Eleven

#07 | Taeny

PART 11

“…”

I didn’t know what to utter since I literally felt my tongue swell into a big lump of unmoving muscle inside my mouth. What was the meaning of this? Just what is this?

My mouth hung open in a comical manner and I couldn’t inhale and exhale properly.

My head spun with various thoughts darting around, giving me eccentric and irrational assumptions. That was me. That girl in the painting was me alright.

Although I don’t look at myself all day in the mirror, but hell I know what I, myself look like. I couldn’t really comprehend what type of things flashed through my mind or what I was feeling as my eyes took in the girl’s face. The feeling was almost dreadful and it was probably I was just too shocked.

A sense of déjà vu seeped into me as memories pushed into my head. I remember. I remember myself in the picture. It was the day Taeyeon had come into the class and sat alone with me. The familiar white hoodie in the painting just confirms everything. How the hell did she do this? The rusty gears in my brain began to churn and it all came to me.

“Her random doodling…was it actually me?” I could barely say it out into the opening. I was absolutely clueless of what to do or how to react. It was unreal but with this piece of art in front of me right here, it was true. Why did she paint me?

I glazed my eyes over it again and applauded at how she gave me life, her choice of colors and her style of applying paint was just so surreal. Remember when I said I look like a mutated avocado that day? She made me almost angelic here.

I turned my head around and tried to find Taeyeon among the crowd but only see others staring at me, then back to the painting. My fingers gripped tightly around my purse and my heart clenched nervously. What is the true meaning of this? Could she actually like me to? But that’s crazy.

As more thoughts invaded, the pace of my heart also increased.

“Where are you Taeyeon?” My teeth chewed on my bottom lip in apprehension and I gave another gaze at myself. Holy …there’s no way this is happening. The staff said Taeyeon always left the place late the other day. Could this be the reason?

I walked into her office a few days ago and she seemed unusually flustered. Could this be the reason? Did I walk in on her painting? But if so, what’s the reason of her doing this?

“Taeyeon…” I muttered as my vision got strayed in the numerous people. My legs started moving and I started walking. I couldn’t think clearly because all I could think of was the fact that Taeyeon had painted me. People chattered endlessly around me but it all faded into a dull background. It was then that a hand grabbed my wrist and my visions cleared as I swirled around to get lost in hazel brown orbs.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

My heart thumped against my eardrums as I pierced into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“I was finding you.” She said but it fell on deaf ears. I kept my eyes on her face, her faint smile and her gleaming beautiful eyes. Why can’t I ever read her? Why can’t I ever understand her?

I longed to question her right there and then but I couldn’t form any coherent words. Dissected words and phrases floated around my head but I couldn’t put them together to form sentences. My mouth remained shut and I followed her when she pulled my wrist across the place.

“Have you seen the whole place yet?” Her tone was so calm and I wonder does she not know she has a big painting of me inside here? Does she not know I’ve seen it?

“…” I opened my mouth but nothing came out so I closed it again and just simply nod. I need to dial 911 because I was certain I would have a soon.

“Are you okay? You’re sweating.” Her huge eyes stared at me worriedly and I return the stare. This woman is nuts. She’s making me nuts.

“I…”

“Sit down and I’ll go find something for you to drink. Does that sound great?” She gestured me to sit on a chair and walked off. I gulped and wiped the sweat off my temple. I need to collect my thoughts and learn how to speak properly.

“Here.” She came back with two glasses of orange juice and I accepted it reluctantly. The glass remained in my hands as I gazed up and inspected her sipping it. I sincerely wish I was that glass. What was I thinking again?

“I will have to go up on stage and make a brief speech later so will you be ok on your own?” My heart squeezed at her caring words.

I nodded again and her lips curved up.

“Taeyeon…I…”

She turned her head to me and raised her eyebrows. How the can I voice this out? Holy . my life.

“I…uh…” I stopped when another person came to us and whispered something inside her ear. She politely said yes and paid all her attention back to me.

“It’s alright. I t-think you should go up there.” I wrenched my fingers and broke the gaze between us.

“Ok tell me later.” She disappeared and reappeared on a tiny stage with a microphone. The whole hall went silent at the sight of her and I sat among the others to try my best to pay attention to her words of appreciation to everybody. Her voice and words were firm and full of power and seriousness. I could see how every eye was glued to her and who wouldn’t fall for such woman?

The speech was quick and simple but full of meaning. The guests clapped and so did I. Then she walked to me. Her eyes twinkled from afar and my mind reeled faster and faster every second.

“Tiffany, just say it out.” I whispered to myself and when she came to a halt in front of me with the same hypnotizing smile, I finally spoke.

“Taeyeon.” I became braver than usual and dared myself to look her in the eyes.

“I…I saw a painting…” I trailed off and searched her eyes for any recognition. I really hope she would get what I’m saying so I don’t have to finish saying the whole sentence. It was nerve-wrecking as hell.

But no, I guess she didn’t get what I was trying to convey. Her face remained clueless but I caught something flicker in her eyes. It held a mysterious glint that I failed to comprehend.

“You saw a painting and?” She asked innocently and I stayed silent.

She watched my face for another few seconds and I was dying to know what was going through that head of hers.

“….” She then stepped forward and wrapped her warm fingers around my hand. My heart skipped a beat at how our fingers intertwined and I couldn’t make myself look away from her excited eyes.

“Come with me.” She once again pulled me across the throngs of people and I struggled to keep up with her pace. We exited the building and I found myself at the parking lot again. She let go of my hand, to my distaste and stood in front of me.

“I…the painting-“ My eyes stretched huge when she placed a finger on my lips.

“I know what you’re going to say.” She removed her finger and cocked her head to the side, her lips always curved up.

I remained wordless and she suddenly wrapped her arms around me.

.

.

“Tiffany.” She whispered into my ear and pressed my body closer to hers. I couldn’t feel my heart.

“Remember when I said I wasn’t into younger people?” Her lips were dangerously close to my left ear and chills went down my spine. I managed to give a stiff nod. This is not happening. Her scent was getting onto me and flooding my brain.

“I think, maybe I do.” She mumbled and my insides burst into flames. What was I supposed to say? I couldn’t even fee my body or think.

My brain was screaming ERROR. This was insanely too much for me to handle. Bless my poor heart.

I gargled like a fish because I failed to search for the right words. Taeyeon pulled back but kept her hands on my shoulders. The moment she parted, I already missed the warmth.

Our eyes connected and I swear I must’ve been as white as paper.

“Tiffany, will you be my girlfriend?” She asked coolly and I nodded a little too quickly. Gosh was I frantiA grin bloomed onto her beautiful face and her warm hands moved to cup my cold cheeks.

“…may I kiss you?”

My heart expanded and exploded into a thousand crumbs at that question and my breathing became fast and irregular.

The fact that she asked for permission just made melt and solidify and melt again.

I could only dumbly nod again and held my breath as Taeyeon leaned forward and placed a light peck on my right cheek. This girl was oozing with respect.

It really touched me how she didn’t go for my lips although I would’ve been alright with that.

“Let’s go back in and finish the party.” She said and wrapped her hands around mine.

This isn’t a dream is it?

 

-

 

Thank you for reading. I kind of rushed this but I will reread it and edit it later. I was just too excited to show this to you guys. x