Job Hunter

Dreaming Of Lulu

Chapter 1: Job Hunter

Luhan sighed, sitting down on the wooden bench. He loosened his tie and gazed towards the azure painted sky. It had been a long day, through countless of interviews he found out that no one needed a freshly graduated university student with a degree in business. Luhan slammed his hands on his fake briefcase. Of all times, why did it have to be now that business was at it’s all time low.

Businesses were losing money, employees and it seemed like no one had found a job. 

Luhan grudgingly got up from the park bench, he had scraped a few dollars today from selling an old coin to a collector, but that was about it. Besides, who needed a penny when they could have a few tens? 

The apartment that Luhan’s family owned was filled to the brim. A two bedroom apartment was one that fit six people, in Luhan’s case. His mother and father both slept on the futon. Luhan shared a room with his younger brother, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had a phobia towards public places with a lot of people, it had been an incident when he was stripped of all clothing and tied to a streetlight post for all to see. Even to this day, Kyungsoo never goes out with Luhan, ever. He studies with their mother at home.

The other room is occupied by Luhan’s older twin brothers, Minseok and Kris. Minseok was currently on house arrest from their father due to fooling around outside too much with his skateboard. Minseok was currently sporting a cast on his right leg. 

Kris was lazy, extremely lazy. He used to do modeling on the side, but he soon after quit due to always having the same bored expression in all his photos, but he still thought he was the best model even after getting fired by seven companies. 

Luhan and his father were left being the only ones being suitable for work. He used to work a part time job while at Seoul university, but he had quit that trying to look for better work. 

Luhan’s father worked as as storage worker. He moves boxes almost all day long. His father was never good with Korean, as they were immigrants from China, but according to Kris, the opportunities was much better than that in China. Their mother and father never really talked about China, saying that the present is much more important than the past.

Luhan sat down in a plastic chair. The smell of burnt bread filled the room, but then again, Kris was never good at cooking. 

“Luhan-gege,” said Kyungsoo quietly looking up into Luhan’s eyes. “Did you find a job yet? I-I could go work now.. I’m sure I’ll find something.” 

Luhan smiled at his younger brother, Kyungsoo was too innocent. “It’s alright, Kyungie. Just stay home and study hard so you can help gege in the future.” 

Kyungsoo obediently nodded and went back to carefully eating the burnt bread and cabbage.

“You know, father,” said Minseok resting his hand on the table. “I could go with Lulu and we could go find jobs together. I saw this gig yesterday in the newspaper and they were looking for entertainment, I’m sure a couple of skateboard tricks could get them laughing.” Their father rolled his eyes and glared at the the so called ‘daredevil’. 

“Minseok, this is the fifth time you’ve asked me today. I don’t want you going around getting a few laughs over how you sprained your ankle.” 

“Honey, maybe it might be a good idea to get Minseok a job, he has been staying home far too much and we all need life experience.” 

Father rolled his eyes and glared at his eldest son, “Minseok gets laughs from being injured, and we don’t have enough money to pay for extra hospital bills. How can this be a good thing?”

Mother bit her lip. She had yet to go work for over eleven years, she had been more busy taking care of Kyungsoo. No one in the family blamed Kyungsoo, but it was a bit saddening to see their youngest brother at home all day. With no will to go out, unlike Minseok who was much too eager to find work.

“Kris-gege,” said Luhan poking his brother, “You used to work in modeling. Do you know any companies that would hire me to help with work?” 

Kris was busy focusing on the cabbage, “Luhan, you have your business degree, grow some mind. You won’t be able to find a job now. Don’t you think that’s why it was so easy for me to lose my job?” Luhan slowly nodded.

Kris was older than Luhan, but his younger brother did more work than he, so it was natural that Kris got very jealous and defensive about this topic. 

“Oh!” gasped Luhan’s mother, quickly running to her purse. “I was taking Kyungsoo out to buy some groceries and I saw Mrs. Hwang.” she brought a piece of paper, “Her daughter was looking for a job, remember Lena? Anyway, she got accepted into a secretary job at Oh Corporations.” She clasped her hands together. “Mrs. Hwang told me that the president is hiring a secretary. Why don’t you check it out tomorrow?”

Luhan nodded, Lena was a good friend of his while he was a student at Seoul University, but Lena had been in Japan for the past month, she must have come back. It wasn’t unusual for people to seek jobs out of the country at these times after all.

...

Luhan pushed open the door into the giant building of Oh Corporations. He glanced around the large hobby and saw a lady who seemed to be taking calls and he stood in front of the desk, patiently waiting while holding his briefcase. 

The lady ended the phone call with a loud ‘huff’ and turned to Luhan and smiled. He chuckled, it must have been mandatory for someone to smile to all the annoying people that come in.

“What can I help you with, sir?” asked the lady smiling, it seemed  like her lips didn’t even move. “I am looking for the job of being the president’s secretary.” 

The lady’s face took a deep look into Luhan’s eyes and shook her head, “I am very sorry, sir. The president will only hire a female secretary.” Luhan fluttered his eyes. “Pardon me, what did you just say?” 

“The president will only hire a female secretary, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” 

“Are there any other positions open?”

“No, I am sorry, sir. Thank you for coming to Oh Corporations.” 

The phone rang again and the lady at the front desk only smiled once more before answering the call letting Luhan gather himself up. What kind of man would only hire a female secretary? 

He huffed and left the building. 

He slipped of his shoes immediately when he reached home and laid on the futon until Kyungsoo poked Luhan’s toes.

“Gege, did you get the job?” asked Kyungsoo with side eyes. Luhan shook his head. “Why not?” 

“That erted president will only hire a female secretary.” said Luhan, muttering under his breath. Luhan got up from the futon to be met with Kyungsoo’s smirk, “Don’t worry, gege!”


Authors Note: I hope you enjoyed chapter 1, more EXO members will be introduced later on in the story. 
Please comment down what you think <3