p r e y

Toxic | Chanbaek

Updated bcos Exams done + watched Suicide Squad again and Heathens is stuck in my head. Enjoy my dark mind ^^ sorry if this isn't that much exciting yet. Lastly, it's up to you to figure out if the chapters are all connected (ofc it is) but sometimes it isn't.

- - - -

P R E Y

"So, how was the session with your patient number six a.k.a Jeon Jungkook?" Asked Dr. Oh as he sipped his bubble tea and flavor came rushing through his tongue. Baekhyun clicked his tongue, ready to answer---but then Dr. Kim butted in,

"You know that he was supposed to be my patient right?" Taehyung even answered his own question, "Yes, he is mine. Jeon Jungabs is mine."

"What the heck." Baekhyun just replied then laughed hysterically. Indeed Taehyung is such a joker. The three of them came laughing after giving each other weird looks---these were Baekhyun's Colleagues or friends. They were having their lunch break after series of hours of working. All of them were Psychiatrists---well except for Dr. Hwang, she was a Psychologist.

"Jeon Jungabs was never yours." Tiffany chimes in, holding a burrito in her hand as she sat down beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun offered her a wide smile and Tiffany immediately knew what he wanted.

"Don't even try to give me another look." She warned as she let Baekhyun devour a part of her Burrito. The Satisfied boy grinned as the sauce messed with his lips. Sehun noticed this and was ready to make a move----but yet again, Taehyung began muttering.

"Yah, is Jungabs really fine?"

"Yah," Baekhyun shots back, wiping the messed up salsa from the corner of his lips. "His name is Jungkook idiot. And yes, he is fine. Dr. Byun's powers is way too powerful to stop him from cutting his wrists."

Taehyung's mouth formed into an O and munched on his Corn dog. Tiffany turned to Baekhyun, "How was your leg by the way?" She was concerned because a few days ago, Baekhyun injured them while practicing some stunts to kill time.

"I can still stretch. My body's flexible enough to handle the pain." Baekhyun timidly answered. Sehun was worried for him---but what can he do, he was such a chicken and he couldn't even admit it to the young lad infront of him.

Baekhyun has been doing gymnastics since he was a kid. His body was stretched to the limit and this labeled him as Rubber B because of his flexibility. He joined contests and with his strength and determination, Baekhyun even had to go to the Nationals---only he declined because of some particular reasons. Baekhyun had a wide interest with Interesting things that he tried everything that made him curious.

He tried eating kimchi, wasabi and soy sauce together, drinking a coke with mentos, visiting Asylums and horror houses, crafting his own knife and even riding one of the World's highest roller coasters. That was how Baekhyun was very much adventurous and dedicated to interesting things.

But now he was more into those mysterious things----the most interesting thing that he experience that he had so far was to go with his mother at the Sangyeul Asylum, where he met and instantly became interested with a certain patient.

His interest was only for work though, or so he thought.

But then he was forbidden to see that boy again----his mother never wanted the expression Baekhyun gave her the day they went there.

"I'm late again, sorry guys." A woman with a gloomy face had set down her bag on the floor and joined the four of them. Dr. Kang was also a Psychologist like Tiffany. Lunch was almost ending and yes, Seulgi was late.

"What's with the face?" Taehyung asked. The others observed her and concluded that she have a very deep problem.

"Spit the out Seulgi." Baekhyun insisted. Her problem may be interesting.

"Dr. Wu is gone, well....he's absent for like 30 days?" Seulgi answered and palmed her face.

"So?"

"The others won't sign up with the job because of his background, they're quite afraid even to think that the beast is all tied up. They're afraid that Number 61 might spoil or manipulate them with shadowy words." Seulgi answered, not even mentioning his name. "It's his 3rd week and no consultations have been made."

Sehun immediately knew who that was so he turned to Baekhyun. Hearing 61, Baekhyun also knew who that was. His eyes sparkled which was clear evidence that he's up to something.

"Don't even think about it Baek." Sehun warned, his fists clenching underneath the table. Baekhyun scoffed,

"What? What's wrong?"

Sehun gave him a bland look and Baekhyun raised his hands in mid air to show his defeat. "Fine fine, like hey, I was absent for 4 days because of my stupid cold after Jungkook's case maybe this is my chance to regain back those unfilled slots?"

Seulgi's ears perked up and her thoughts became messed up. "Are you not busy? I could talk to director-nim now; by the way this is just temporary."

"Nope." Baekhyun answered then crossed his arms. "If no one would really like to run a few tests with Park Chanyeol then..." He breathes out. "I volunteer."

"Are you sure?" Tiffany asked a bit worried. She knew who that person was and maybe sending her friend maybe a bad idea----she just had that instinct.

"No, you're not going." Sehun murmured with a serious look that made Baekhyun's shoulders fall down. "What's with the permission Oh Sehun?" He asked quite impatient.

"You're not going. Let him be, there's no use of curing someone who just really lost it." Sehun replied then finally stood up. Baekhyun understood what Sehun was implying, it was the Lost Stars Case.

This was something Sehun had formulated while examining and learning a crazy billionaire 3 days ago. That when the patient became a Lost star, the patient becomes a Pulsar. Hope was dying and that person might not be cured anymore---even if you bang your head.

"Come on Hun, what could happen? I'm a psychiatrist. This is what I live for; Chanyeol is an opportunity to step things up." Baekhyun also stood up, trying to imply his point to Sehun. Baekhyun knew how brilliant Dr. Kris Wu was but it became an unknown mystery why he was missing thus marking his holes with his patients.

"I'm going Seulgi, I'm going for Park Chanyeol." This was Baekhyun's last decision.

---

Baekhyun breathes deeply as Seulgi escorted him at Sangyeul's Aisles. He was getting dizzy because of nervousness. It has been a while since he stepped at this place. He only visited 2 times and craved for more but he was forbidden and sent to other places due to Dra. Byun's request.

But now Baekhyun was back---not even thinking how lucky he is.

"You wouldn't take an hour long right?" Seulgi asked the nervous boy beside her. Baekhyun gave her a nerve wrecking smile. "N-not much. I'll just ask what he's doing, collect answers, relate it with his past answers, check his health and observe him. Give the notes to you and----"

"Whoa whoa, chill Baek." Seulgi stopped Baekhyun before he could even continue. Baekhyun sighed and placed his icy fingers in his white coat pocket.

"So this is it," Seulgi tells him, stopping infront of a huge oak door. There were 2 guards outside of that room. Baekhyun his lips and stretched out his arms.

"Behold number sixty one." Then she sighed heavily. "You've got 30 minutes." Those were Seulgi's last words before Baekhyun opened the door revealing a boy wearing a white shirt and was sitting at the other end of the table. The room was gloomy and it looked like monsters and demons were living inside it. There was a table with 2 chairs and a lampshade on it. The floor was rough and unpaved.

Baekhyun gulped when he caught sight of the boy. His hands were at his back and he had been wearing that fabric that they're using for insane people---of course, so that they wouldn't fight back.

"Puppy..." Chanyeol whispered when he sensed Baekhyun's aura causing him to grin while lifting his head up---revealing to Baekhyun that captivating yet catastrophic face.

Baekhyun's heart hammered inside his chest. The boy---after all these years was still enigmatic and beyond gorgeous although he looked a bit sulky. Chanyeol studied his puppy's face; oh how much he loved the sweat that ran down through Baekhyun's neck to his sinful collarbones.

Baekhyun grabbed a chair and sat down in front of Chanyeol, strictly 60 inches away from him. His main reason about going back to Sangyeul Asylum almost faded from his head once he saw Park Chanyeol but then he came back to his senses.

Maybe Park's aura had just struck him, digging his inner self.

"O-Okay, Good morning---"

"It's afternoon sweetness." Chanyeol corrected him with a mocking grin. Baekhyun coughed and cleared his throat; he deadpanned his mistake (although it was really just 9 am in the Morning---Chanyeol had tricked him already much to the beast's surprise) and began introducing himself again.

"Good Afternoon, my name is Byun Baekhyun and I will be a temporary replacement for Dr. Wu, for a few minutes."

Chanyeol didn't reply and instead observed Baekhyun's innocent face. Plans began building inside his head----finally the pure boy with a box shaped smile had just returned to him.

"How are you feeling today Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked in a calm manner. Chanyeol's name fits so perfect on his tongue that he could mutter Chanyeol's name over and over again.

"Quite cold."

"And?" Baekhyun asked again as he wrote Chanyeol's response.

"Shivering and excited." Yeol continued. Baekhyun's eyebrows met. "Uh, excited?"

"Yes puppy," Chanyeol quickly responded giving Baekhyun a quite sad face. Baekhyun thoughts were messed because Chanyeol was calling him puppy. "I'm excited because I've got company that I could chit-chat with. That man with a long chin was gone; scratched. Good thing you're here now to ask what I was really feeling."

Baekhyun didn't answer and instead just focused on interpreting Chanyeol's words.

"What was I really feeling Dr. Byun?" Chanyeol had attempted to ask Baekhyun. Baekhyun stopped writing and came eye to eye with Chanyeol. Chanyeol yet again tried to enter Baekhyun's windows but it was still shut so he decided to take it slow---it was for his freedom.

"Do you know how it feels to be alone Dr. Byun?"

Baekhyun stopped and lowered his gaze.

"Do you know how it feels to have devils surrounding you, them muttering your name and them encircling you everyday asking, How are you my dear child?" Chanyeol's tricky question gave Baekhyun the courage to answer. He tapped his ballpen along the side of the table.

"Those devils....do they hurt you?"

"Yes, painful painful painful...." Chanyeol's voice trailed off. "But they saved me puppy."

"Why would they save you?"

"Because puppy, the memories of my father beating me up is still fresh and those demons---they helped wake up. I returned the favor."

Baekhyun was extremely hooked with Chanyeol's answers, black ink spreading through a white pad of paper every second to write down every word with no mistakes or exceptions---the exact words that came out of Chanyeol's lips.

"Is your body regulating well? Nothing hurts? It's been weeks---" Baekhyun diverted the question.

"Well Baekhyun," Chanyeol says that made Baekhyun stop again. He said his name and it was dangerously pleasing to his ears. He wanted Chanyeol to repeat his name over and over again.

"It hurts here, inside the heart." Chaneyol whispered, tried to move. So he leaned closer, "But wait, do I have a heart?" Chanyeol's self question was followed by a weird and hearty laugh that he made.

"Everyone has a heart Chanyeol." Baekhyun gave up a small laugh (amazed by the question even though it menat something else) and returned the favor of calling his name. Chanyeol....it had been months since someone had called him in his name, and it sounded such a nice melody to his ears.

"I think mine's not functioning...." Chanyeol murmurs then gave Baekhyun a sharp look. "Would you mind making it functioning again doctor?"

Baekhyun snapped out and he knew that Chanyeol maybe manipulating him. He knew that he wouldn't get the accurate answers out of this guy but still he tried.

"Dug dug dug dug dug dug..." Chanyeol even had imitated a heart's beat in a whispering tune. "Oh look Baekhyun, my artificial heart is beating!" His voice was raised higher. "Can you hear that?"

"H-Hear what?"

"Careful...." Chanyeol whispered. "Would you like to hear it?" Here comes Chanyeol's puzzling words again. Baekhyun bit his lower lip; he was really intrigued by Chanyeol. His words, his everything and he would like to know more, more more more more...

"I-I..." Baekhyun doesn't know the right answer. He clenched his fists. Chanyeol was still hoping for his answer when suddenly the door flew open, revealing an armed man from outside. "Your time is done Dr. Byun."

Baekhyun sighs, asking himself if being saved by the bell is a relief. Baekhyun stood up and gave Chanyeol a small smile. "I'm going."

Why does time fly so fast?

Baekhyun was quite deprived for more time. He wished he could study Chanyeol more, he wished that he could stay.

The door opened and Baekhyun turned his back away from Chanyeol. He began walking slowly towards the door when he heard Chanyeol speaking,

"See you again real soon, Baekhyun." Chanyeol made his tone quite taunting and husky, leaving a mark in Baekhyun's ears.

The doors closed and Seulgi, who was busy talking to someone, then turned to Baekhyun with a huge smile. "I'm glad you made it far. So, let's examine his words."

"Is he really like that?" Baekhyun asked.

"What was that?" Seulgi asked despite hearing his question. They strolled down the aisle and it felt like Baekhyun's entire soul was left at that room with Chanyeol, it felt so empty.

"No, nothing. I'm glad it's over." Baekhyun mutters, glancing at his notes. Seulgi gave Baekhyun a suspicious look and was about to ask what happened---but her phone rang and it made her stop. She checked the caller's name and thank God it was Dr. Kris Wu.

"I've got a call, see you at the Lab." She excused herself. Baekhyun nodded and continued walking while Seulgi can hear the faint cries and police sirens from the other line.

"Hello is this Dr. Kang Seulgi from Seoul?" A man asked much to Seulgi's surprise. She was expecting a more baritone voice---Kris' voice.

"This is from Seoul National Police and you're the last contact that Dr. Kris Wu had and," Seulgi became nervous of the man's next few words. "I'm sorry for your lost. Dr. Wu had been murdered near Busan and we need you to give some information."

Seulgi's heart broke down and her gaze automatically went to Baekhyun without even knowing why.

---

used "Puppy" instead of "puddin" yaayy LOTTO OMFG 

+ i have enjoyed this so much, writing this fanfic bcos of my shipping feels (although joker is very abusive but since i'm into psychopaths and complex, explicit and complicated romance ^^