Apology (Part 5)

The Album (iKON x Black Pink fanfiction)

It was the week before Christmas so they were all on a Holiday break. It was the season of thick sweaters, jackets, and winter clothes. Lisa and Chanwoo are both working hard at the Café shop because they get paid double for the week of Christmas. Bobby, Jennie, Yunhyeong, and Jinhwan were planning Bobby's birthday celebration at Bobby's place. June was just spending his Holiday at his house playing video games. June originally wanted to go to Donghyuk's, but Rose invited Donghyuk and Jisoo to go with her on an art exhibit.

Donghyuk gladly went with Rose and Jisoo. He brought his portable ventilator that Yunhyeong's parents provided him. He definitely enjoyed taking a lot of pictures at the exhibit. Rose and Donghyuk shared their opinions in every installation, painting, and carvings, while Jisoo was just amazed by everything even if she doesn't really understand some of them. After a while, Donghyuk took a seat to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?" Rose asked.

Jisoo got really worried too and asked, "Does your chest hurts?"

"No. I'm just tired. That's all." Donghyuk said.

Rose and Jisoo helped him walk and carry the portable ventilator for him. Rose drove fast so Donghyuk could rest in his bed already. When they reached his house, he thanked Rose and Jisoo for taking him to the exhibit.

"I really had fun! I'm sorry that I got tired quickly."

Rose and Jisoo said that they didn't mind and advised him to rest well. Donghyuk's mother helped him get to his bed and thanked Rose and Jisoo too.

✿ ✿ ✿

December 20 came and it was Bobby's birthday tomorrow. Donghyuk was worried because he thinks he couldn't come to the celebration. He wasn't feeling well and his chest felt burning that morning. Donghyuk was lying on his bed. He called for his mom.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Omma, is it snowing outside?"

"Yes."

"Could you help me go outside and see?"

His mother hesitated because it was really cold and it was the first snow for that week, but she couldn't refuse her son's request. She helped him wear his jacket and thick beanie. He couldn't stand well by himself because his knees were weak. When he got outside with the help of his mother, he couldn't see clearly because of the fog. he let go of his mother's hands and told her that he'd be fine. He raised his hands and caught snow with them. He was really happy that he could live to see the first snowfall.

He suddenly felt a snowball attack on his back. He turned around and it was June who threw the snowball.

"Are you being sentimental, pabo?" June said with a smirk.

Behind June, Donghyuk saw everyone. Jinhwan and Rose brought their puppy with them. Hanbin was there too because he wanted to celebrate Christmas in Korea and he also heard about Donghyuk's condition.

"⊙▂⊙ Hanbinnie hyung???"

Hanbin hugged Donghyuk and said, "Let's go inside! I have something for you."

They all went inside. Bobby ordered pizza for all of them. There was more than enough pizza for everyone. Hanbin got something from his bag and it made Donghyuk really excited that he had to catch his breath. It was a bunch of polaroid films with different designs that he got from America.

"Thank you so much hyung!" Donghyuk said.

"(ಥ﹏ಥ) Yaa! What about the shoes I requested? It's my birthday tomorrow!!!" Bobby pouted. Everyone laughed because it's very unnatural for them to see Bobby pouting and being childish.

After hours, Jennie put out a bottle of wine and everyone was shocked because she always brings tequila only.

"Wine? Who are you and what did you do to Kim Jennie?" Jinhwan said with big eyes.

"ಠ_ಠ It's Donghyuk's favourite. Pabo!"

They all had a good laugh and enjoyed the wine together. The happiness Donghyuk felt made him feel really warm. He still could not believe that they were all in his living room and drinking wine. Lisa and Jisoo were both by his side all the time.

✿ ✿ ✿

When it was exactly 12 midnight, Jennie got the surprise cake for Bobby and they all sang for him.

"Make a wish, Kimbab!" Jennie said.

Bobby closed his eyes and wished for all of them to be together and complete like this every year for Christmas. He blew the candles and they all clapped together. They were all surprised when Bobby was the one who led them into a group hug.

"You're not the Bobby that I know!" Hanbin teased.

"I know I know. I got the Yoyo virus." Bobby said. It made everyone laugh.

 After a few more minutes, everyone was tired. They slept together at the living room like they were camping.

Donghyuk was the last one to sleep because he had to take pictures of them sleeping. He thought it might be a great tool for blackmail when he needs it. It really made him happy seeing them sleep peacefully. Although his lungs may have been restricting him to have fun that day, he could feel how happy and contented his heart was.