four. she's special

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

four. she's special

"anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart" - anonymous

 

~~~

 

Nayeon went back to their dorm, feeling exhausted from her last class, which ended at 7:30. Sana trailed along behind her, not wanting too many students to know their connection to each other. As they both arrived in their room, Sana closed the door behind her. She squinted her eye into the peeping hole, guaranteeing that no one would be listening to their conversation. She approached the very exhausted Nayeon, who was already sinking in the bean bag chair next to her bed. To be quite frank, Nayeon would not be this drained if not for Mina's stupid antics. The way Mina stared at her during class, the way she smirked at her after she had choked on her spit, just the way Mina breathed alone brought Nayeon to the edge. She had no idea how she would survive sitting next to her for the next classes to come until the semester ended. Heck, she did not even know how she would survive being her girlfriend.

"You alright?" Sana asked, despite knowing the answer already from Nayeon's slumped posture and expression. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes tiredly, "Sana, I don't think I can do this... She annoys the heck out of me."

Sana smirked, "That's good, then. You won't have trouble following the main rule which is not to fall for her. You're perfect for the 'pretend girlfriend' position-" She joked, gaining another sigh from Nayeon.

"No, as in... I can't. I simply can't pretend to love her... it's hard enough pretending to like her as a friend. What's worse is that it's only been a day. And to be honest, I'm someone who usually has no trouble tolerating people... then there's Mina. She's a different case," Nayeon spoke seriously, with no signs of exaggeration in her voice. She shook her head in awe. She could not believe that there was a college student who had their head in the clouds during an important lesson. 

Sana took a seat next to her on the tall wooden stool. She tilted her head, "You're quite fascinating. I've never met anyone who hated Mina to an extent. I mean, she might be playful, but people usually like that trait of hers. What did she even whisper to you during class?"

Nayeon opened in horror as she remembered those words again. She buried her face in her palms and shook her head, "You don't want to know... ugh, she's ridiculous."

The blonde who was secretly jealous, leaned her body closer out of curiosity, "Tell me, what was it?" 

The older girl made a disgusted face, "'Teach me how to love' is what she said. That was by far the corniest pick-up line I had received in my life."

Sana forced herself to chuckle, but deep inside her heart sunk to the bottom pit of her stomach. Mina was like that to her before too, when everything was just starting. She smiled bitterly and nodded, "Very insincere, right?" She commented. 

Nayeon nodded, not suspecting a single thing. She looked down at the floor and closed her eyes, "Maybe I can just tell her that I know everything and end this now?" She suggested, but Sana suddenly held her hands and strongly shook her head. 

"Please, Nayeon... endure this a little longer. You're my only hope... I'm sure you will be my perfect weapon. Do this, please? At least for me... do it for the nights that I cried myself to sleep. Do this for all the other girls she hurt before. You'll be a hero." Sana persuaded with her glowing eyes. Nayeon had a difficult time saying no to that face. She pressed her lips into a thin line and shrugged, "I guess I have no choice... I'll try my hardest."

 

~~~

 

The sun rose at 6:30 AM, entering her room like a light of positivity and energy. Except, Nayeon wasn't completely feeling positive as she opened her eyes. Somehow, she had fallen asleep without even finishing her only homework. She still had a lot to catch up on, but because of how she insisted on unpacking her baggage first and folding her clothes into her new closet, she ended up finishing at around 10 that night. She had to finish her only homework from last night which was the practice packet from Mrs. Kang- the teacher who gave no freebies to transfer students. She hissed at the sudden realization that Mrs. Kang's class was her first class today since it was her last one yesterday. 

I guess I'll just have to tell her the truth... it's better than cheating for last minute answers.

She stood up and went to the bathroom in preparation for class.

 

 

As she entered Mrs. Kang's class, her head hung low in guilt. Her father used to tell her "Back in college, during my time... if you didn't have your homework, you would be kicked out of class. That's how college is, hun." And now, for the first time... she was here, empty handed on her second day at a new school. She took a seat next to Mina, while the other students were at the front of the classroom, handing in their assignments. She dug through her sticky briefcase, taking out her packet with no answers. She sighed, oblivious to Mina's curious stares.

Mina suddenly took out her own and started to erase something on it. She suddenly wrote something quick and handed it to Nayeon, taking her packet instead. Nayeon quirked an eyebrow at her, noticing the name at the top.

Im Nayeon.

She sighed in disbelief, "Mina, I will not accept this-"

Mina feigned ignorance, leaning back in her seat, "Why? Did I spell your name wrong this time?"

Nayeon rolled her eyes and shoved the paper back in Mina's hands, "Stop. Just go hand it in... with YOUR name on top."

"Miss Myoui, do you have your homework?" The teacher spoke out of the blue, not hearing any of the previous conversation because of the students crowding around her. Nayeon made an attempt to snatch back her original homework, but Mina stood up, preventing her from taking it back. She swiftly rose it in the air, "I do not, ma'am. Sorry. As usual, I'll hand it in late." 

Nayeon sprang up from her seat and shook her head, "She does, Mrs. Kang."

She took the completed homework and brought it to her desk. Mrs. Kang eyed it while Mina followed after Nayeon.

The teacher raised an eyebrow, "It says your name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter