p a s t

Toxic | Chanbaek

P a s t

 

“Why did you come just this late?” A woman in her early thirties asked a petite young boy who just smiled in front of his mother despite being sorry.

“I-It’s traffic.” Baekhyun told his mother. Mrs. Byun was able to quickly process Baekhyun’s answer. The young boy was not even looking at her. She held his palms and pressed it, it was sweaty. Mrs. Byun sighed and Baekhyun lowered his head. She just hugged her frustrations out of her son.

“Hyunnie baby, tell me the real reason now.”

Baekhyun knew that his mother’s other side was showing again. This was no escape. His mother was a psychiatrist. She can read minds and she has a stable clinic somewhere in Incheon for the consults of the nearly loss of mind, the confusion or even the villains.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip, showing a bit of his charms. “Sehun and I….we played baseball and hang out together.” He answered.

Mrs. Byun’s eyebrows furrowed. “Do you like him Hyunnie?”

Baekhyun paused but didn’t answer his mother’s question and instead asked another one. “When will be your trip to the Asylum that you told me? I want to come over.” Was Baekhyun’s question that shocked his mother. She didn’t even think that Baekhyun would like to go with her to that place.

Baekhyun idolized his mother for some reasons and he wanted to be like her one day, how classified and cool that will be reading other people’s minds and interpreting their moves.

“It’s after three weeks from now. Are you sure you really want to come? It wasn’t a place for sixteen year olds like you Baek.” His mother warned. She knew what the asylum was like, false hopes, lost stars.

“I’m still your apprentice. Good night mum.” Baekhyun kissed his mother a goodnight before heading to his room and reading some books which he adored so much. He hated fiction but loved myths. He read psychological books yet again that made his eyes swell and he slowly passed out before the clock strikes 3 am.

-

Baekhyun’s English contest was on Saturday and his mom’s trip to Sangyeul Asylum was only a day away. Baekhyun was so hyped up to go with his mother on her exploration trip. He studied hard and read the grammar book until midnight. The next day---although nervous, he won the contest finishing up in 1st place. Mrs. Byun couldn’t take back a promise, so when Sunday came, Byun Baekhyun departed with her to go to one of the most insane and dark places she knows, Sangyeul Asylum.

It was Korea’s finest Asylum.

Many who lost their minds, lost directions and some criminals were brought there. The security was very strict that at the entrance they would even check your whole identity---Baekhyun hated that but thought that it was cool.

As Baekhyun stepped inside the Asylum, Mrs. Byun told him to just walk with her and never divert his attention or direction for her could easily get lost---or persuaded by those who are extremely lost.

“This is a very dangerous place Baekhyun. Do not, no no ever, separate with me okay?” Mrs. Byun warned her innocent son. Baekhyun sometimes thought of exploring his own but after walking a few centimeters, he could already feel the fall of hope and the heavy ambiance inside.

You can only see White walls with some gray lining. Nurses were everywhere and based on their faces, Baekhyun could read that they were all frustrated, lonely and strict. Some of the ‘insane’ people were with their nurses, either crying or jumping like a maniac at the hallway.

Mrs. Byun was with some other doctors so she didn’t actually notice her son---who just went on his way to another aisle.

As he laid his feet on the cold marble floor, he could already feel something weird and some weird and dark force. This hallway was quite different, there were huge windows and he could clearly see the patients who were at the corner, doing something weird like this girl who was eating her hair, a man singing with a faint voice and a huge scar running down his face and also a man in his forties who just came near Baekhyun---although there was a glass barrier---and smiled ridiculously at Baekhyun whispering, “You are you are destruction my child.”

Then the man gave off a nerve wrecking laugh which gave Baekhyun chills. The rooms looked like more of a prison cell than a room. After observing the first three rooms, he came across another room with a bed inside but to his surprise----no one was there, which made him curious.

He stepped forward and groaned when he stepped on something. He picked the---what looked like a small metal bracelet with 61 engraved on it. Baekhyun leaned on the glass and found a small paper on the glass barrier and it read,

 

Park Chanyeol

#A-7261

 

“C-Chanyeol?” Baekhyun muttered the name; it was quite familiar to him. The syllables of Chanyeol’s name fits his tongue perfectly---like he was meant to say that every day. He kept the bracelet inside his pocket with his eyes still wandering inside the empty room when he heard a loud deafening scream from the end of the hallway.

And the man he was looking for---was there.

Chanyeol didn’t even look helpless as the nurses and the security gave held both of his arms. Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the vulgar sight, why would they hurt this man?

“Wasted wasted wasted. y es.” He heard Chanyeol’s deep voice that sent shivers down his spine.

The nurses prepared an injection with a long needle and blue liquid inside it. Chanyeol was just laughing hard but not even fighting.

“What happened?” Asked a man who looked like a security guard. The other one shrugged and sighed. “This psycho tried to escape again. Why couldn’t he understand that his life will end here?” Then the man kicked Chanyeol’s stomach. Baekhyun knew it was painful but Chanyeol wasn’t even reacting----just laughing.

All of a sudden, Chanyeol’s gaze fell on Baekhyun’s eyes. Baekhyun felt his world stop. The man---no scratch that, he looked young---the boy was enchanting. He looked so complicated, quizzical, enigmatic yet captivating.

