twelve. love intoxication

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

twelve. love intoxication

the drunk mind speaks the sober heart - unknown

~~~

"Nayeon-ah, wake up!"

Nayeon squinted her closed eyes open only to be greeted by the overenthusiastic Sana, shaking her with force. She frowned and glanced at the alarm clock before sitting up in exhaustion. She had slept near midnight, knowing Christmas vacation was starting tomorrow with the hope of sleeping in until 10. The realization came to her that she had signed up for this two-day camping trip with Jungyeon and friends. She groaned while her head throbbed. She knew that the long car ride was going to be a blast trying to sleep in a van filled with five women, including herself.

"Hurry up, or else I'm leaving without you~"

 

~~~

 

"You look nice, Nayeon."

Nayeon's eyes shifted from both women who had said the same exact thing simultaneously as if they had been planning upon when and where they would say it. Mina and Jungyeon glared at each other, and Sana awkwardly cleared as a sign of her impatience. 

"Nayeon sure gets a lot of love, huh." Sana bitterly commented from the side, feeling jealous of the attention Mina was showering upon her. She snuck her hand into Mina's front pocket of her hoodie and gave her a possessive peck on the cheek, "Show me a little love too, hm?"

Mina fought the urge to roll her eyes and her emotions worsened when Jungyeon approached Nayeon personally and picked a strand of her hair, placing it behind her ear. 

"I show you love all the time," Mina spoke in a monotone pulling herself away from Sana. Tzuyu, who was running late, finally came out of her dorm room in a mess. However, despite taking only 15 minutes to get ready, Sana's jaw dropped from how beautiful the youngest looked with her hair in a messy bun. Tzuyu stuffed her hands in the pocket of her hoodie, with her camping bag on her back. She quickened her pace, worried that she was the last of the crew.

"Sorry, Mina didn't wake me up-"

"Yup, I'm the one to blame again~" Mina sarcastically retorted, rolling her eyes with a smile. Tzuyu grinned and acknowledged Sana beside her by putting her arm around the shorter girl's shoulder, "How's my girlfriend?"

Mina's smile didn't disappear, but it her gums along with her teeth did. She awkwardly shifted her eyes away from the couple, while Sana stared carefully at the third wheeler's reaction. Tzuyu followed Sana's line of vision and her heart dropped to her stomach as she realized what she had just done. Not only was Mina unaware of their relationship, but she happened to do that in front of the ex who happened to be her best friend.

She cleared and awkwardly pulled away, but Mina's voice pricked her.

"It's alright."

The couple stared at her guiltily, but she continued to speak, with calmness in her voice. She naturally smiled, trying to appear light-hearted about all that is happening around her. "I expected it. I saw how you looked at her, Tzuyu... and Sana, it's about time you move on."

Sana was unsure of how to feel. This was the first time she had thought about moving on from the past. Mina's words made her think of her vengeful plan and preventing her from loving Nayeon. She was preventing her from moving on, because she herself could not. Guilt pierced her heart as she realized the one thing that differentiated her and Mina.

Mina wanted her to be happy and continue to love; she did not.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, Mina. I was scared you would be mad at us..." Tzuyu looked down in guilt.

Mina's smile didn't disappear, but Sana saw how the small gesture of her lips slowly became bitter like the cold.

"No, in fact... I think I know someone else who is also in love with my ex." Mina spoke bitterly as she glanced to her right, spotting a couple about two feet away from them. Jungyeon's back was facing her, but Nayeon happened to already be staring at the one victim of this mess.

 

~~~

 

Jungyeon drove the minivan (being the dad that she is), with a bunch of blankets on the passenger seat. At first, Jungyeon wanted Nayeon to sit beside her to keep her awake for about 40 minutes, but since she saw how sleepy the older girl was, she insisted on letting her sleep at the back. Sana and Tzuyu slept at the top section of the van, while Mina and Nayeon awkwardly sat on the opposite ends of the first level.

It was not long until Mina finally ushered Nayeon to sit next to her on the lounge area. Nayeon's head kept bobbing as she struggled to try sleeping on the floor while leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Nayeon-ah, sit here."

Nayeon closed and shyly wiped the drool threatening to fall out any second. She drowsily nodded and crawled on top of the lounge, deciding to lean on the farthest wall from Mina's spot. The latter rolled her eyes and inched closer, placing Nayeon's head on her shoulder.

"Mm... Mina, you're comfy." She subconsciously mumbled, leaning into her collarbone.

Mina's breath hitched and she shifted in discomfort. Her heart skipped a beat again like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter