Chapter 10

Cursed

“Maybe he can become an angel once he dies, and meet you in your world.” Hoya suggested.

Dongwoo shook his head, “To become an angel the human must not be tainted with the demon spirit. When he dies, he will be absorbed into the Earth and reincarnate into something beautiful.”

“Then I will find him. I will find another way to get to him when he’s back,”

“It wouldn’t be easy. Killing your soulmate is like cutting your string. You may be fated to him, but he will never be fated to you anymore. Your red strings will be severed, and his will reconnect with a new soul. Your fate was what was cursed, Sungyeol. It was never you. It was how you could never become truly happy.”

“But you said that if we defeat the demon all curse would be broken.”

“But that doesn’t change what will happen. The demon was smart. He had planned everything without errors. He knew your fate and now he’s making you kill it. After you kill your destined partner, fate will crumble and you will be left with nothing.” Sungyeol looked away, every sense of hope slowly draining from his eyes, “But…” Dongwoo continued, “There’s another way.” Dongwoo said.

The angel perked up, “There is?”

He nodded, “But it’s more dangerous.”

“What is it?”

“You must find the soul of the demon.”

“But isn’t he in Myungsoo?”

“That is his spirit. It may be here, but his soul is in the depths of evil.”

“So what do I have to do?”

“You must sacrifice yourself to the darkness. And from there, it could either consume you, or lead you to his soul.”

“There’s a catch though.”

“You will no longer have a human form. And you cannot tell anyone.”

“So I’d be dead?”

“Yes. So either, Myungsoo dies for my curse to be lifted and for me to live on, or for me to die and Myungsoo to live.”

“Yes.”

“Didn’t you say that I was destined with him?” He asked in a quiet voice, “Instead we’re fated to be apart.”

“I can’t see your future, but I can tell you that if Myungsoo is fated to live, he will live a happy life.”

“Will he remember me?”

“He will remember his journey, but not you.”

“What if I wanted to be selfish and have him remember me?”

“Do you really want that?”

~

“Sungyeol!” The said man turned, snapping back into reality as his mind wandered off to the recent conversation.

“Sungjong?”

“Why did he want to talk to you?”

He shook his head and smiled, “What’s going on?”

“He’s waiting for you.”

“Who?”

Sungjong smiled, “You’ll find out.” He laughed, before dragging him to the backyard where a large garden was seen. “Have fun, Sungyeol. You really deserve it.”

Sungyeol smiled, still slightly confused he looked around, the garden was large- larger than his at least. He saw a fountain, and found the intricate details to be fascinating. The water that melodiously splashed onto the plate at the bottom continuously, and the birds that landed peacefully to drink the liquid.

He turned to his right and saw a hand holding up a light pink tulip. Slowly he followed to the arm and faced the man, his eyes widening at the handsome man who smiled. He reached up and traced his face, as though the remnants of the scar had still been there.

“Myungsoo?”

“Surprise.”

“Why?”

“I’m ugly.”

“You are not.” He said, still tracing the smooth skin that had replaced the thick, painful scar. “You’re more than beautiful.” He whispered. “How long? Forever?”

He shook his head, “Only for today.” He said, looking down.

“You don’t need to get rid of it.” He said.

“I want to.” He said, “I want to be normal for once.”

“You are normal.” He said.

Myungsoo smiled, “Come on. I have a surprise.”

“Another one?”

He grinned and nodded, “Let’s live this day as though there are no problems in the world.” He said, making the other nod in agreement. “Come on.” He said, pulling him to a dim lit room.

“What is this?”

“I did this with Woohyun a lot when we were younger.” He said. Picking up a brush. He dipped the stick into a colourful liquid, before handing it to the taller male, “Do you want to try? Just draw whatever.” He said.

Sungyeol hesitated slightly before placing the brush onto the canvas and drawing a line. He proceeded to curve it into a circle, and continued to draw.

“What are you drawing?” Myungsoo asked amused.

“Us.” He laughed, “But it doesn’t really look it.” He pouted, looking at the two stick figures. Myungsoo laughed before picking up a brush to add detail.

“That’s not bad.” He smiled, looking at the finished artwork after an hour.

“It looks terrible!” Sungyeol laughed. The two stick figures had now looked like smudged blobs with a red heart framing them.

“Hey, we’ll let it dry. I bet it’ll look okay then.” He tried.

“Whatever you say.” Sungyeol grinned.

“Come on, there’s more I want to show you.” He smiled.

“More? But I’m so tired already!” Sungyeol whined, although he was lying.

“Oh, are you? Then…” He looked at the other in concern before smiling widely, “I’ll carry you to the next place!” He announced before sweeping his feet off and carrying him. Sungyeol squealed and laughed, instinctively wrapping his arms around the other’s neck to avoid falling.

 

“Too fast!” Sungyeol laughed as the other ran faster, “You’ll fall.” He shouted, “I’m heavy!” He, before nodding towards the scene behind the angel.