Chanyeol his lips as the nurses inject the blue serum---the needle piercing across his smooth skin. Chanyeol then turned to Baekhyun---who was still looking at him.

His eyes slowly closed---the serum having its effect--- but he was still smiling because he marked that day that with that Boy’s intense glare at him----Chanyeol knew that his escape would be someday fulfilled. The boy just needed a few demons and Chanyeol could burst out of this hell hole.

“BAEKHYUN!” Mrs. Byun shouted on top of her lungs as she squeezed her son with a tight hug. “I was so worried about you! What did I even told you about this place!?” She scolded. Baekhyun didn’t answer and just stared at the nurses dragging Chanyeol’s body inside the empty room---or cell as he preferred and laid the giant’s body on the white velvet bed.

Baekhyun scanned the giant’s face and he was still antonished. That Chanyeol guy was a whole lot of handsome and a whole lot of crazy.

“Let’s go.” Mrs. Byun ordered.

“Who is he?” Baekhyun asked in nowhere. Mrs. Byun eyed the boy who looked like an innocent sheep from his sleep. When he recognized who he was, she immediately dragged Baekhyun away.

“W-Wait who is he—“

Mrs. Byun hushed her curious son. Panic crept inside her head and sighed. She gripped Baekhyun’s shoulders and lowered her head. “He Hyunnie, is someone who we shall not speak of.”

And that response made Baekhyun crave more for the mysterious boy.

---

Although Mrs. Byun promised herself that she wouldn’t tag Baekhyun with her again to that Asylum---she just broke her promise. On Baekhyun’s 20th birthday was also his days of becoming a Psychiatrist like her and she was proud of what her son had accomplished. Baekhyun finished his course strong and graduated with honors. He excelled so much that he even accelerated.

Mrs. Byun was ought to give everything to her only son, anything her boy desires but Baekhyun had only one wish---that was so go back to Sangyeul Asylum.

-

Baekhyun felt proud and nostalgic as he set his feet inside the Asylum he’d been to four years ago where he spent his entire day observing the patients and of course, learning their minds. Mrs. Byun was talking to Mr. Oh when Baekhyun made his own way again. His mother didn’t even notice her son’s bad decision.

Baekhyun tried to recall the same old hallway where he found---him.

And he didn’t fail.

He nervously walked towards cell number four---his heart pounding so hard and his palms getting sweaty. It has been years, was he still here?

“No…” Baekhyun whispered when he saw the boy’s back. He was still there, four years had passed and he was still there. The 61 bracelet was still in his pocket, he was hoping to return it but quite afraid that the crazy man might be a threat.

Baekhyun felt joy inside his heart when he saw that boy again. He observed the boy and saw him counting his long slender fingers. He observed Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol counted, “two, one…” Then turned to Baekhyun with a wide grin.

“Very interesting.” He muttered and stepped forward, making his way to the glass barrier and held his hands on two sides. Baekhyun stepped backward due nervousness.

Baekhyun blinked twice, not even realizing that Chanyeol was memorizing his face.

“They say twenty is the age of blossoming. You have blossomed well.” Chanyeol told Baekhyun and surprisingly it made Baekhyun blush.

“U-Uh…Well yeah.” Baekhyun gathered his courage to answer. He was quite shocked because he was actually now having a conversation with the boy who he searched on the internet 4 years ago and what he found was not so good stuff about Chanyeol.

“Don’t be nervous lilac, nothing gets pass these walls.” Chanyeol replied then traced the glass barriers with his long fingers. “So hard but fragile and easy to read.” Chanyeol continued.

Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol was describing the glass barrier but he was wrong----it was him.

Chanyeol gave off a charming smile---his eyes not leaving Baekhyun’s. He wanted to lure baekhyun and open his windows.

“W-Why are you staring?” Baekhyun asked, quite confused. To Chanyeol, he was becoming stupid and weak somehow.

“Well, you just reminded me of a puppy that I once cared for at our country yard. He was astonishing, cute and a bit feisty.” Chanyeol murmured. “And I killed him.” He whispered, not even letting Baekhyun hear it.

“Nice complement.” Baekhyun butted in not even realizing that his move was dangerous. Talking to people like Chanyeol could be a manipulation.

Chanyeol could still remember the little chit-chat that a nurse and he shared.

“You couldn’t escape hell Chanyeol.” He told him. Chanyeol smirked and bit his lower lip. His hands are tied up, preventing him from moving. “Careful,” Chanyeol warned. “You don’t know my secret weapon.”

 

And that weapon was in front of him, only a few inches from him.

“Mesmerizing.” It was Chanyeol’s last word before turning his back on Baekhyun. He was glad and his mission was over. He knew that this day might come and it will come.

Baekhyun lowered his head, realizing his words. And Chanyeol lifted his chin up, gazing at the pure white walls. He couldn’t wait for the moment to see those mixed up colors again someday rather than white---he hates it, purity. He would like to see red, the color of blood. And he knew that within Baekhyun’s eyes, he knew that something was forming---obsession.

And that was Park Chanyeol’s secret weapon.

 

--

This was supposed to be long. XD well….this was Harley’s and Joker’s past…well a few revisions from me of course. ODG AT JARED LETO’S INSTAGRAM YOU COULD CLEARLY SEE THEIR POST “HELLO DOCTOR!”