First Day

Dreaming Of Lulu

Chapter 3: First Day

Luhan gripped his hands on a soft purple dress, telling himself he would be courageous and wear the ugly thing. 

The fabric slid over his shoulders and landed on his arms, the fabric tight around his chest and stomach. Luhan glances at himself in the mirror, covering his eyes the minute he saw himself. He looked nothing like his usual manly self. His wig fit the shape of his small head well and the heels he wore were nothing like that of the interview, so they fit much more comfortably. 

Luhan slowly dabbed his face with small tints of blush and a bit of mascara. Kyungsoo said that he would look strange if he didn’t put any bits of makeup on, and Luhan would like to keep his soon to be co-workers guessing. 

The male walked into the large building, pushing open the glass doors and leaving tints of his finger traces on the door. His perfectly manicured fingers grazed his arm as he clung on tightly to his own flesh; scared of the impending day to come.

Luhan took a glance at the busy lady in the front desk, her hands were bustling the papers around and the once calm and cool woman seemed ready to burst and yell in a crying fit.

Gently pushing the ‘up’ button on the elevator with his fresh manicured nail. Luhan stepped one foot in the elevator before a small male bumped into Luhan making him lose his balance. “Sorry!” said the puppy like male. He quickly bowed down repeatedly at Luhan and bit his lip, wide eyes shone through. Luhan almost giggled.

“You’re alright,” said Luhan gently smiling. The puppy like male jumped once and his face broke into a magnificent smile. “Oh! You’re new around here, aren’t you?” Luhan nodded.

The young man clapped his hands, “I’m Baekhyun! Nice to meet you.”

Luhan grimaced, his smile was already fading and he wasn’t used to being with such a chipper person. 

“Nice to meet you. My name is Luhan.”

The puppy-boy squealed with delight and nearly bumped his head against the elevator walls. “I can’t believe it! I get to train you!” Baekhyun spoke in a quieter voice, “Don’t say I said this, but Mr. President is really rude and strict.” Baekhyun pouted. “I feel so bad for you, Lulu-noona.”

Luhan tightened his lips into a frown. It would all be worth it in the end. After a couple of years he would surely be working in his own office rather than pouring coffee for some rich president. 

The elevator blinked and the door opened into a very open area. There were multiple office portables that were scattered around the floor. People were yelling into the phone. Luhan couldn’t look away. Baekhyun giggled. “You can take pictures later, noona, but we have to get you to your office before Mr. President comes.”

Luhan nodded and chased after the swift man. It wasn’t comfortable running around in a tight fitting dress. He would constantly his wig, making sure that it was in just the right place and that every part looked perfect.

Baekhyun opened the dark red wood and entered. “Ta-Dah! I hope you liked it!” Baekhyun smiled again. The man seemed like he wouldn’t stop smiling. “I tried to find the best office space available for you. The other room was a storage closet.”

Luhan was uncomfortable. “Ah. Thank you Baekhyun-ah.”

“No problem. I better get back to my own job. The files are in your desk; I’ll try to warn you when the President comes. I’m sure you’ll get along with everyone else.”

Luhan worked his way to the leather chair. The smooth texture rivaled that of an expensive couch he had seen in the front hallway of the building. He sighed, kicked his shoe off and leaned back in the chair. His bad behavior would no doubt ruin his hair, but he paid no mind to that measly fact. 

Luhan opened his eyes. The room smelt like lavender. It was from the scented candles that lined the mini coffee station. He could remember that Baekhyun smelt strangely of a lavender scent. 

Luhan coughed and mentally punished himself for napping on the job. 

He opened the file that Baekhyun had laid out for him. It was filled with important business figures and detailed descriptions of the men and women that ruled the world. Luhan sighed, flipping through the tens upon hundreds of neatly stacked pages that were in the file.

As Luhan was busying himself with reading and memorizing the information, the door smoothly and quietly slid open. The sound of harsh footsteps filled the room, making Luhan look up.

His doe eyes met those of an eagle, ready to snatch it’s prey up. 

The figure in front of him seemed like a god, tall, a chiseled face and luxurious black hair that was slicked back. 

Luhan coughed and stuck out his hand. “Hello. My name is Luhan. I’m new, I hope you will take care of me.” Luhan bowed down. He peeked through his lashes to look at the man once more, he made no movement to accept the hand and frowned down. 

“Who are you?”


Authors Note : Sorry about not updating this story in a long time, but my major exams are finished for now. Haha, the never ending cycle.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!