Chapter 1

Cursed

“There’s a legend that states that an angel lives on this very earth, exiled from the heavens. They say that this angel was cursed only at the age of 1 year old, by a demon who tried to taint the purity of the heavens, and so, he had put a spell on this boy to drain the life of everything he touched. So, to protect the heavens from crumbling down, the Gods decided to imprison him on the face of this earth. Any human who had come in contact with him, had never lived to tell the tale.”

“What does he look like, Hyung?”

“I can’t tell you. I’ve never seen him before.”

“Oh, please do tell me!” The little boy begged, inching closer to his brother in curiosity.

“We have to go back. Mummy might get worried.”

“Please Hyung, Please tell me!”

The older brother sighed and looked down at him, “They say,” He began quietly, “They say that he is very beautiful. One might mistake him for a girl. They say his appearance seduces you before-” The older clapped loudly, making his brother jump in shock and lean forward.

“Before?”

“Before he takes your life.”

“He drains your life?”

His brother nodded, “That’s what the legend says.”

“Wow.” He exhaled in fascination. A twig snapped and both boys instantly turned their heads to the source of the noise. Another snap of a twig could be heard once again and the older raised an arm to protect his brother.

“Myungsoo.” The elder whispered.

“Who are they?”

“When I say run. Make sure you run back home without turning back.” He whispered.

“What about you?”

“I’ll be right behind.”

“Hyung…”

“Three…” He began, taking a step back, his arms still lifted, as though guarding his brother. “Two… One!” He whispered harshly, and the two boys ran furiously back. They could hear the rapid footsteps behind them, and soon boy boys began to tire.

The elder continued to run as quickly as he could, his breath halting as he heard his brother’s scream. He stopped running, looking around, to see tall trees surrounding him. There was no sight of his brother. “Myungsoo!” The 8-year-old shouted, “Myungsoo!” The footsteps that were following him were now replaced by the eerie rustling of leaves that consumed the atmosphere. The humming of the crickets that had come out in the evening to feast became deafening to the boy, as he frantically searched for his brother, using only the light from the illuminating moon to guide him through the forest that seemed to be much larger that night.

A whirring of an arrow could be heard in the distance, followed by a loud gasp. The boy’s eyes widened, instinctively running back to his home. His life being his main priority over his brother’s, he mentally apologized to the Gods, begging them for forgiveness, as he left his brother to his inevitable death.

15 years later.

“…And, they say that the angel is a beautiful one. One whose looks could be mistaken as a female’s, as he seduces you and takes your lungs.”

“Lungs? Isn’t it usually the heart?”

“W-Well, yes, but this legend says it’s the lungs.”

“Why would he want the lungs for?”

“I don’t know!” The man sighed in frustration.

“You’re not very good at story-telling, Woohyun.” The man smirked in amusement. A rapid rustling could be heard and the two hunters halted, eyes trailing to the sound. Their fingers enveloped around their weapons as their crept closer to the unknown that was hidden behind the bushes. Woohyun reached for an arrow behind him, aiming it towards where the sound was heard, he glanced at his partner who gave a short nod before shooting. A loud gasp could be heard before a inaudible groan. The two proceeded closer to the bushes, revealing a man similar of their age, laying semi-conscious in his own pool of blood.

Woohyun aimed his arrow to the man once again, only lowering it when he realized the other was unarmed.

“Who are you?” The man questioned in an authoritative voice, only to be responded with another long groan from the injured male. A mixture of guilt, pain and confusion was evident in his eyes as he stared at the other who had crouched down to his level.

The injured man looked up and reached his arm up to the man’s face, making Woohyun instinctively raise his weapon up once again. The man raised a hand to stop him, watching the dying man weakly trace his fingers on the long, ugly scar that permanently blemished his once flawless face. “M-Myung… Myungsoo?” He asked in a raspy voice.

The said male stood up in shock, resulting in the injured one to collapse from the lack of support, “W-Who are you?” He repeated, in a more curious and confused tone. But the other had out.

 

 


Please let me know how you thought of it :) 

Stay safe~