five. i need you

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

five. i need you

love is needing someone. love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you. - sarah dessen

 

~~~

 

Nayeon lost track of how long she had been staring into Mina's eyes staring into hers. Once Mina's eyes drifted down to her guitar, Nayeon felt awake again in their current reality. A few seconds ago, it was just the two of them in this world, but Sana came into her line of vision.

Instead of asking her if she was alright, Sana gave her a look that Nayeon knew in a split second. Right, this is all a play. All of this isn't real. 

She isn't real, Nayeon subconsciously thought to herself as Mina started to sing the first note.

"With my old guitar
I’ll take all the confessions I couldn’t say
All the things I swallowed inside
And tell you right now as if I made it into a song
Just listen, I’ll sing for you

I love you so much but I don’t tell you that I love you
It’s awkward, my pride won’t allow me
I’ll take courage and tell you today
But just listen without much thought, I’ll sing for you

The way you cry, the way you smile
Do you know how much you mean to me?
Words I wanna say, words I lost
I’ll confess to you but just listen
I’ll sing for you, sing for you
Just listen and smile..."

Mina glanced up for a split second and saw Nayeon's eyes forming hearts. She smiled in success, gaining more courage to belt the last notes. The audience watched her sing in awe. No one knew that Mina could sing. It was only today that Mina had thrown away her pride just to sing for Nayeon.

"Geunyang deureoyo... I’ll sing for," She strum the guitar one last time before staring directly at Nayeon, "...you."

As the audience roared with applause and whistling, Mina stood up and adjusted the mic to , with her guitar strap hanging by her shoulder. 

"I sang this for someone I wronged so many times this week... Truthfully, I know this song won't replace her broken glasses, but... I just want her to know how sorry I am." Mina sincerely spoke, gaining many confused looks.

Sana glanced at Nayeon who was now red as a tomato. She shyly evaded Mina's stare, but unfortunately, to her, Mina wanted the whole world to know who that 'someone' was. "Well, that's it, everyone. I hope you all liked my performance; aside from that one girl, this song was also sung for each and every one of you."

 

The talent show ended with Mina winning second place and another pianist beating her to first place. Truthfully, Mina did not even expect to gain a place in the top three. All she wanted to do was to sing for Nayeon as a sincere apology, but she lucked out. As someone who's extremely popular and well-recognized around the campus, Mina has quite a low self-esteem when it comes to her singing. It's been a while since she's last held a mic and today has been a new experience for her grown voice.

"You did well, Mina-ssi." Nayeon greeted Mina out of the blue, while she was accepting compliments from other students- mostly her fans and fellow classmates. Finally, Nayeon had approached her while she was alone carrying two flower bouquets and a medium silver trophy in another hand. She flashed Nayeon her brightest smile and nodded, "Thank you. You know that song was directed for you, right?"

Nayeon shyly nodded, her eyes slowly drifting to the carpet floor in embarrassment. She felt many stares from those exiting the auditorium which caused her to feel conscious. She awkwardly looked everywhere except into Mina's eyes, which seemed to shoot lasers into her.

"Well, yeah... That's all I wanted to say. I should get going now," Nayeon rushed their conversation to the ending point. She turned around, but Mina's voice rose into the air again.

"So... am I forgiven?"

Nayeon turned around, her eyes still empty of her round specs. She slowly nodded, not entirely sure of what to say. All she wanted was for Mina to let her go, but it seems like she would not if she hadn't said yes.

"Great, I'll see you around then, Nayeon."

 

~~~

 

"Is it true, Sana-chan? Was that song really for you? Will you accept her back into your life?"

Sana sighed for the umpteenth time since the talent show ended. At this point, she really wishes that she and Mina were not the #1 campus couple in the past. Until now, there are still a bunch of shippers that refuse to let the legendary '2na' couple be buried in the past. She was now sitting under a tree, waiting for Dahyun, her other close friend.

"No, that song wasn't for her."

A familiar voice came from behind. Sana looked over her shoulder. At first, she couldn't tell who the plaid skirt belonged to, but once she saw the person's tan knees her intuition sent messages to her brain.

She stretched her neck, looking beyond the tree. Indeed, it was that girl.

The tall girl crossed her arms as she faced the three fangirls, who were now fidgeting at the sight of the second most popular girl in front of them looking unamused. "T-then who?" The one in the middle courageously asked. 

The intimidating girl resisted the urge to roll her eyes at that moment, "Im Nayeon. The rumored girl that my friend Mina likes."

"T-Tzuyu," Sana muttered out of disbelief. She did not expect the younger girl to announce it so casually, but Tzuyu did not seem to care. The tall brunette stretched her neck by rotating her head, making obvious cracking sounds.

"Now, if you may excuse us. I still have to talk to your 'Sana-chan'," Tzuyu mocked. The three freshmen bowed and left, obviously whispering to eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter