Chapter 3

Against The Norm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in front of me, is one of the Hydes. Judging from his outfit, he must be the commander. I do notice him. I met him before, when the war first broke out.

“I know you.” I said that, out of my intention. I had guns in my hand, but I don’t feel like he is one of my enemies at all.

“Why are you here alone? You have your friends, right?” He ignores my question and mocks me. I stay silent, examining his face that is hidden behind the weird helmet he wears.

“I guess I have to finish you faster to catch your friends.” He holds up his weapon and points towards me.

“You can speak our language.” He seems startled and starts to laugh.

“I didn’t expect that question.” He stops and continues, his weapon still points towards me.

“You humans think too far. We were never different from you. Only the Hydes have various forms. That is just, as our protection. Of course, we do have differences, but generally, we’re just the same.”

“How different are you from us?” He chuckles.

“As the time in our planet moves faster, so we move faster than you. We have speed, an extremely well vision, and intelligence. Hydes have way better ability than that but it’s not the right time to talk about that, since you’re going to die now.” He pulls the trigger and is ready to shoot me, but I feel nothing at all.

It’s like, I can feel he is not an enemy.

“You won’t kill me.” I say. My eyes are fixed on him, though I can’t see his eyes at all. He stays silent.

“I want to see your face.” He seems startled with my request.

“Come on. I’m going to die after all. Seeing your face for the first and the last time won’t hurt, right?” I give a smile to him.

“If that’s what you want.” He pulls his weapon and opens his helmet. I am obviously excited to see his face, rather than feel scared.

I groan when he reveals his face; that kind of alien face where I used to watch in movies.

“This is not you.” I say in a cold voice. I can just feel that this is not him. I don’t know why but I always have imagined him to be super good looking.

“How can you be sure this is not me?” He teases me and starts to show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter