Take Me Away

Dreaming Of Lulu

Chapter 4: Take Me Away

Luhan was stunned. Did no one tell the President that he had a new secretary? 

Gazing at the President’s eyes made Luhan quiver, slowly pulling his hand away. Luhan bowed once more. “Hello, sir. My name is Luhan. I am your new secretary.”

The President narrowed his eyes. “I don’t remember hiring a secretary.”

Luhan was speechless. “Ah.. Ah..”

Sehun snorted and tossed a pile of papers atop the desk, spraying the once neat pile into a mess. “Get these documented, copied and analyze. I’ll be expecting them at 1 for a meeting.”

Luhan immediately nodded. “Yes, Sir!”

Luhan slowly sat down, gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes at his newly handed papers that were scattered all over. Right then and there, he decided that he strongly disliked the President of Oh corporation because hate was much too negative. At least for now. 

Oh Sehun tapped his fingers on the keyboard in the speed of light, rapidly making adjustments for the benefits of his company. He grumbled and groaned while doing so. Oh Sehun did not need a useless secretary that would sit pretty in her tight skirt and pour him dozens of cups of coffee each day. He did not need that, but the coffee would be nice. 

Jongin sighed and gazed worriedly at his good friend who was busy making himself a slave for work. 

Sehun looked up from his computer and sighed, “Honestly, Jongin? You could be doing some work for the company rather than finding some secretary that I don’t even need.”

Jongin raised his eyebrows in doubt. “Are you sure about that, Sehun? All you do is stay in that leather chair of yours, on your computer, with your glasses on.” Jongin crossed his legs and leaned back in the loveseat. “Come on, you don’t even go out clubbing with me anymore.”

Sehun wiggled his nose and took off his glasses, facing his friend. “Fine. If it proves to you that I’m not married to my job, we’ll go clubbing tonight. How does that sound?”

Jongin clapped his hands. 

“Now. Let me get back to work if you want me to go.”

Jongin was exasperated. They were only in their early to mid 20’s and Sehun was already started to adopt the characteristics of when his father was last owning the company, in his late sixties. 

“You’re missing something, old bud. That’s exactly why I hired a secretary.”

Sehun stopped typing. “I already told you that she’s useless. Go fire her when your on the way out, Jongin.”

Jongin walked over to Sehun’s desk, slapping the records of Luhan’s previous achievements down his keyboard. Sehun looked up at his friend, but Jongin made no move to remove the piece of paper.

Feeling weak and tired, Sehun snatched it away from Jongin’s grasp and lightly skimmed over the contents. Even Sehun was impressed.

“Didn’t I tell you?” Jongin smirked, “I’m not that foolish in handling Oh Corporation’s money.”

Sehun flicked the paper back at Jongin after crumbling it into a ball. “I’ll give you this one.”

Jongin gleamed. “Great. Now, why don’t we hand these-,” He pointed at the stack of papers and documents. “-to Luhan and we can grab some food outside before the meeting. Sounds good?”

Sehun shrugged on his trench coat and handed the stack of papers to Jongin with his normal nonchalant face, but Sehun was secretly squealing. 

Jongin called this his biggest achievement. 

Jongin carried the thick portfolio, knocking on Luhan’s door with his other hand.

He was greeted with a wide eyed, calm girl. “Hello.”

Jongin winked, “Sort these papers. The president sent me.”

Luhan slowly grabbed the thick pile from Jongin in disbelief. There was no way he could do this in one sitting, but the man hooded in woman’s clothing nodded anyway. “Ah. I’ll have them finished by tonight.”

Jongin winked and smirked, “I’ll count you on it, Luhan-ah.”

“Let’s go, Sehun.”

Sehun sighed, tilting his head back and shoving his hands into the pockets of his trench coat. “What did he say?”

Jongin his lips, “He’ll do them by tonight. Don’t worry too much about it, Sehun. I’m sure that Luhan will get it done, ya?”

Sehun shrugged, but he made no move to go back and gather those papers to do himself and that made Jongin happy. 

Jongin sipped a large gulp of his bubble tea, a thing he would sacrifice his coffee for in a plea to satisfy Sehun. “Say, Sehun-ah. Why don’t we extend that trip to China. We can have some fun rather than being stuffed in that tiny meeting room.” 

Sehun chewed on a tapioca pearl, “I’ll think about it. Why don’t you try to invite some Chinese members of our company. They might be able to help.” Jongin bobbed his head. Sehun could swear that this friend of his was turning into a bobby head.

Jongin was soon adverted from his mission when he received a text message from his beloved Kyungsoo. Sehun arched one eyebrow and shook his head in amusement at his friend who was currently hiding the screen of his phone from Sehun. 

“Hmm, Jongin. Who’s that?”

Jongin quickly swiped to an e-mail that he had gotten from a different company. “Just looking at some e-mails.”

Sehun laughed and looked out the window to see the large building that was Oh Corporations, “Be careful of what you’re reading outside, Jongin.”

Jongin shrugged and flicked back to Kyungsoo’s text message.

There was only one light illuminated in the large building. Sehun shrugged off his jacket and draped it on his arms.

He slowly peeked in the door to see a sleepy Luhan typing away on the computer. Sehun smiled, he never knew that the small girl would actually follow through. He’ll have to think of a way to reward her later.

Authors Note: I hope you liked it! It’s a reasonably mild chapter, but don’t worry.. Sehun is just getting warmed up with his lovely deer!