seven. beautiful coincidence

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seven. beautiful coincidence

we don't meet people by coincidence, they are meant to cross our path for a reason - anonymous

 

~~~

 

There was nothing Mina loved more than seeing Nayeon's smile. It was strange enough, seeing her brightly smile upon meeting. Mina knew behind that smile, the older girl had to feel something for her. She knew, she just did. That's why when she was standing at her door, letting the safe amount of space exist between them, there was nothing else she could see but the bunny-toothed girl.

Until a familiar ex suddenly entered the picture and made everything more awkward. Sana was brushing her teeth, with gibberish leaving .

"Who'sdat, Nayeonah?" Sana seemed to ask through the foamy toothpaste overflowing .

Nayeon forced a smile with her cheeks turning red, "I-It's Mina. I'll be back probably after 9, so you can go ahead and sleep. You don't have to wait for me," She tried her best to seem not excited about the whole idea of going on a date with Mina, but her faltering voice spoke otherwise. Anyway, back to Mina- that girl was lovestruck at the sight of Nayeon's outfit. She wore a simple black skirt that went straight down, just an inch above her knees. Her top appearance consisted of a simple white collared shirt and a pastel pink cardigan buttoned down. She was wearing contacts for a change and seemed to be even wearing some mascara and coral lipstick.

Mina's heart fluttered at the thought of Nayeon dressing up just for her... and only her.

"Let's go, then?" Mina grinned with her gums showing, ignoring Sana's presence. Nayeon looked at her from head to toe, once again mirroring her date's actions. Mina looked not too bad herself, Nayeon thought. The younger girl wore white denim jeans and a pink knitted sweater. It's almost as if the two had communicated prior to choosing their outfits. They really did look like a couple from their appearance itself.

Nayeon glanced at Sana, who reappeared after rinsing out. She anticipated a subtle nod showing that Sana was listening to her prior words. 

"Alright, just don't be too loud when you come in. I'll be sleeping then," She nonchalantly replied before walking off. She didn't look once in Mina's direction, which somehow pinned a needle in Mina's heart. Until now, despite feeling something for Nayeon, Mina couldn't move on that easily. Unfortunately, Sana viewed the contrary.

Mina tried her best to ignore it and her first step was to offer her arm to Nayeon. The latter gladly linked her arm with her date and they walked off as the door closed with a lonely dull slam. Sana immediately craned her neck to the window, looking to see them walk out of the dorm. She was a masochist alright. A couple minutes later, the Japanese girl immediately regretted choosing to spy on the couple. As the two walked out, they were giggling and Nayeon even threw Mina a playful punch on the shoulder. Sana swallowed hard and pulled the curtains to her end, not able to watch any longer. Part of her worried that Nayeon was not even treating this as a game anymore.

Another part of her worried that her puppet would be the one to ruin her own plan in the first place.

"That fool, Nayeon... I don't need revenge. I want Mina back. When Nayeon breaks up with her... Mina will come back, running back into my arms. That's how it's supposed to end- not in any other way."

 

~~~

 

"Where are you bringing me anyway?" Nayeon tilted her head curiously. Mina smirked, "You'll see." She calmly spoke as she led her to the black convertible. She walked Nayeon around the car and opened her door for her like she was a princess. Nayeon shook her head with a smile, bowing as a sign of courtesy. Mina entered the driver's side and wore her seatbelt, simultaneously glancing in Nayeon's direction. As she saw the older girl struggle with her seatbelt, she reached over and took the higher part bring it across Nayeon's chest. As she plugged it in, their faces remained less than an inch away from each other. Nayeon felt heat run to her cheeks as her eyes blinked multiple times in embarrassment. Mina just smiled shyly and went back to her seat.

The entire car ride was silent, but it was a comforting silence. Nayeon was still thinking of why her heart raced like that when Mina's face was so close to hers. She frowned in deep thought. I can't be in love with her... I was just taken aback. After all, I've never had my first kiss.

"We're here."

Nayeon's eyes widened. She had not realized how long she had been in deep thought; long enough for an entire 15-minute drive to pass by like the wind. Mina grinned, shutting off the engine. She stepped out and raced to Nayeon's side in order to open the door for her.

"W-Where is this, Mina?"

"It's a private outdoor movie theater. Ever heard of it? Apparently, it's the new hip thing for couples to do." She casually brought up a sensitive topic to Nayeon, the 'labeling' of what they were. Nayeon wasn't sure how to react or what to say so she just kept silent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter