1/3

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

Narrator's POV

After the successful operation, the doctors, together with the Super Junior members, couldn't help but to cry. Her life was on the edge, but she made it. Thank God she made it. And it was all thanks to Heenim's prayer, his very first prayer.

He uttered a silent gratitude to God for saving Min Yu's life. The nurses brought her back to her room, and there, everyone relaxed, though not completely. She still wasn't awake. But anyway, they proceeded to eat, since the last thing they ate was dinner, which was still last night.



Henry paid a visit as soon as he heard the news. And as ELFs all know, that Canadian chipmunk is a really messy eater. He sat by the foot of Min Yu's bed, busy watching TV while literally munching on his food.

As Siwon said in an interview, Henry eats using his front teeth, resulting to food crumbs everywhere. How surprised they were, when, all of a sudden, "Mochi, clean that up," someone has ordered. He turned around, and of course, got startled.

"MIN YU!" everyone greeted and rushed towards her, except the three who donated blood. They were still nowhere to be found. "How are you?" Sungmin asked. "Do you feel hungry?" Ryeowook added.

"Are you fine? Is there something wrong?" Yesung demanded. "I'm fine. Wait, what am I doing here? What happened?" Min Yu responded. All of them looked at each other, afraid to answer. But Heechul was the first to speak up.

"You were in an accident, Min Yu. And you were brought here. You just finished your operation, and you nearly died," he stated. To Min Yu, everything made sense. So that's why I dreamt of a casket, she thought.

"Then?" she waited for him to continue. "And like a miracle, you survived. Maybe I think it's because Heechul hyung prayed, for the first time," Siwon proudly announced.

"Really? Thanks," Min Yu teared up a bit and tried to sit up to embrace Heechul. "Yah! I didn't pray! I just wished," he joked, but he was also close to tears.

"What happened was really special, Min Yu. Even the doctors say so," Eunhyuk commented. "Where's omma?" she asked, but none of them could make out an answer. If they fabricate a lie, she would notice.

If they make an excuse, she would continue intriguing them. Might as well tell the truth. "Uhhh..." Siwon, being the religious person he is, didn't bother to answer. He didn't want to lie, plus he doesn't want to upset Min Yu with her condition right now.



"She doesn't know what happened," Henry replied. "So tell me, why were you out that early morning? The police reported that the accident occurred at 3 in the morning. What were you doing in the streets?" Shindong asked, and this time, Min Yu couldn't answer.

"I ran away. Everything was wrong. All of you were focused on the baby. That was all you could talk about. And what happened to me? I got ignored. And I sought shelter to you guys. But Donghae sent me away. I got involved in a fight, disrespected a principal, and cut classes.

The Teen Top members were all I have, and I don't even know where they lived. So I just went towards a Chinese hotel, and BAM! I thought I was dreaming," she explained.

They inched closer to her, enveloping her inside a warm group hug. "Ouch!" she complained when Eunhyuk accidentally brushed his hand against her bruise. "Sorry," he mumbled.

"By the way, where's Leeteuk?" she searched. "He went outside again with Kyuhyun and Donghae for a second blood transfusion. Since you lost that much blood in the operation, they had to donate more," Sungmin said.

Min Yu's POV

Guilt and self-anger washed over me. After our conversation, the other members tried to catch some sleep and the others cleaned the mess after eating. I took the chance while they were distracted. I sat up and pulled out some of the needles stuck inside me.

My head started to spin but it wasn't my concern. I walked to the door as silently as I could. I stumbled my way to the hallway, looking for the three. I cried not because of the pain I was feeling, but because of regrets. It's not just blood they were donating, it was life.

I heard nurses coming after me, but I quickened my pace and distracted myself from the pain. I was slowed down by the cast on my arms and the pain in my chest because of the operation.

The stitches on my forehead were throbbing. I saw them exiting the building, and I scurried towards them. They were too fast. I managed to get out of the door, and I tried to shout, but it came out as a whisper.

Outside, it was raining hard. The three walked towards the car. "Donghae..." I called out. They couldn't hear me. They had already entered the car, and at some point I thought I was too late.

But I pushed the negativity away and gathered strength to walk faster. As their car approached me, I held my hand against the window and sobbed. "Appa..."

The car stopped, and they were shocked to see me. I was soaking wet, still wearing my hospital gown and my bandages were no use. But I knelt down by the road, and thankfully, the door opened.

"Min Yu?" Leeteuk asked, getting soaked by the rain too. "What are you doing out here?" Kyuhyun scolded as he looked for an umbrella to shield us four. "Hyung, we can do this. Go home to noona, okay?" Donghae said and let Leeteuk drive home.

Donghae carried me back to the hospital while I cried my eyes out. "I'm so sorry," I repeated again and again while sobbing in his arms. "Why would you follow us, huh? It's storming out here. Your stitches have not yet healed, and so are your wounds. Your cast got wet. And your clothes, aish. You're gonna catch a cold," he enumerated.

"Appa, I'm sorry," I replied. "I thought the other members were looking after you? How did you get out? Did they know you were awake?" he ignored my apologies. "Lee Donghae," I complained, then he turned serious. He looked into my eyes and I can see that he's been crying too.

"You're alive. Thank God you're alive. We begged the doctors and nurses to do everything they can to save you, but they said the chance was too minimal. But we didn't stop believing.

We knew you would come back. And you're alive. I told the nurses to take a lot of my blood, because I knew you needed it. I would do anything to save you. And you're alive," he my hair lovingly until we reached the hospital.

Narrator's POV

Kyuhyun felt alone at the scene in front of him. Oh, how great. They're okay again. Like nothing ever happened. And here I am, with my offer still hanging, left holding the umbrella. If only I was the one who carried her, he thought.

They reached the hospital, and brought Min Yu back to her room. They were welcomed by the members' grief-stricken faces. "Thank goodness you found her, I was about to call the police," Siwon exclaimed. "Heechul hyung fought with the security guards," Henry informed them.



Donghae called for a doctor, and someone responded quickly, replacing Min Yu's bandages and fixing her cast. The doctor injected Min Yu with a tranquilizer to make her sleep.

"Stay here," she told Kyuhyun, pulling at his arm weakly. "I won't go," he kissed her forehead and she drifted to sleep.

He looked at her sleeping figure: her various bruises, including the ones she got during a fight in school; her cast on her right arm; the stitches on her forehead covered by a bandage; and the wound on her chest, due to the operation.

Her condition has been way worse than his. Back then, he had 20% chance of survival, while Min Yu's chance started at 75%, then dropped to a surprisingly 10%. And being the paranoid he is, Kyuhyun kept on checking her pulse using the monitor, afraid that she might be gone by the next second.

In the middle of the situation...

Teen Top's POV

"Hyung~!" Ricky whined to their leader who was completely ignoring their fake maknae. "Hyung~! Don't just ignore me!" the maknae still whined. "What do you want?" CAP said who finally gave up.

"You know what I want! I want to eat ice cream!" Ricky exclaimed trying to convince him but still failed. "No," he strictly replied. "BUT-" "No buts, you know we can't eat ice cream at a time like this. What if your voice suddenly cracked or your throat got sore? What will our manager tell us?" CAP explained as he cut him off.

"Fine," he said in despair. Teen Top's on their way for their comeback that they've waited for a long time and all of them didn't even eat a single bite of food due to stressful practices before leaving the dorm. They've never felt so tensed before.

"Hey! Check this out!" Changjo handed over his phone to the members.



"OH.MY.GOD," was the only thing the members could say. They were left speechless at the moment as each of them sent worried glances to each other.

"Head to Sejong General Hospital, NOW!" L.Joe commanded the driver as the members were startled by his sudden actions. "Hyung..." Niel muttered. L.Joe has never been this depressed and so worried before.

"But sir, your comeback will start by-" "PLEASE! Just go there! Our girl is at sake! Please just this once," L.Joe begged as he cut off the driver as his eyes were filled with tears.

"L.JOE! SNAP OUT OF IT! I'm sorry ahjussi but you can continue to head to our next scheduled comeback," CAP shouted to his dongsaeng as he tried to apologize to the driver.

"YOU JUST DON'T CARE! DIDN'T YOU SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES?! MIN YU'S LIFE IS AT STAKE HERE! HOW COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT I SHOULD SNAP OUT OF IT?!" L.Joe fought back to their own leader.

He was taken aback. Never did his dongsaeng shout to him like that before. "Hey. Min Yu's in the operation room, I guess her operation is not yet done," Chunji said as he was looking at his phone.

"WHAT?! Who told you?" L.Joe asked panting hardly due to his sudden movements. "Sungmin hyung texted me about her operation and everything that happened," Chunji explained.

"So what exactly happened?" Ricky and Niel who was curious asked at the same time. "Sir, we're here," the driver said. "I'll just explain to you later when we get to the hospital later to visit her," Chunji said to them.

Chunji's POV

I was so shocked about what happened to L.Joe and hyung. I hope Min Yu would be fine as what Sungmin hyung texted a while ago. I am so worried about her but I just kept silent, not wanting to make the situation worse. We were the next one to perform. I saw L.Joe feeling uncomfortable. I squeezed his shoulder, telling him that everthing's gonna be alright.

At the hospital...

L.Joe's POV

After our comeback, we asked our manager if we could visit a friend to the hospital. Good thing he approved. We searched for her room. We opened it only to see Kyuhyun and Min Yu's eyes closed. I fell on my knees.

I can't believe I'm seeing this situation right now. "NO! NO! NO!" I shouted. "Hyung! Stop it! Her heart is still beating!" Changjo pointed to the machine. OH THANK GOD! I thought she would be gone forever. "What's with all the noise?" Min Yu asked as she was awake from her sleep.


Min Yu's POV

I was in the middle of a good dream when I heard someone shouting. "NO! NO! NO!" Wait. That familiar voice. Am I still dreaming? "Hyung! Stop it! Her heart is still beating!" I think that's Changjo's voice?! My eyes shot open only to see L.Joe kneeling on the floor, crying?!