Chapter 2

Against The Norm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We can’t stay here anymore, Taehyung! It’s dangerous!” He just stays silent, when the boys confront him and me. Sunny sprained her ankle when she was walking to the toilet. It was dark and she couldn’t see properly and she fell off the stairs.

“You guys can leave then. I’m not gonna leave Sunny alone.” I was about to walk away but Taehyung stops me.

“I’m not leaving you!” His eyes seem to plead me to not argue with him, so I just stay silent, with my eyes on his, and his hand still holding my arm. He then turns to Jaehyun.

“She’s your partner. You should protect her and not leaving her. Such a coward.”

“Don’t get mad on him. Hey Jaehyun.” He looks into my eyes. I can see he was scared and feels guilty. He probably wanted to protect her too, but scared of the word ‘death’.

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you. Trust me, okay?”

“Th-thank you, Jihyo.”

People might think it’s weird, to see a woman consoling a man, telling him that she will protect him no matter what. But it’s a different case for me. These people see me as a hero, and I have to act like one.

#

9.43p.m

Everyone gather in a circle, as we discuss and brainstorm any ways and ideas to get to Pyeongchang. It was a normal cold yet warm night. Everyone is sitting with their partner. Well, except for me. He is sitting in the circle and I am sitting on the chair, not too far from them, still checking our necessities. Sunny and Jaehyun get close quickly after their little fight earlier. They all look so happy and I can see the slight romance in their eyes. They probably like the fact that everyone has their own partner to be with.

And there Taehyung is, sitting all alone in the circle. When everyone is holding hands with each other, he just sits there silently,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter