Wait for Me (Part 2)

The Album (iKON x Black Pink fanfiction)

Chanwoo arrived home from the university at 5pm. He went to the kitchen to get something to eat. He was surprised to see Jennie cooking. Seeing her cook is definitely a delightful view for him.

"What are you cooking?" He asked while he looked at her with his big eyes.

"It's your brother's favourite. You know what, It's funny because you and your brother looks so different especially your eyes."

"Yes. Hyung looks like Aunt Lara (Bobby's mom) and I look exactly like my mom. I think we don't have the same personalities too."

Jennie chuckled and said, "Well, you got that right. He's the serious and silent type when it comes to me and you, but loud and crazy with his friends. Sometimes, I even wonder how I managed to be with him for a very long time."

"I want to ask you that too."

Jennie lowered the heat of the stove and covered the pot. She smiled at Chanwoo and answered, "Well, for starters, your brother is really cute."

Chanwoo laughed awkwardly because he never thought of his brother as cute since he's always cold to him.

"After being with him for years, I've seen the good and the bad side of your brother. I decided to love with him for the good ones and love him more for the bad ones."

The conversation ended eventually and Chanwoo just helped in preparing the dish. Time passed and it was getting late. Jennie and Chanwoo decided to eat without Bobby. After dinner, Chanwoo cleaned the dishes and went upstairs to his bedroom. Meanwhile, Jennie watched TV while waiting for Bobby. It was 10pm already when Bobby arrived home.

"Why are you so late?" Jennie asked.

"After school, I went directly to the hospital and fixed some papers."

His dad has been in the hospital for many months now and the doctors predict that it wouldn't be long since his body is not responding to the treatments. It left Bobby facing a lot of pressure since he had to take care of his dad's business while he was still a student.

"You should go and eat. Chanwoo helped me in preparing it."

"I'm not hungry." Bobby just took a glass of water.

"Yaa! You're gonna get sick if you continue being like this. Also, don't you think you're being unfair to your brother? You're always mad at him for no reason. He needs his brother's guidance."

Bobby snapped at what Jennie just said, "You know what's unfair? It's unfair that I even have a half-brother. Do you know what it's like living with a half-brother? I lived my years without my parents' guidance because they are too busy with him. I'm sure he could live without my guidance."

"I didn't know that you feel this way, but don't you think it's a bit petty to blame it on him? It wasn't his fault – "

Bobby broke the glass on his hands. His hands were bleeding from it.

"Do you know what my mom said to me at the hospital before she died?" Jennie was stunned because it was the first time that he ever saw Bobby this mad and tearing up. 

"Nothing! She just asked me to call Chanwoo. Also, have I told you? I've been working my off to save my dad's business because my dad is worried how Chanwoo would finish his studies when he's gone. Up to the very end, it was always him. Call me petty all you want, but I don't think he deserves anything from me."

Jennie didn't know what to say so she hugged him tightly. Bobby wiped his tears, loosens the hug and walked to his room. When he was upstairs, he saw Chanwoo standing near. Chanwoo was really hurt from everything he heard. He was holding his tears back as he remembers how good Bobby was to him before Bobby's mom passed away. He remembers Bobby patting his head whenever he cries when they were kids. He remembers Bobby sharing his favorite toys to him. Now, he understood why everything changed.

Bobby did not look at Chanwoo and just passed through him like he was not there.

Chanwoo took a deep breath and said to himself, "I'm gonna get my hyung back."