Two

#07 | Taeny

PART 2

I never expected Taehyung’s house to be a mansion. When I followed the address he gave me, I knew his family live in the rich part of town. But his house was just humongous. I stopped my car in front of the gates and dialed his number. After a few minutes he came down with a simple hoodie and shorts up to his knees. He opened the gates and told me to drive in.

“Hi.” He greeted and his face showed a huge grin. I smiled and followed him into his house.

“Just sit here I’ll go get the materials. You want anything to drink?” He questioned as he gestured for me to sit on a sofa.

“No thank you.” He nodded and rushed up the stairs two steps at a time. I looked around the house and wondered whether he lives here alone or what? Everything was just like any other typical extravagant houses you see in movies or magazines. However, no souls could be detected. Where’s everyone? It’s impossible to not have maids or butlers.

I quit inspecting and just focused on my phone instead. My chat group was blowing my phone with continuous messages discussing about this new game called Pokémon Go? I must be the only one not playing it. Oh and probably Jessica too since she’s currently diagnosed with this thing called moving-intolerant. She’s at stage 4, the latest stage where everything is too late to be helped.

I typed a message to everyone asking whether they’ve done this essay that was due tomorrow yet. Then I heard a noise on the stairs and I lifted my head up to only freeze like an ice cube. Someone else other than Taehyung came down the steps. It was a woman, her short blonde hair masking her face as she was looking down into her phone. I couldn’t see her face but something inside me was dreadfully telling that it’s her. That blonde hair was just so identical to what I saw yesterday. Could it really be?

I stayed still like a rock as my eyes witnessed her coming down the last step. The thing between my lungs pounded furiously as she finally looked up and our eyes met. Her face was just as I remembered from yesterday. It was her alright. This time, I was able to see her whole face, since she wasn’t wearing anything. But goddammit was she beautiful.

Her expression seemed surprised as she saw me sitting on the sofa like an intimidated chicken. I saw how she recovered extremely quickly before giving me a small smile and a nod. I slowly nodded back to her but my facial muscles won’t move.

Why is she here? Does she live here? Who is she? My mind was straining to explode; my body was suffering from serious shyness. Her beauty was radiating to me so bad.

She then dialed someone on the phone and exited the door, her black heels clicking on the marbled floor. My mind screamed no but nothing came out of my mouth. The door slammed shut and echoed through the whole place. Why didn’t she say anything? What could she possible sound like?

My heart was still ramming in my chest and it calmed down when Taehyung appeared. What just happened?

“I’m so sorry I took so long. I was finding my notes.” He apologized and I mumbled that it was fine. It was perfectly fine. We worked on the presentation for 2 hours and I was itching to ask him about who I met earlier so bad. How could she not introduce herself? Well I didn’t introduce myself to her either. But why should she introduce herself? Gosh. All she did was smile and nod but it was so alluring.

It was when we were packing up when I finally decided to bring it up.

“Hey so when you went up to take your stuff,” I paused as I shut down my laptop and tucked it into my bag. Taehyung stopped what he was doing and gazed up at me, his eyebrows cocked up.

“Yea?”

“I saw someone walking down the stairs.” I stated and I think he knew what I was trying to point out because he made an oh sound.

“You must’ve met my sister.” He said nonchalantly and I was immensely shocked. I was expecting that but nonetheless I was still surprised although I’m absolutely relieved. They’re not lovers. But sister, really? They look nothing like each other.

“Sister?” I never knew he had a sister. Well it’s true we’re not close but I’ve known him since a few years back just never had the time to actually talk and ‘really’ know each other.

“Yup.” He nodded and organized the pieces of small cardboard houses carefully.

I waited for him to maybe elaborate more about his sister but it looked like he wasn’t planning on doing that. He was already focusing on doing something else. I waited for a few minutes until I popped another question.

“Is she our age?” He stared at me and it seemed like he was thinking before he realized who I was talking about.

“No. No way.” His laugh resonated across the whole place. “She’s almost turning 30.” He chuckled and I knew he was just being mean to his sister.

“Seriously?” He must be joking.

“Yea. Three more years ‘til she’s 30. Pretty old huh?” Another set of laughing came from him and I realized he loved teasing his sister. So she was…27. Seven years difference between me and her. But damn she looked nothing like she was 27.

