Two

Doggy Wash

“You can do it Junmyeon.”

“Just walk in there, say thank you and leave.”

“There’s nothing in there to be nervous about.”

“Nothing at all.”

“Not those deep, endless orbs that you in. Or the kissable dents that form in his cheeks when he smiles. Nor the silky locks that you just want to run your fingers through. Not even the- “

“ARGH!” A nervously pacing Junmyeon yelled out, snapping himself away from his torrent of thoughts.

“this is ridiculous…” he muttered, agitatedly running his hands through his own hair - continuing to loiter in front of the entrance.

From inside Jongdae snickered at the sight of the nervous man outside of the centre and turned to face the man in front of his desk.

“What do you think of Mr. Sweaty Palms over here?” he asked, raising his eyebrows at the standing man.

Yixing turned to look at Junmyeon, of which Jongdae was indicating to, and turned back - eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

Jongdae erupted into another fit of giggles and Yixing just stared at him, patiently waiting for the man to finish.

“I mean, what do you think of him?” Jongdae tried again, specifically emphasising the ‘think’.

Still confused Yixing answered his question, “he’s a nice… person…?”

His intended statement ending as a question.

Sighing at the other’s pure oblivion, Jongdae decided to lay it straight.

“Not think of him like literally think of him,”

“-you’re not making any sen-,” the other man tried cutting in but was effectively ignored by his Korean friend,

“I mean,” Jongdae pushed on, looking the raven-haired male in the eye, “What do you think of him in a ‘I’m a gay, single man and ready to ’ kind of way.”

At the other’s use of profanities, Yixing blushed and ducked his head – remaining silent.

Jongdae raised his eyebrows expectantly,

“well?”

“Uh….well…uh…,” the Chinese male stuttered, unable to form a sentence, “why are you asking this?”

Leaning back in his chair, Jongdae’s face split into a grin.

“because the poor guy obviously has the hot’s for you, but you being Zhang Yixing, are ever oblivious to it.”

At this statement, the dimpled man’s eyes widened and he could feel his cheeks grow warm again with newfound embarrassment.

“You…you don’t mean that right?” he asked shyly, his voice betraying his curiosity.

Grin splitting even wider the other encouraged him,

“trust me. If you don’t believe me, just shoot him another smile when he finally decides to come in, and check to see if he’s ‘ok’ afterwards. If you know what I mean,” Jongdae wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Yixing’s face pulled in confusion as he tried to understand Jongdae’s suggestive means and was about to ask the other to repeat what he’d said but was cut off by the sound of the glass door sliding open.

“Oh, you’re back! Nice of you to finally come in!”

A smirking Jongdae greeted the flustered Junmyeon – clearly embarrassed at having been noticed from inside.

“Yea-, yeah…” he managed to call out, glancing sideways at Yixing,

“I wasn’t feeling too well so I just needed some air.” Jongdae continued, trying to come up with some sort of a reasonable excuse.

“Right…,” Jongdae ‘agreed’.

Yixing only focusing on the ‘wasn’t feeling too well’ turned to Junmyeon, face showing concern to the man who was but a stranger a mere hour or so ago.

“You’re not feeling well? Do you need to sit down, a glass of water?” Reaching over to place his hand on the others forehead he missed the panicked look on Junmyeon’s face.

“Oh crap.” Junmyeon cursed to himself. “God he’s so close.”

Mentally steeling himself he tried to ignore the fact that a certain Chinese beauty was in such close proximity to him.

“His accent is adorable and why does he smell so bloody good too? Oh god-,” Junmyeon inwardly moaned to himself – Yixing, the cause of Junmyeon’s mental battle, completely unaware of the other’s inward struggle, continued to press his hand to the other.

A smug Jongdae leant back in his chair once more as he waited for Yixing to end his torture on the other man.

“Tha-, that’s enough,” Junmyeon finally jumped away from the other, his voice pitching at the end.

“I feel fine now, it was probably just a passing thing… yeah… haha…,” he awkwardly cut off, looking away from Yixing.

Concern still etched on his face, Yixing reluctantly agreed,

“If you’re sure…,”

Silence ensued and Junmyeon shuffled on his feet, not meeting eyes with the raven-haired male in front of him.

“So,” he tried, clearing his throat, “is Mocha all done?”

“Oh yeah, right, of course!” Yixing blurted back – stepping back to turn away.

“I’ll be right back with him."

The Chinese man rushed away at that into the corridor, leaving Junmyeon and Jongdae alone together.

“Well, well,” the receptionist teased, “looks like someone was having a good time back there,” swiftly glancing down then back up to the others face.

Blushing furiously Junmyeon was quick to deny,

“I was not!” He unconvincingly retorted back.  

Laughing at Junmyeon’s lame come back, he leaned forward, grinning,

“Just don’t get too excited yet, Yixing here is quite the innocent one.” Seeing the discomfort but also flicker of interest on the other’s face, Jongdae smirked and continued,

“well, at least, he looks innocent…right?”

Smirk splitting into a full-blow grin of satisfaction at the gulping Junmyeon infront of him, he leant back in his seat just as the Yixing and Mocha made an appearance in the foyer.

Face redder than ever, Junmyeon attempted to avoid Yixing’s gaze by focusing on grabbing the leash off of said male.

“Right, well, thank you a lot Yixing. I’m sure my friend Baekhyun will be very satisfied with your work.”

Junmyeon quickly blurted out and bowing to both males in the room, he turned and rushed out of the centre, a wagging Mocha being pulled along.

Slightly bewildered, Yixing stared after the departing duo.

“Well that was no fun was it?” Jongdae’s voice made its way to Yixing.

Turning to face his friend Yixing looked at the other,

“fun?”

The other hummed in agreement.

“I was hoping for some more excitement today but looks like I’ll have to wait.”

The dimpled male continued looking at Jongdae oddly, trying to decipher the meaning behind his words.

“Don’t worry though,” the Korean eyed him, “he’ll be back.”

Flustered a little by Jongdae’s comment, Yixing cleared his throat.

“Why would you think I care about that,” he continued on, “and he won’t anyway. It was his friends dog, not his own.”

Jongdae, ever the sharp one, didn’t miss the slight tinge of disappointment laced in the other’s voice.

“As oblivious as you are, I am not. Don’t think I don’t know that you found him just the slightest bit attractive.”

“I never said that,” countered the other,

“You didn’t have to.” Jongdae smartly replied back.

Annoyed at how easily his friend guessed his feelings, Yixing turned away to leave the other.

As he headed out of the reception area, he heard Jongdae call out after him,

“Don’t worry, even if it’s not his dog he’ll be back! And with some lame excuse too!”

Yixing scoffed at this and continued on - trying to ignore the little flame of hope that sparked at his friend’s comment. 

~~~

Author's Note

Yes, I know, I'm so sorry I took a long time to update. I had a few tests and such which I had to study for and I have another one next week )': 

Besides from that, I hope you all enjoy this next part. I think I'm pushing the boundaries on PG and I'm considering M, but I think for now I'll be leaving it as a 'suggestive' fluff fic. I'm not sure how much more this will be as well, I'm tossing up between a few versions but it will probably end up longer than the threeshot I originally planned, just because I've been making the chapters quite short (this one is about 1.2k long). Please continue reading and make sure to comment, subscribe, upvote etc.etc. everything is appreciated! 

~ shelly7