Hongbin/Youngji (KARA), cindarella au - youngji's searching for the owner of this glass shoe

screaming, crying, perfect storms

Hongbin thinks that Youngji isn't like the other princesses; dainty, soft and fragile. He knows it sounds a bit creepy, daydreaming about a princess he couldn't have when he's nothing but a commoner, and a normally dirty commoner at that.

Still, it's nice to think about getting out. It makes him believe that he and his sister could be free of their stepmother and stepsiblings. Not now, but someday.

"What are you thinking of?" Youngji looks up at him with a grin, and Hongbin tries very hard not to stumble and possibly step on her feet. "Trying not to step on your feet, Your Majesty." He says bluntly, making her laugh. She's always gotten in trouble for it, open too wide, shoulders heaving in laughter, but no sound. It fascinates him.

"Don't worry, I know the feeling. I've stepped on several people's toes when I was learning.." Hongbin opens his mouth to speak when somewhere in the castle, the clock begins to chime, replacing his high spirits with dread. "What time is it?"

"It's five minutes to midnight, why do you.. oppa?" He turns around, scanning the ballroom for Hyeri and finding her with Sanghyuk. He catches his friend's eye and Hongbin hurries to where the two are after a harried bow to the princess, his hand finding his sister's. "We need to go. Now." 

Hyeri opens , possibly to argue. "You might want take him up on his offer." Sanghyuk butts in. "Princess Youngji is heading this way." Hongbin knows that's their cue to run, so he does, Hyeri struggling a bit in her high shoes. "Oppa-- slow down--"

"We can't!" Hongbin's voice is desperate as they head out of the castle, the pair stumbling a bit as one of Hyeri's shoes comes off. "The spell ends at midnight!" 

They don't know how long they continue to run, but somewhere along the way their new clothes turn into rags once more, their faces caked with soot and and grime as they make their way back home. Hyeri's other shoe comes off, but she manages to pick it up before Hongbin continues to pull her forward, anxious to beat their stepmother home.

Not now, but someday.

Someday's too far away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Youngji hurried out of the castle, eyes scanning her immediate surroundings before sighing audibly. "They're gone." 

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty." Taekwoon bows lowly, his usually stoic face troubled at seeing the princess so distraught. "We will do our best to find them." She smiles at him, bowing her head in thanks. "Thank you, Captain. I must get back.. I suppose..." She's about to head back inside when she spots something glittering on one of the stairs, lifting her skirts so she can move a little faster, bending down to pick it up. "A glass slipper..?"

"The girl." Youngji remembers her mystery prince saying something about having a sister, and that's when it clicks. "Captain.. if we find whoever's foot fits, we'll be able to find both the girl and her brother!" Taekwoon looks skeptical at that, arms folded across his chest. "Your Majesty.. Youngji. You're talking about letting every girl in the kingdom try this on.."

The princess wrinkles her nose, making a face at his words. "It sounds so unhygienic when you put it that way-- but yeah. We'll find the girl, then her brother. Simple, right?"