“She looks very young though.” I voiced out my thoughts and he just nodded.

“Yeah. Every of my friends say that. Did you guys talk?” Upon that question, my head flicked to what happened earlier and I sense my heart accelerating again.

“No…she just smiled and nod. That was it. It seemed like she was in a hurry?”   

“Ah she must’ve gone to check on her art’s school.” He zipped his pencil case and plopped next to me. I stayed mum waiting for him to continue and he did.

“She’s an artist. She owns this art school at the other side of town. She spends all her free time in her art studio you see, she has no life.” After adding that last part, he broke out into a set of laughter and I just stared at him. I didn’t find that funny. I found it weirdly attractive.

“I’m joking. She’s a hardworking person and basically a very important person to me. My parents didn’t approve me choosing architecture as a major. They wanted me to study business but she was the only one that supported me and persuaded my parents to allow me to do what I want.” A small smile bloomed on his face as he said it.

“Ok so how did this get so cheesy?” My lips quirked up into a smirk and he just rolled his eyes. “But anyways I think I saw her yesterday too? At the school’s ground.”

His eyes flickered as he shrugged. “She never came to my school. I was surprised I saw her yesterday too. She just appeared out of the blue and took me for a movie. She must’ve been in a pleasant mood.”

All I could think after hearing that was their bond was strong and she was a well, a very nice sister.

I later on bid him good bye and as I walked out, my eyes noticed a row of expensive cars parked neatly side by side but there was an empty slot between two rovers. I guess it was her car. I stepped into my own mini-copper and waved at Taehyung who was by the gate. I’ve been contemplating like hell of whether I should ask him about her name but at the end I couldn’t find a good reason to ask. It would be insanely eccentric for me to question so much about her.

 

-

 

I clicked on Taehyung’s Facebook profile and scrolled through his wall. I must be insane to go this far into finding out her name. Do I even have a chance? I don’t know and I don’t really care to be honest. The important thing right now is her name. She must be a Kim for sure since she’s Taehyung’s sister.

“I don’t see her.” I scanned through his statuses and numerous tags to see no trace of her.

“Ah choo!” I turned my head away from my laptop and sneezed. Don’t tell me I’m going to get sick. I can’t be absent tomorrow due to this homework worth 50% of my grade.

*ding*

My phone’s screen lit up and I saw Jessica’s message.

Tiff what’s our homework for tomorrow?

I rolled my eyes and huffed before ignoring her text. She should pay attention to the teacher and not depend on me every single ing time. She can wait for now. I got back to stalking when a few more dings popped continuously from my phone.

“Not again!” I grabbed my phone and muted it. Jessica was spamming again and I’m not giving in this time. I sighed when there was finally silence in my room.

I got back to work when my mom yelled through the household.

“COME DOWN FOR DINNER HONEY!”

“OKAY MOM!” I shouted in reply but it seemed like she didn’t hear me.

“HONEY?!” She called out again and I wanted to cry. Can everyone stop interrupting me?

“I KNOW!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and waited for her to reply. After a few seconds she yelled again.

“HWANG TIFFANY!”

 I heaved a sigh and walked to open the door of my room before poking my head from the stairs to see her holding a spatula, looking my way.

“I know mom. I heard you. I’ll go down in a minute ok? Love you!” I paddled back into my room and dropped onto my bed. I clicked on his photos and went passed his pictures before stopping at one of the pictures containing around 8 people. It was some kind of a reunion photo perhaps because there she was standing at the end of the row, giving a tiny smile. Exactly like the one she gave me back at her house.

I checked if Taehyung tagged the people in the image but I guess he was the type to tag everyone at the same spot, making it impossible to see each of the individual’s name. I tapped on the comment section and scanned for her name but she didn’t comment. They were all Taehyung’s guy friends making fun of his haircut. That picture had 367 likes and I shut my eyes before taking a deep breath.

“The things I do for love.” I went through the names of the likers and it took a very long time until I successfully went down the list to not see her name again. It could be possible that she doesn’t use Facebook. My eyes were tired and when I gave up and got out of Taehyung’s profile, she was right there, floating in the people you may know, right in front of my face. I literally yelled before going into it. Her profile picture was her. It was definitely her. She was smiling into the camera with an adorable child, holding a beautiful painting. It must be one of her students. I saved the picture and sought for more but that was all I could see. Her account was hella private although at least I now knew her name. I was right. Her family name was Kim just like Taehyung. It’s just that hers was Kim Taeyeon.

