three. how to fall in love

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

three. how to fall in love

"... that's why it's called falling in love because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall" - unknown

 

~~~

 

Nayeon decided against confronting Mina about what she just heard. She decided that it was not time. She had to carefully think this over before doing anything. As she walked outside to get fresh air before her next class, she bumped into the answer to all her problems.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry!" The girl exclaimed. Her voice was high-pitched... somehow reminding her of a chipmunk. As the girl supported her body, she took a long look at her face. 

"Are you alright?" Nayeon asked after a long silence. The blonde nodded and looked down at her nametag.

"So you're... Im Nayeon." She spoke in familiarity. Nayeon knitted her eyebrows together, "How do you know my name?" 

The girl just awkwardly smiled, shaking her head. Something about her caused tension in the air. As of now, Nayeon could not describe it in words. There was something odd about her aura.

"Mina. As in, Mina's fangirls. It seems like people have been seeing you two together around campus. That happens to everyone who breathes the same air as her." Sana spoke like a know-it-all. Her voice sounded serious when talking about Mina. There was a dark color to the tone of her voice that once resembled a chipmunk's.

"Oh... erm, so... what's your name?" Nayeon tried to drift the subject of the conversation away, not knowing how to respond to that. 

Sana forced a smile in an attempt to lessen her intimidation, "Minatozaki Sana- but you can call me Sana."

"...Let me guess. That name tells me you're Japanese." Nayeon concluded sharply. Sana nodded with a more natural-looking smile. The suitcase behind Nayeon caught her eye, "Were you going to move into your dorm?"

Nayeon nodded, "Yeah. My next class doesn't begin until 3 in the afternoon. I was going to ask..." Suddenly Mina came into her mind again, making her frown automatically. She shook the bitter feelings away and finished her sentence.

"...someone for help, but they were too busy. Do you mind leading me to the A Building?"

Sana's eyes widened, "I live in the A building complex too. What's your room number?" She asked in anticipation. Nayeon took out a piece of paper from her skirt pocket and showed her the number, "24."

The blonde squealed in excitement, "I live in room 24! You're my roommate~ I've always wanted to have a roommate." She grinned from ear to ear. Nayeon shyly nodded with a small smile, "That's great. At least, I don't have to be anxious about whether or not we'd get along. I'm sure we'll be great friends." She happily replied. 

Sana nodded, "Well, follow me. I'll show you my perfectly clean room." 

 

~~~

 

Mina checked the clock, her heart sinking in realization. It was 11:00 AM. She had been waiting for about 30 minutes now, but the girl she was waiting for was still out of sight. She probably forgot about me... She thought out of disappointment. Jungyeon and Tzuyu had left her awhile ago and she was still here, stubbornly waiting for someone who was never going to come.

After the bell rang, which indicated the start of lunch, she dejectedly left the room and headed down to the usual cafe.

While walking there, she noticed Sana talking happily with another girl whom she couldn't recognize from afar. As she squinted her eyes to get a better view of her face, her heart dropped to her stomach.

It was Nayeon.

Why was she hanging around Sana? Out of all people, really. Mina frowned, an ominous feeling rising in her chest. 

 

~~~

 

"So..." Sana sat there at the edge of her top bunk, getting a full view of Nayeon's mess on her side of the room. After awhile of unpacking, Nayeon had become pressured by time. There was only an hour left until her next class and she still hasn't eaten lunch.

"...how about we eat lunch first and you can continue unpacking when you get back from your afternoon classes?" Sana gave her an amused grin. 

Nayeon wiped the sweat droplets on her forehead and nodded with a relieved smile. She made her way to the table and sat there, feeling exhausted. Sana went down the ladder and began to prepare her food. She had already eaten earlier, so she was still full.

"I only have ramen, if that's alright with you." Sana offered and luckily, her new roommate wasn't a picky eater. The older girl nodded like a kid, "Yeah, that's totally fine. Thanks."

With a small hum of acknowledgment, Sana prepared the hot water and sat in front of her on the small two-seater table. 

Her eyes suddenly turned serious, "Erm... please don't take it the wrong way, but I'm just curious about something..." Sana slowly tested the waters. She didn't want to be blunt with a person she just met- moreover, a person that she has to befriend no matter what.

"Sure, what is it?" 

"What exactly is your relationship with Mina?" Sana asked, her voice cold as ice. Nayeon's eyes widened at the unexpectedness of the question Sana had just asked her. She awkwardly smiled, feeling embarrassed for no reason. 

She tilted her head, "Well... I just met her today, just like I met everyone else here for the first time... She just toured me around the campus, that's all. Why?"

Sana nodded, "So... just an acquaintance, correct?"

Nayeon nodded, her eyebrows slowly meeting at the center in confusion. It seems like Sana was expecting a yes as ... but why? 

"Yeah. Why are you suddenly asking about Mina-ssi?"

Sana sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter