Candy [Bamjae]

A Little Bit of Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kinda similar plot to my first Markjae oneshot here. But it's candy! And candy means fluff and sweetness!

P.S Are my oneshots that short and boring? Please tell me because I might have a change if you guys don't like it.

 

 

The job is so perfect for Youngjae. Being an employee in a candy store. Since he's sweet and his smile can be sweeter than your taffy or bubblegum, and he's the exact epitome of sunshines and rainbows.

Kids would always come over and buy some candy and Youngjae would make friends with them since he loves kids. Adults are very rare customers in the store because they're not really fond of candy. Except for Youngjae.

So whenever an adult customer would come over, Youngjae would always give a good impression on them. He doesn't even know why adults don't like candy that much. He always talked to kids and made friends with them, so whenever he talks to an adult he feels uncomfortable. Even though he's an adult himself but still.

"Hi! Welcome to Sweet Delights! How may I help you?" He beamed as he saw a mother and a child walking towards the counter.

"Mommy! I want gummy worms!" The child jumped in excitement. The mother calmed his son down, "Now now Minwoo, you better be a good boy once I give you the gummy worms that you want, okay?"

The child, whose name must be Minwoo, nodded. "Yes, mommy!" And jumped in excitement.

Youngjae knew what they were about to order so he punched it in. She gave the money to him as well as Youngjae giving the receipt. Then lastly, he gave the thongs and a container to put the sweet stuff inside before they stormed to the row of candies that occupies half of the store.

Youngjae meets those kind of children everyday, or even more energetic or talkative than Minwoo. Or so he thought.

His thoughts were cut short by the sound of crashing whatsoevers. He turned to the side and saw an angry mom, with the thongs and container on the floor, and a few gummy worms (no, all) scattered on the floor, and a sheepish Minwoo.

"I'm sorry.."

"What just happened?"

"He just dropped the gummy bears, because he was too excited. I'm sorry."

"Its okay Ma'am!" He smiled. "But you'll have to pay for the damage your son caused. And also, all of the gummy bears."

 

After a long day, Youngjae's shift is about to end and he's about to close the store. He closed most of the lights off, turned off what was supposed to turn off, and was about to switch the sign outside to 'Closed'.

Until he saw little boy panting and running for his life towards Youngjae. "Wait!" The little boy's voice squeaked, and it was cute. 

Youngjae stopped and let the boy catch his breath, who was now in front of him.

"Are you closing? I'm sorry but I want to buy candy." The little boy, who was now okay, pouted. He was cute, he had a cute smile, cute face, cute everything.

I mean, how could Youngjae ignore this little boy's request? His weakness is really children. And he wouldn't mind if he went overtime for a little boy.

"Okay, little boy." Youngjae smiled. "Let's go inside."

He opened the door for the small one to come in, and the younger was giddy and excited when Youngjae granted his request. "Thank you!"

As usual, Youngjae handed the little one the thongs and tray for him to put the sweet treats in. "Can you do it? Or do you want me to pick some for you?"

The little boy beamed. "No, its okay! I can do it." Then he stormed to the candy section.

Youngjae shook his head as he arranged the rest of the stuff in this store. Until he heard the little boy speak, "Are you the only one who works here, ahjusshi?"

"Sadly, yes. Ahjusshi is always the one who opens and closes this store and the only one who works here," he replied in a somehow sad voice. But he smiles anyway.

"Because people don't come here that much?" 

"Yeah, adults don't like candy that much. That's why children are the only customers here." Youngjae is finished arranging the stuffs and was just waiting for the little boy to pay for his candy.

The little boy then went to the counter to pay, even though his height is somehow small. And he looked like the he wanted to say something to Youngjae.

"Can I bring my uncle here tomorrow?" he asked, smiling.

"Uncle? Well you can bring anyone here. So why ask?" Youngjae feels like talking to an adult.

"Because I know you feel uncomfortable when an adult customer comes in."

That moment when you realize that a little kid knows you more than you do.

"Uhh.. yeah, I guess."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter