grip

Toxic | Chanbaek

G R I P

 

  • -  -

 

 

Baekhyun squirms uncontrollably on his bed. What chanyeol told him, those words were still ringing inside his ear.

 

I liked your company better, Dr. Byun.

 

“.” Baekhyun curses. It was already past 12 and he still couldn’t sleep. He massaged his forehead.

 

“It isn’t possible…” Baekhyun shrugs at his thought. “that I like him right?”

 

Baekhyun you’re insane.

 

He shrugged yet again and hit his head several times. No matter what he tries, one thing that got into his mind is only Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol. Chanyeol. Chanyeol.

 

He knows that he can’t. He’s a psychiatrist.

 

His phone rang that interrupted his thoughts. He sighed and answered the call. “Hey Sehun.”

 

“Hey, why are you still awake?”

“Why are you calling at this ungodly hour huh?” Baekhyun asked his bestfriend. Sehun tried to hide his embarrassment, “W-well, I was planning to prank you.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “I can’t sleep sehun.”

Sehun laughed at the other line. “Let me sing for you.”

Baekhyun scoffed, “My ears will hurt Dr. Oh.”

Sehun laughed once again. It felt so good having a conversation with baekhyun. It made his stress go away. Having patients that were not sane were seriously creeping him out. He knows that he loved the job but mentally damaged people can corrupt sane minds.

Baekhyun felt a lump inside his throat. He’s been itching to ask that patient again. He gathered his courage to. “Hun, I just want to ask you about something…someone.”

Sehun curiously replied, “Who?”

Baekhyun paused and sighed.

“Don’t tell me it’s Chanyeol.” Sehun says straightforwardly. Mentioning his name, augh, it got some tingling sensation that rose up Sehun’s spine. Chanyeol was the last person in this world that he’d like to meet.

Or not.

Baekhyun wanted to shrug but instead he just bit his lower lip. “Y-Yes…” He sighed yet again. “Now that Dr. Wu’s out. No one still wants to be his psychiatrist right? I know it seemed pathetic. How’s your session with him?”

“Are you seriously going to ask me that again?” Sehun impatiently replied. “You know my answer.”

“I-I know about him! He’s…he’s uh, he’s bad. He’s a murderer and h-he’s---“

“That’s exactly my point. Just stay away from him. I’ll give you my patients but stay away from Park.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and grew a bit irritated. “I can handle myself Sehun.” He hardly said before ending the call. He was irritated because Sehun was being like that. What’s so wrong of being intrigued by a patient? He wrapped himself with his blanket like a burrito and wished for time to speed up.

He wanted the sun to rise up already.

He wanted to work already.

  •  

He wanted to see Chanyeol.

 

  •  

 

The weather is bad.

Baekhyun frowns from the bus station, his shoes getting wet already. It’s been raining cats and dogs since 4 am and his jacket wasn’t much of a help. He hugged himself tightly along with his bag and waited for the bus to come.

  •  

“You’re late Byun.” Tiffany mutters to her friend who looked like he’s been soaked from the rain. She threw him a towel. “Ewww! Just wipe yourself off! Your clients are waiting.”

Baekhyun just nodded and closed his locker. He ruffled his hair with the towel and watched how Tiffany walked for the exit.

He suddenly remembered something.

He hastily ran towards tiffany, grabbing her arm.

“Who’s incharge with Park Chanyeol this day?” Baekhyun asked, oh-so-curious. Tiffany chuckled and pat Baekhyun’s grip off.

“You’re seriously persistent about Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun laughs nervously. “W-Who knows that studying him would boost my career.”

Tiffany smiled, clueless of what Baekhyun was secretly trying to imply. “Good day to you, there are no assigned doctors to him today.”

Baekhyun’s lips suddenly formed into a small grin.

 

  •  

Sehun ran back and forth as he searches for Baekhyun. He entered the locker room, only to find Tiffany grabbing her bags and she looked like she’s done from her work. “W-Where’s Baekhyun?”

Tiffany sipped through her strawberry frappe.

“Oh she’s with Park Chan---“

Tiffany didn’t finish her sentence when Sehun already dashed off.

  •  

 

“Are you cold Dr. Byun?” Chanyeol asked his doctor who was slightly quivering at his position. Baekhyun sighed. “W-Well, it’s just…maybe I…” He cleared his throat. He hated that he’s stuttering in front of him.

“How are you feeling today Chanyeol? Are those demons still whispering?” Baekhyun asked and started to write the date on his notepad.

Chanyeol frowned, “They do love me doctor.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun scribbles over his note. “What else?”

“What else?” Chanyeol repeats.

“How about…your family?” Baekhyun tried to ask a sensitive topic, wanting to see how Chanyeol will react.

Chanyeol’s smirk faded and it was replaced by a snort. “I wished that I just came out of a seed. Not from my own birth giver.”

The word seed made Baekhyun chuckle. “A seed? Why?”

Chanyeol smirks inwardly when he saw how intrigued Baekhyun is with his words. He loved seeing how deep the petite boy is whenever he is talking. He isn’t assuming that the boy is just doing this for his career.

He can base it that it’s different.

Whenever Dr. Byun smiles, he knew that there’s something way beyond his job.

And for the fact that Chanyeol’s wanting that.

Ever since he laid his eyes on Baekhyun, he already had a grip on the boy.

The boy was naturally curious, cute and feisty. He liked it whenever Baekhyun comes around to visit him.

Just a few days more Chanyeol. He told himself. Once this boy’s fallen, the chance is clear.

Chanyeol clenched his fists from behind.

Oh how he’s been waiting to hold a gun, crush everyone in this very site and take the petite doctor with him. Screw him and cage him. Decorate that ing neck with a lot of marks, make Baekhyun sin and have his old reign back.

Oh how Chanyeol missed the old times.

“I think I’m tired Dr. Byun.” Chanyeol lies. “You should go now.”

Baekhyun suddenly frowns from Chanyeol’s idea. “Why? It’s only been 15 minutes since I’ve gotten here. Are you seriously tired? Didn’t you sleep well?”

Chanyeol smirked that got Baekhyun pausing his words.

This psychopath was just too damn attractive.

Chanyeol loved the fact that Baekhyun was too inquisitive. His job really suited him the best but what Chanyeol wanted for him wasn’t a pen and notepad. He’d rather see a rifle and blood around those slender fingers.

Chanyeol couldn’t wait more.

“There are just so many things that’s bothering me puppy.” Chanyeol replied, pouting. “I’ve gotten insomnia lately from these problems.”

Baekhyun leans curiously. “Problems? What problems?”

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s eager eyes.

“If I tell you,” Chanyeol’s voice was raspy. “Would you give me what I need?”

 

  •  

Baekhyun knows that it’s wrong.

But

Baekhyun was just too curious of what it might be.

“What would you need? What you do you need?” Baekhyun asked. Totally drowning from Chanyeol’s dark orbs, forgetting the sense of what he’s saying.

Chanyeol smirked gorgeously, “I need a machine gun.”

Baekhyun blinked twice.

  •  

Seeing Baekhyun being taken aback, Chanyeol just chose to smile, his eyes turning crescents.

“I’m just messing up with you puppy.” Chanyeol then laughed. Baekhyun felt his world stop.  His patient’s laughter was too melodious, too stoic and too….addicting.

“I’m a bad Joker, wasn’t I?”

Baekhyun couldn’t bring himself to talk.

Chanyeol wanted to grip his neck more, put the leash on but he knows that he needed to surround his pretty neck carefully.

“We are sometimes bad jokers.” Baekhyun adviced to cheer Chanyeol up.

“You should rest puppy. You’re spending too much time on me.”

“Well,” Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol. “You’re my patient and I can---“

“I am Dr. Wu’s patient.”

“B-But he’s---“ Baekhyun stopped. Didn’t Chanyeol know at all? “He w-was murdered a few days ago. That’s why, different people come and go here---“

“He’s dead?” Chanyeol faked his surprised face. Baekhyun studied his patient before scribbling over his notes.

“He’s such a good doctor.” Chanyeol ranted. “He’s nice; he talks about sports and guns. He listens very well and he…he’s a bit feisty and I liked his company.”

Baekhyun’s heart sank for some reasons. So that was Chanyeol’s ideal doctor? Of course, Dr. Wu’s been his doctor for almost 3 years and maybe he’d known him for that long.

“I-I’m sorry.” Baekhyun looked down. “I see that you both had a good relationship.”

Chanyeol grinned. “Oh don’t be doctor,” He paused, biting his lower lip. “I’m glad that he’s dead.”

 

  •  

Chan’s so freaky augghhh but the joker vibes is creepin creepin creepin! Writer’s block go away!