Sue You

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

Narrator's POV

Leeteuk just got home from the hospital from his visit to Min Yu. He closed the door gently, not because to avoid any noise, but he was dead tired. "Teukie-ah! Min Yu, have you seen her?" she greeted him fron the kitchen. She was just in the process of making dinner, and she had been worried of where Min Yu was. "Come here," he said, gesturing to the sofa in the living room. What better time to tell her but now? he thought. "Wait, I'll just wash my hands," she yelled back, rinsing her delicate hands over the faucet.



"What is it?" she asked, coming out of the kitchen. She lightly patted her stomach, the 1-month-bulge she's been carrying, and the cause of everything. Leeteuk had told her to just stay at home after they had known she was pregnant. Being the paranoid person he is, Leeteuk panicked everytime she did something tiring. But to Min Jae, she experienced worse. When she had been pregnant with Min Yu, her parents had thrown her out of the house. She had nothing: no money, no husband, no friend, NOTHING.

She strived to work and study at the same time, and she managed to do so, even though her school had no consideration for out-of-wedlock pregnancies. She was 15, for crying out loud!





He turned to face her slowly, making her more and more curious of what he was about to say. "Min Yu...she ran away this morning," he started, tears forming in his eyes.

"Well, come on! Let's look for her!" she stood up and was ready to storm out the door and search for Min Yu, her first and most special child. "Wait," he stopped her, grabbing her by the wrist and slightly pulling her down. When she faced him, he could clearly see that she was crying too. "She ran away at midnight, and we didn't know, we were asleep. And as she was about to cross the street at 3 in the morning..."

"She got into an accident. She was badly injured, but the doctors said it was nothing serious at first, and that they had to operate her. That's why I left this morning," he explained. "Everything was going well, we even donated blood for her, but...The doctors had been wrong. 2 of her organs were bleeding profusely, and it was fatal. She could have died any minute back then. Her heart was failing, her blood pressure dropped, and..." Min Jae, who couldn't bear hearing it anymore, covered her ears and rocked back and forth.

Leeteuk instinctively encircled his arms around her waist. "She's fine now. Miraculously. We all prayed for her, and luckily, the operation had been successful. Let's just thank God for the chance He'd given her. She only had the least chance of survival, but she did. She's alive. MIn Yu's alive," he said, assuring her of her daughter's condition.

"Why haven't you told me? I could have been there, instead of just lazing out here at home. I had NO IDEA that she was nearly dead. And what if she died, huh? Then I didn't even have the last time to see her," she protested, sending slight punches on Leeteuk's chest. He'd been wrong, obviously. "Do you want to see her? Right now?" he asked, when both their cryings have subsided.  She nodded in response, and they both got ready to leave.

At the hospital...



The mother and daughter, as soon as they say each other, proceeded to apologies. And sure enough, the father, who was watching the scene from afar, couldn't help but smile. At least, Min Yu now accepted his child, like Leeteuk accepting Min Yu. The Teen Top members, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk, arrived shortly afterwards, forgetting that they had once been in charge of looking after Min Yu.



While Leeteuk was scolding Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk, the Teen Top members went over to Min Yu and started chatting with her, to help decrease her uncomfort. "You know what, if I ever undergo surgery, the doctors have to inject a lot of sleeping medicine inside me, because if I ever see blood, I'd run out of the operating room quickly," Niel confessed. "And what would they operate, your lips?" Ricky teased. "Because they're too thick," L.Joe added. "Ha! Hyung is about to cry," Changjo pointed. "Don't make him cry. His lips would tremble, and it would be an earthquake," Min Yu joined in.

"Stop it, guys," CAP scolded, although his shoulders heaved up and down, since he was laughing too. "How's school now?" Min Yu asked, suddenly showing an interest in her studies. "It's boring, as usual," Ricky complained. "At least, he think so. Finals are now coming up," Chunji reminded. "I don't think I'll be able to attend school until the next year," she answered. "I have no one to accompany me to cut classes," L.Joe brought up. "Speaking of which, omma! What did the principal say about me?" she called out.

"Well, since they know you're only through some problems and you're a great student, they still accept you, although you have certain deductions on your conduct and behavior," she replied.

"She's an honor student?!?" Eunhyuk exclaimed. "Appa, I've shown you my scores once, and you said you were proud of me," Min Yu said sadly. Kyuhyun gave Eunhyuk a death glare, and threatened to slap his face. "O-of c-c-course. I was kidding, you know. And I'm always proud of you," Eunhyuk complimented. "Where have you guys been?" Min Yu asked, pretending not to know that they left her to eat. "We went out to eat," CAP said. "Sorry if I slept on you guys a while ago. My medicine keeps me drowsy and sleepy," she said, looking at L.Joe knowingly.



After a few hours, Super Junior's manager dropped by, not just for concern, but for legal matters too. "Leeteuk, you have to settle the charges against the driver who got Min Yu into all this accident," he said. "I would if I could. But I don't even know that person's name! The members have been prodding me to push through with the lawsuit, but I can't. Can you handle this for me?" Leeteuk replied. "Well, for one, the police identified the drunk driver as...It's just a random man, named Gong Chun Hae," he responded.

"WHAT?!?" Min Yu shouted in surprise.