Get Prepared

The Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key

 

They were waiting until the night came up. They kept the silence all the time and had no possibility to talk. There were soldiers around.

But the night came so Jonghyun was woken up by Key. Since the elder one hadn’t sleep since the crash he was very tired and fall asleep during the excitement of waiting.

It was Kibum who was watching the enemies. Actually there were a lot of soldiers which made the younger one frightened. How the hell would they reach the radio tower if there were so many soldiers? What is more... being with Jonghyun... well...

Okay, so it wasn’t simple.

They weren’t in the best relationship since the rumors of Sekyung and Jonghyun’s affair had come up.

Kibum was... well... probably jealous of it and he knew that Shin Sekyung was not the girl for Jonghyun. He told his opinion about it to his best friend, but Jonghyun got angry. Okay, not just angry but mad. He was shouting and became kinda aggressive. It frightened Kibum who started keeping a distance between himself and Jonghyun.

Well, after this affair their relationship became the same. Okay, almost the same. Kibum still kept a small distance. He was afraid. What if Jonghyun would not be able to handle this situation?

Kim Jonghyun was not that type of person who could easily get through tragedies. He was a typical city-person, who didn’t like nature that much. Jonghyun wasn’t a survivor. He would rather die instead of surviving. So... most probably they won’t get out the island alive.

Kibum was hungry and thirsty. He had nothing to eat, and there was not enough pure water to drink.

As the night came up the two boys stood up.

“We have to go” whispered Key. He looked around. He haven’t heard anything so he took a step.

“I think that it is dangerous” Jonghyun followed the younger member. Even if this nightmare had happened he was glad to be there with Kibum. At least the two of them got up together and were able to continue their way to call help. Most probably Jonghyun wouldn’t be able to do this on his own.

“It is, but we have to risk” nodded Kibum. He was happy to see Jonghyun too especially because he found himself too weak for this game. He wouldn’t be able to play this fatal hide and seek. But now he got Jonghyun. Probably together they would have more chance to survive.

“Anyway, have you met with the others?” Kibum turned back for a minute. They were walking through the bridge where Jonghyun had saved Kibum’s life.

“No. I’ve seen Jinki hyung’s parachute, but that’s all” Jonghyun looked down. It was horrible seeing the wolves eating the leader’s stuffs.

Kibum stopped.

What?

Had he heard it well?

Was Jinki dead?

“Say it once again” he looked back.

“I wasn’t that far from the explosion. It took only a few hours to go there. So I decided to catch up Jinki hyung. As I went closer and closer I’ve noticed his parachute. It was the same as ours and wolves were eating it. I guess they wasn’t parachute-eaters, but carnivores.”

Kibum’s heart beat stopped for a minute. Was... was Jinki dead? Could it be possible? Losing the leader in a short period?

No, it can’t happen!

“Are you sure?” he asked and turned back to look at the elder one. This couldn’t be true. Jinki must be alive!

“I’m sure that it was his parachute, but I don’t know whether he is still alive or not” answered Jonghyun with a sigh.

“I hope he’s alright” Kibum looked down. This fact shocked him too much. They couldn’t lose a member. All of them must have been alive.

Minho was a survivor, Taemin was clever enough to stay alive whatever happens. He was too stubborn to die.

And Jinki?

He was Jinki. He could not leave the members alone.

“Me too. I was up to look for him, but after noticing the parachute I gave up. I wasn’t strong enough to continue. I was afraid that I find him as a dead body”

“Did he say anything special before you jumped off?” Kibum looked up.

“Yes. I am the leader, and I have to find all the members. He promised me that he will find us. The four of us” tears appeared in Jonghyun’s eyes. He hadn’t thought that this would happen. He hoped that Jinki appears soon.

He hoped that nothing bad had happened to him, or to anyone. Yet, he was sure that it would be difficult to regroup with all the members. This island was as big as Seoul... probably... so they had to be very lucky to find everybody.

But Jonghyun wasn’t really sure that it could ever happen. This mission seemed more and more impossible.

“Who’s there?” they heard a shout and the light of a lamp lighted them up. Both Kibum and Jonghyun froze. Okay, most probably they will die. Fantastic.

“The outlanders!” shouted another soldier. It was heard that the people moved and came closer and closer.

Kibum looked around.

“Hyung, we have to jump” he said as he had noticed something. There was a safe place to escape.

“What? Jump? Are you normal?” Jonghyun screamed, but Kibum shook his head.

“We jump or we die”

“Or we jump and die” added Jonghyun this possibility to the other two.

“We have no time to argue!” Kibum said angrily and grabbed Jonghyun’s hand. He had to save his and his friend’s life, this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter