Stealing Kisses

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

Narrator's POV



"MIN YU!" they greeted her worriedly. "Ssssh," she shushed them, gesturing to the sleeping Kyuhyun. "Oh right, sorry," they apologized. They walked near her, and embraced her one by one.

"How did you guys know?" she asked. "It's all over the news," CAP answered. "We were about to visit you but our comeback was a while ago, so we headed there first," Changjo explained.

"It's fine," she waved them off, and noticed L.Joe, frozen kneeling on the cold hospital floor. "L.Joe annyeong~!" Min Yu tried her best to do aegyo. L.Joe, in turn, blushed ferociously and waved back. "How are you feeling? Sorry to wake you up," Chunji said.

"A little..." she began to breathe deeply, like she was in pain. "Please call the nurse," she requested weakly. Ricky ran towards the lobby and called for a nurse. Someone attended quickly, and tended to Min Yu's needs.

"You guys, you don't have to look," she said, while the nurse injected her with medicine. Her bandages were replaced with fresh ones, and the members had a glimpse of her injuries. "Thanks," she muttered as the nurse left.



"What happened?" Niel asked, staring weirdly at her cast. ""Car accident...I thought you read the news?" she replied. Her voice came out as whispers, sometimes as murmurs.

It was clear, but soft, something the Teen Top members weren't used to. They knew her to be loud and sharp-tongued, but everything was different now.

"How bad is it?" L.Joe demanded. "Well, for one, I had an operation a while ago. My liver and lungs were internally bleeding, but by the time the doctors found out, I was in the verge of dying," she narrated.

"But don't worry, I'm still breathing," she gently punched CAP's arm. "Sorry guys for not watching your comeback. Trust me, I didn't forget. It's just that all of this happened, and..." she smiled faintly. "It's fine. We really waited for that opportunity again," Changjo replied.

"I knew you guys did great. You always do," she commented. "Thanks," Chunji responded. "Min Yu, when will you go back to school again?" Niel asked. "I...don't really know," Min Yu answered softly, her eyes starting to close.

"How long will you be here?" Ricky prodded, but received no response. She already fell asleep. He was about to tap her arm, but someone butted in. "Don't bother her anymore," Kyuhyun said. He was already awake, and the members didn't notice because they were all focused on Min Yu.

"Do you guys want to eat or something?" he offered. "No thanks. Maybe later," Niel answered. "Well, I appreciate you having concern for her," Kyuhyun responded. "Is she going to be fine now, hyung?" Ricky asked.

"I'm not that sure," Kyuhyun took a seat across them, glancing worriedly to Min Yu, being careful not to wake her. "But she needs rest. Her operation has been long..." his mind started to wander to the possibilities that could have happened in that operating room.

What if Min Yu hadn't survived?

What if she hadn't run away in the first place?

"What really happened?" L.Joe prodded for him to continue. "Hasn't she told you already?" he answered. "It was barely a summary," Chunji commented. "Well, that day when she had a fight with a guy in your school, she went home.

I drove her home, and we were hardly talking. And we fought, then she left and went home. That night, she ran away. She was about to cross the street, when a car was swerving uncontrollably.

It was 3 in the morning, and we have no idea that she had left their house. Even Leeteuk doesn't know," he started crying, remembering how helpless he'd felt.

"It's okay, hyung," CAP patted his back gently. "First thing in the morning, we rushed here. We ate no breakfast, we didn't even change clothes. All we cared about was her. We arrived, and she was being prepared to undergo surgery.

Her bones were crushed, cuts were all over her body, her lungs were affected. Man, it was way worse than my accident back in 2007," he narrated.

"We waited and waited, and when the doctor came out..." tears were continuing to fall down his face. "He said the chance of her surviving was very minimal. Besides her lungs, her liver was also internally bleeding.

We forced the nurse to get more of our blood, if possible take all the blood she needed, just for her to live. Her heart was failing, she was losing the fight."