“TIFFANY!”

I shut down my laptop and went for the door.

“I’m going down now mama.”

 

-

 

“So do you have a picture of this girl you’re talking about?” Jessica folded her arms and leaned on the sink. She raised her eyebrow and does not seem a little interested at all.

“Can you act a little into it?” I asked and took out my phone to show her the photo I saved from last night. Jessica will definitely swoon over her. 

I passed her the phone and the moment she saw Taeyeon, her eyes widened as she swiped to see more photos.

“I only have one.” I mournfully answered her quizzical look. She held onto the phone and resumed to stare.

“She’s so good-looking Tiff what the hell.” I smirked before snatching my phone back.

“Told you. By the way, I saw her yesterday. I went over to Taehyung’s place and guess what? She’s his older sister.” I announced proudly and Jessica just laughed. She took out a cigarette and put it between her teeth.

I gave her the look and she decided to be nice and not light it.

“How old is she though?”

“27.” I replied as fast as lightning. I went on about what happened and what she was wearing yesterday, her dark red lipstick, her black outfit, her heels, her hair, her shades tucked on her head.

“Woah Tiff slow down. You said you found her Facebook account? Add her.” Jessica said like it was easy as peeling a banana.

“I can’t!” My voice came out higher than I expected.

“I can’t just add her! It’s insane. We haven’t even exchanged words or anything.” We both turned to the bathroom door opening and saw a few girls coming in. Jessica shrugged and just pulled me out of the bathroom.

“Let’s go. Class is starting anyways.” She mumbled and spit the unlit cigarette into a bin nearby.

 

-

 

 

“You were saying something about going over to Taehyung’s place again?” A voice disturbed me from my trance of listening to the professor’s speech. I blinked and looked at Jessica who was having her head on her table.

“What?” I asked since I wasn’t playing attention to her. We were sitting at the back of the room and it was fairly hard to catch the words of the professor’s. He’s speaking way too low and I think I should really ask everyone to pay a part in order to buy him a mic. Maybe I’ll discuss that later with everyone.

“I said you’re gonna go to Taehyung’s place again?” Her muffled noise came and it took me awhile to guess what she was trying to ask.

“Yes.” I whispered in a low voice. “We weren’t completely finished with the model of our house. Still got some more stuff to perfect.”

“Really? Are you going for the project or for Taeyeon?”

“And her too.” I scribbled a few points on my paper and highlighted some stuff on the printed out paper.

“But seriously.” I dropped my highlighter down and placed both hands on my cheeks.

“I’m not even sure if I’ll meet her. I mean I’m only going for a little to finish off everything and practice our speech again before we present it to the class.”

“When will you go then?” Jessica asked and I squint my eyes lightly at her. I don’t understand how she’s acting quite curious about this matter. I answered her anyways.

“Probably Wednesday because the project is due on Thursday.” I explained and she just nodded before writing down her own notes.

I went back to look at my own book and I tried to write but to only stop and stare at the blank sheet of paper. All I could think about was Taeyeon. Why am I so attracted to her features?

 

-

`

I looked at my face for the last time in my phone and reapplied my lipstick. I was in front of Taehyung’s house again and the time was just around five in the afternoon. My schedule for today ended at 2 and I’ve been spending the remaining 3 hours thinking about various scenarios of me bumping into Taehyung’s older sister.

I replied a friend’s text before calling Taehyung. He came out and told me to go in and park near a white Cadillac. My eyes went for the familiar black BMW but I couldn’t find it. There was the same blank space between two black rovers so I guess she wasn’t home. My heart slightly felt disappointed as I followed Taehyung into his house and started to work immediately.

“You think I should change this part?” He asked and made a face like he was disgusted with what he wrote. I moved over and looked at his computer’s screen.

“Where?”

He pointed at the penultimate line and I spend a second to read it. I shrugged as I maneuvered back to my own space.

“I think its fine.” He didn’t respond and just continued to practice saying out his speech. I was working on the house model, adding little touches to its features to make it look realistic. Just then Taehyung got up and dusted his pants.

“I’ll go get some water. You want anything?”

“Water is fine. Thank you.” I answered without glancing up from what I was doing. When he went off to the kitchen, I finally looked up and stared at the entrance door. It feels extremely weird to have such a big house to the only two of us.

“Here.” A cup of cold water was placed it front of my face and I glanced at him who was smiling at me.

“Well that was fast.” I commented and he just winked at me.

After roughly 30 minutes perhaps, I finished everything and looked over to Taehyung to see he was done too.

“Well um I should probably get going now.” I started to stuff everything into my bag and got up. “I’ll just work on my speech at home and would you mind just giving this house another look over?”

“Absolutely not.  Just leave it up to me.”

“That’s great but before I go can I use the bathroom real quick?” I silently asked and he nodded gesturing his hand towards the kitchen.

“There’s one in the kitchen just go and turn left.”

I scurried to the kitchen and walked past the fridge to only stop and notice a few photos stuck on the cold black metallic surface. There was some with Taehyung and probably his parents but all I was looking at was Taeyeon. There was a photo where she was probably in her early teens maybe. I spent a few more seconds before entering the bathroom.

When I opened the door to get out, I was met by my biggest surprise ever. I was so taken aback that I lost my balance and slipped backwards.

“Watch out!” The woman in front of me reached out and caught my right arm, pulling me back to my feet. Holy cow what’s happening! WHY IS SHE STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BATHROOM!? SHE TOUCHED ME.

I blinked twice, looking at the woman standing in front of the bathroom door. My heart accelerated and beat loud into my eardrums. I stared at the blonde haired goddess and she stared back.

“Be careful the bathroom can be slippery.” She was so close that I could smell her perfume. Her voice though. It’s so beautiful.

What should I say? I could barely move. My mouth and brain wasn’t functioning. I thought she wasn’t home and why was she here? I saw the car keys dangling from her fingers and thought maybe she just came back from somewhere.

“Thank you.” I said and my voice was so ing high. She nodded and the corners of her lips lifted up. She was so close to me I could see the clear color of her eyes. They were brown although a little lighter than me. And her hair, the last time I remembered, they were blonde. But now that I’m only an arm length from her, I noticed they were actually a blue-ish grey. Did she dye her hair over the span of 2 days? I swear it was blonde.

“It’s alright. You must be my little brother’s girlfriend.” She pointed out and I almost died at her reference. Where did she hear that?

“What? No. We’re just friends.” I quickly said and my heart was beating faster and faster. I can’t believe she just said that.

“Oh is that so? I’m sorry my bad. It’s just he never really brought a girl over before. So I thought…” She gave a small chuckle and it was so beautiful. “You’ve been here twice right? I remember seeing you over a few days ago too. Was it you?”

I slowly nodded answering her question although inside I was kind of happy she remembered seeing me and kind of dreadful she wasn’t even sure if it was me. Maybe I didn’t even catch her attention that much.

I hate myself for not being able to say as much stuff as her. Can she sense my nervousness? I sincerely hope not. But my shyness was oozing off of me like sweat. I’m actually talking to her. I then realized I was still standing in the bathroom. I stepped out and couldn’t help taking in her scent. Yes, I just sniffed her. Not even ashamed of it.

“Thank you for helping me earlier…” I trailed off and she must’ve known what I was indicating because she finished off the sentence.

“Taeyeon. I’m Taeyhung’s older sister, if you haven’t known yet.” She finally introduced and I almost died again.

“I’m Tiffany.” I felt like a jerk introducing myself out of the blue like that but I hope she remembers my name. She nodded and took a step into the bathroom.

“Nice talking to you Tiffany.” She smelled so ing good it was making my mind go delulu but I stood my ground and gave her a timid smile. She closed the door but opened and poked her head out.

“Be careful I think Taehyung spilled some water over there.” She pointed at a place near the fridge.

My ears turned red and I mumbled out an ok. Why was our first real meeting had to be me slipping on slippery bathroom tiles? My heart was still soaring and I stood in the same place for quite a long time and when I heard the toilet flush, I came back to my senses and ran out of the kitchen nearly slipping on that puddle of water.

 

-


I made it longer like you guys wanted. =) Thank you for reading. x

 Don't forget to upvote :)