One

#07 | Taeny

PART 1

Everything is grey in here. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to survive these torturous lectures and these colorless walls with simply boring decorations.

“Stop it.” She laughed and I stared at her. She kicked me again and let out another giggle. I couldn’t figure out how she can seek the satisfaction of kicking me under the table.

“Jessica, cut it out.” I hissed and tried to focus on the professor’s words.

“Remember this. It will be on the exam.” His voice echoed through the large airy room and I struggled to jot down the things he rapped. My leg was starting to hurt from Jessica squeezing them with her own legs.

“I’m not letting you borrow my notes.” I said simply and she just rolled her eyes knowing very well she’ll get them anyways.

“Can you stop annoying me for once?” I sighed and tried lamely to remove my legs from her grasp but ended up in vain.

“No.”

“Why do you have so much energy today?” She was usually asleep during this particular lecture but today she’s not, unfortunately.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged and finally released me to pack her untouched note books. Her hand reached for my notes and I was quick to snatch it and take it far from her range.

“Aw come on Tiff. You were serious?” She whined and reached for the papers which I swiftly hid behind my back. Everyone was starting to rush out but my eyes caught someone at the door. I forgot that I promised to meet him at the end of class.

“Aha!” The papers were suddenly ripped from my hands and I glared at Jessica.

“Busy looking at Taehyung huh?” The crunched up notes were stuffed violently into her bag and she threw her bag on her shoulder to only shriek when a box of her cigarettes dropped down onto the floor. Sighing, I got down and picked it up before the professor sees it. Smoking was against the rules but this lady here isn’t a good kid.

“I’m not giving this back to you.” I calmly tuck the box into my jeans pocket, avoiding her scowl of dissatisfaction. She should really stop smoking.

“Fine let’s just say we’re even then.” She started to walk off and my eyebrows knitted.

“What?”

“Don’t expect to get your notes back.” She stated in a voice that seemed to say ‘take that ’.

The only thing I could do was grunt. Why was I friends with a dickhead like her again? I ordered my things into my bag and then approached the guy that was still standing at the entrance.

“Hi.” He greeted me with a smile that reached his eyes and I gave a small smile back. Why did he need to talk to me?

“Hi Taehyung.” All I wanted was to go home since this was already the last period for today.  I hope he makes it quick.

“I wanted to talk to you about the project due next week?” His lips lifted up into a gorgeous smile while my mind was reeling thinking what in the world he’s talking about.

“Project?” I slowly drawled out showing my uncertainness. I lifted my left eyebrow in confusion. I didn’t remember pairing up with anyone for anything.

“For Mrs. Lee’s class? Don’t you remember?”

“Ah yes of course I remember.” No, I actually don’t.

He flashed a relieved smile and repositioned the strap of his bag before scratching his temples.

“Well I was thinking if you wanted to come over tomorrow?” That took me literally off guard and I fought hard to stop my surprised reaction.

“I’m sorry…what?” I asked and hoped it didn’t sound horribly rude. Well this was sudden. We barely knew each other.

“Tomorrow’s Sunday. We don’t have school and plus I mean if you’re not comfortable with my house we can meet somewhere else.” He reasoned and I took a minute to think.

“Can I tell you tonight instead?” I hesitantly replied and fished out a piece of paper and a pen for him to write down his phone number on it. I passed it to him and returned his big smile with a little lift of my lips. He finished writing and gave it back to me. His writing was very nice.

“Thank you.”

“I need to get going now.” I looked at the time and realized my favorite TV show will start in half an hour.

“Me too.” We ended up awkwardly walking to the front of the school side by side. I got down the front steps flawlessly and stopped when my phone started to ring. I fished it out of my jeans and placed it on my ear.

“Hi mom.” I said into the phone as I watch Taehyung come to a stop too. He was staring at something and I didn’t know why I decided to follow his gaze to see a black BMW. The dark tinted window rolled down and I couldn’t make myself look away from the person sitting in the driver’s seat.

“What is she doing here? I got to go now Tiffany bye!” Taehyung rushed off and I witnessed him entering the black car, the window rolling back up, making that woman disappear from my sight. I never looked away as my eyes were glued to the vehicle even after it sped away into the distance.

“Darling are you listening to me?!” I forgot I was on call with my mom for a sec.

“Yes mom? What were you saying? I’m sorry I was distracted by…someone.” Someone majestically good looking and unbelievably attractive.

 

-

 

The first thing I did when I got home was lie on my bed and think. I couldn’t get the woman I saw earlier out of my head I usually don’t react so much to good looking people. There are a lot of pretty people but there’s always some that totally catches your attention for some phenomenal reason. I closed my eyes and reminisce the only memory I have of her.

Her bright blonde shoulder length hair was what made her stand out and I fail to comprehend why I think she’s insanely attractive when her eyes were hidden under her dark shades. I rolled onto my side and smiled at the picture of her in my head.

“I’m really going crazy.” I’m biual, I won’t be ashamed of telling you this but I’ve never been in a relationship with a girl. I’ve had crushes and that was it. They weren’t serious and I think I might have a new one right now. I wonder what this one will lead to.

My fingers searched for my phone and I typed a text to Jessica to tell her about this. Then I remembered about the project. Taehyung…that guy knew that woman. How are they related? Lovers? I hope not.

My eyes graced the piece of paper in front of me. Without hesitating, I called Taehyung and he picked up in less than 3 seconds.

“Hello?”

“Hi Taehyung I’m Tiffany from earlier?” I said and yawned. I can’t sleep. I need to watch my show even if my mom says I’m way too old for it. You’re 20 now Tiffany. Why are you watching this? I never really listened to her. She watches it with me sometimes anyways.

“I’m calling to tell you I’ll go over tomorrow for the project?” I wonder if he was still with her.

“Oh really? Well that’s great! What will be a good time?”

“Um…is it ok if I go over at 2?”

“Alright. Well, see you at 2 tomorrow Tiffany.” I heard a laugh in the background and I couldn’t help but think it might be her. I tried to listen closer but Taehyung told whoever it was to quiet down. I only chuckled when the laugh got louder clearly mocking Taehyung.

“Okay. See you later Taehyung.” I ended the call and stared at my ceiling. Who is she? I thought of her again and my heart squeezed at her features. What if her and Taehyung are dating?

“What’s happening?” I placed a hand on my heart which was dying to pump out of my chest. I brought out a notebook I bought a week ago. It was a nice hue of pink and I love it too much to actually use it to write lessons but I think I know what to write in it now.

 

-

 

Thank you for reading x