Not in front of the man. You know they can kill him.”

“I don’t want him dead.” Sunggyu replied, “But I don’t want to see my brother dead either. Not like this. Not after reuniting with him for this short period.”

“But Sungyeo-”

“I will not let any of them die.” Sunggyu concluded sternly, “I won’t.”

 

“Who are you?” Woohyun asked with a shaky voice.

Sungyeol ignored the man and continued to stare at the unconscious hunter, who was barely breathing. “Could you please leave?”

Woohyun shook his head determinedly, “No. I’m not leaving him.”

He sighed, “Then don’t interrupt me.” He said, “And don’t freak out.” He added with a whisper, before hovering his hands over the neck of Myungsoo. He heard a quiet gasp as the blue, bright light appeared from his palms, letting out the coloured smoke melodiously flow into the man’s wound, the pierced skin could be visibly attaching itself together once again, and within a few minutes, the light dissipated back into the darkness of the forest.

“What was that?”

“It’s not certain that he would survive, but there is a 95% chance he will. Stay by his side.”

“W-Who are you?” Woohyun asked in fright.

“Tell Sunggyu I’ll be resting.” He ignored, turning his back to the two men.

“S-Sungyeol!” Woohyun shouted, making the other halt slightly, “T-Thank you!” He bowed. Sungyeol chewed on his lower lip in hesitation, before choosing the proceed on walking. He heard a loud gasp, and looked down. The man survived.

 

 


Well isn't this story going fast xD Please do comment about what you thought about it hahahahah I'm so sad bye guys :) Literally wasn't going to post this up because I was putting it off because i didn't really like the chapter and then kinda forgot about it (dont kill me) and only decided to do so after yvonnenguyen2297 told me off sobs T~T so i hope you guys enjoyed it nonetheless.