"The least we could do was pray and wait. After two more hours, which seemed like years, she had done it. She survived," he played the memory again and again in his head.

"Well, good thing she's fine now," Chunji sniffled, feeling guilty of being not able to come by earlier. "Sorry, I know we're late in visiting her. We had our comeback to attend first," CAP said.

"L.Joe here forgot about our comeback as soon as he saw the news," Niel nudged L.Joe lightly. "Congratulations guys. And it's fine, I appreciate you coming by. I know how much you all mean to her," Kyuhyun replied.



"Well, we care about her that much," Niel replied. "She told us that you guys were everything she had left, and that if only she had known where you live, she'd have gone there after she ran away. But she didn't," Kyuhyun stated.

The door suddenly opened, and in came Eunhyuk. "Ah Teen Top~!" he exclaimed and gave them a hug. "I watched your comeback, and you were great!" he added. Kyuhyun smacked his head.

"Do you want Min Yu to wake up?!?" he scolded. "Sorry, sorry. Hey, let's all go out to eat!" he invited them. "What about Min Yu?" Kyuhyun asked. "We'll make it quick," Eunhyuk replied, and he finally agreed. They left the hospital room to let Min Yu sleep in peace.

Sneaky L.Joe, after everyone had left, went back to her room. He couldn't hold back his feelings anymore, but it wasn't time to confess yet. Not in a situation like this. "Saranghae..." he whispered, giving Min Yu a kiss on the lips, before scurrying away like a child caught for a bad deed.

Min Yu's POV

All the while, I kept my eyes closed, listening attentively to the people talking. Wow, they surely thought I was sleeping. But oh well, I have to keep this up. Kyuhyun told them the real story of what had happened to me, and I wondered where is my mom?

How is she doing, not having the time to visit me or even drop by? Does she even know I'm here, that I was nearly dead, that I ran away?

The conversation was getting intense, with sniffling and muffled cries here and there. I wanted so badly to open my eyes and join them, but I felt too weak, and they probably would leave anyway.

Then Eunhyuk came in, calming down the tensions and filling the awkward silence. "Hey! Let's go out to eat!" he invited everyone. "What about Min Yu?" Kyuhyun asked. FINALLY! This guy is constantly being concerned for me.

"We'll make it quick," he replied, being the bad influence he is. And Kyuhyun, who I trusted to look after me, had left, replacing me with food. Oh well, I guess I could use a few minutes of silence and peace.

As I heard the door closed, I shifted my thoughts to sleeping. I was about to fall into unconsciousness when I heard the door squeak slightly open. I wanted to take a peek and see who it was, until I felt a presence hovering over me.

I realized it was L.Joe, by the manner of walking and how his footsteps have sounded. "Saranghae..." he whispered, kissing me. KISSING ME. ON. MY. LIPS. I was about to react and sit up, when he already ran away, closing the door behind him.

How dare he just do that to me? And tell me he loves me? HE LOVES ME? L.Joe, Lee Byunghun, loves me?!? This was unbelievable.

My eyes fluttered open, wide open. And I sat up. What the hell was wrong with me? I've been kissed by my friend, and it was bothering me, because he told me he loved me. Well, the fact that most intrigued me was that he sneaked in, when everyone left, and when he thought I was sleeping.

I walked up to the bathroom and walked over the mirror. What I saw was disturbing. I saw a girl covered in wounds and bruises, with an arm cast, staring blankly at me. Her hair was frizzy, sticking out in all directions, with lips pale and dry.

I can't believe L.Joe could kiss me in this state. The girl in the mirror's face was blank, eyes were bloodshot red, and her chest was bandaged tightly.

Worst of all, this girl was me. I looked terrible. What bothered me most was that I looked weak and helpless, like I had a huge banner above my head saying 'SHE'S CLEARLY A VICTIM!'.

I wanted to brush my hair, even just to smooth out the tangles, but everywhere and everything hurt. I stumbled back to my bed, to go back to sleep. And I wondered how long will I be able to see that girl for the next days to come.