Sungyeol turned around, his eyes widening and gasping in disbelief

“I feel like I’m not even carrying anything.” Myungsoo exclaimed, speeding up.

“Okay, okay. I’m not tired anymore.” Sungyeol tried, gasping for air as he tried to stop laughing.

“Are you sure?”

He nodded and smile widely, “I can walk now.” He said.

“Okay…” Myungsoo replied, bending his knees forward slightly to let him down before standing quickly and continuing to run, “Nope! We’re almost there!” He yelled, feeling the other’s arms tighten around his neck. He heard Sungyeol’s melodious laughter, which only widened his smile as his legs ran faster. “Okay, we’re here.” He huffed, as he slowed down to lower the other to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol smiled, placing a hand on the hunter’s shoulder.

He nodded in reply and tried to control his breathing, “Just perfect.” He smiled, before nodding towards the scene behind the angel.

Sungyeol turned around, his eyes widening and gasping in disbelief as he stared at the large vast of water behind him. “It’s so blue.” He commented, unsure of what else to say, “It’s pretty.”

Myungsoo smiled and led him towards the lake, revealing a wooden canoe that was tied to a tree nearby.

“What’s this?”

“I was trying to be romantic.” He smiled, “But I can’t row.” He admitted, rubbing the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

Sungyeol laughed, before holding onto the other’s hand tightly to keep his balance as the boat rocked under his weight. “I don’t know if I should trust you.”

“No, you can trust me.” Myungsoo grinned, “I promise.” He added before sitting in front of him and taking a paddle. “I’m sure it’s not that hard.” He muttered.

Sungyeol looked around, smiling gently as he took in his surroundings. He breathed in the floral scent and felt the wind gently brush pass him, greeting him as he listened to the melodious chirpings of the birds high up in the spring trees. The blossoming flowers had matured and now showered them, its white petals mimicking the soft snow that fell from the sky every winter.

“It’s beautiful.” Sungyeol whispered, as he reached out to catch the falling blossoms that laid peacefully into his pale palm.

Myungsoo simply smiled, capturing the angel’s charms and grace. His eyes were closed as though allowing his other senses to feel the beauty in which his vision had been blessed with. The hunter’s rowing slowly disinclined as his gaze towards Sungyeol’s lips became a distraction. His lips were curled slightly upwards to depict his content, and soon made Myungsoo wary of his own chapped, cracked ones. Eventually, his rowing came to a halt and the canoe sailed according to the direction of the stream.

The hunter shifted his weight slightly, his eyes still fixated on the man’s features, before he became more conscious of the rapid beating in his chest. Slowing bringing his hand to the left side of his chest, he closed his eyes, the rhythmic beating calming him and soon helping him to escape the problems that he had to soon to face. His lids slowly opened once again and he was faced with a man who stared at him with much curiosity.

“Are you okay?” He asked with slight amusement.

He nodded, “I was just thinking.”

“About?”

“Us.”

Sungyeol nodded, choosing not to further inquire. There was no need anyways. “I-” He began, before Myungsoo interrupted him by placing his dry lips on his soft ones.

They stayed there for a while, only parting to let Myungsoo take a short breath where they stared at each other’s features, only an inch apart. “I love you.” Myungsoo whispered, his voice shaky.

Sungyeol didn’t say anything. Angels weren’t supposed to have feelings. He was taught that his entire life. Through his dreams, through the lullabies his mother had sang to him before he was cursed. They weren’t supposed to feel anything, let alone feel love for humans. Yet for some reason, the three words that the human had whispered made him feel everything. Happiness, excitement, love, but it was all drowned with the intense feeling of fright and sadness.

“You can’t… love me.” Sungyeol whispered back, looking down, “You can’t, if you want to live.”

“I never had a reason to live anyways, but now with you, I have a reason to die.”

“No, you don’t understand, I- I can… I don’t…” Myungsoo hushed him, kissing him once again. Sungyeol quietened, his eyes closing as he felt a tear run down his face. A tear that represented how human he had become.

“You’re not alone in this.” Myungsoo whispered, “Even when I’m gone, I’ll still be watching you. I’ll come back to you. I might forget you,” He said, “But my heart will never forget the love I feel for you.”

.

.

.

.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes snapped open, his blurred vision slowly focussing on the blank, white ceiling. The room was cold and dark. The silence seemed to deafen him as his heart pounded heavily in his chest. A small sigh left his lips, and his lifeless eyes followed the lone ray of light that snuck its way into his hostile room.

A tear rolled down from his eyes. He had been crying a lot. He had been feeling a lot. Yet he felt empty. He felt… hopeless.

 

The day had come.

 

 

 


Hiiiiii! I'm back after 2 days :D I made this chapter a little more fluffier but like except towards the end but still, hopefully you guys enjoy this more than the last chapter :) Let me know what you think!

Till next time, stay safe and well :D