eleven. fake kindness

The Girl Who Fell in Her Own Trap [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eleven. fake kindness

i am very cautious of people whose actions don't match their words  - alex elle

~~~

Nayeon ran to the elevator, with tears rushing down like waterfalls. She sobbed uncontrollably, knowing nobody will see her at this time. It was currently past midnight and almost all the corridors were quiet as a mouse. She left the dorm and decided to take a small walk to clear her mind. However, she wasn't at peace. She couldn't stop crying with the thought of Mina. That girl. That stupid, stupid girl!

"Ah!" Nayeon's mind had been floating in the clouds for so long, she did not realize she was walking on a dark pathway. A body collided with hers and she looked up. It was her. The girl who started this all.

She bit her lip as her heart started to boil again with anger. She started to hit the short-haired girl in front of her, like a cat trying to annoy a puppy. She cried while doing so, blaming every ounce of pain she felt on this innocent, frightened woman. 

"Woah, woah, Nayeon it's me! Jungyeon!" The taller girl cluelessly shouted, grabbing ahold of the girl's tiny wrists. She frowned, seeing her red puffy eyes. Without another second of hesitation, she wrapped her arms around her thin frame and slowly patted her back. Nayeon just sobbed into her collarbone and continued to mindlessly punch her. Jungyeon sighed, not because she felt hurt by Nayeon's punching. In fact, her punches were weak... probably weak from all the pain she has gone through.

Jungyeon pushed her away, as much as she wanted to keep hugging her like this. She cupped her face and wiped her tears, intently staring into her eyes. Nayeon awkwardly looked away and shyly pressed her lips together, "Thank...you." She croaked silently.

The short-haired girl nodded and pulled her to the side, taking a seat on the bench.

"Mina's the reason why you cried, right?"

Silence. Nayeon weakly nodded although she wanted to so badly blame Jungyeon as well. The latter just nodded, not knowing what to say. She took a breath and hoped to the stars above her. Perhaps, she could end her pain now. She could erase Mina in her life. It's not been long anyway for Nayeon to get attached to Mina. She could still win her over.

"Why don't you just forget about her?"

Nayeon glanced at Jungyeon's face, hiding in the moonlight. She could see the hope in her eyes and it crushed her heart that she had realized it just now. She wanted to deny seeing it. She couldn't bear breaking a heart even though hers was already broken.

"I should, shouldn't I?" Nayeon smiled bitterly. 

"A lot of people are out there, wanting, waiting to be loved. When they finally are, they don't accept it because they think they deserve someone else's love. Isn't that selfish?" She spoke outloud, not sure if she was still speaking to Jungyeon or herself.

Jungyeon shook her head, "I think... it's just unfortunate for the other person. It's not selfish, though. Love can't be forced. But... maybe it can grow over time?"

Nayeon smiled again, this time... a sad one. She looked at Jungyeon, "You really think so?"

The taller girl leaned back with a shrug and a small shy smile. She had a hunch that Nayeon already knew what was in her mind. She looked at her and tilted her head, "How about we try in order to see if it is true?"

The older girl sighed and shook her head, the corners of her lips slightly rising in guilt, "Jungyeon, I don't want to make you a rebound. You're a nice friend. I don't want to hurt you-"

"We're just starting, Nayeon-ssi. At least give me a chance to prove that I really do like you."

Nayeon thought about the bet and the plan. She had so many questions that she wanted to be answered. Why was Jungyeon suddenly falling for her, when she was the initiator of the bet? Was this all another part of her plan? Did she purposely tell Mina to go along with the bet to make Nayeon dislike her? She wanted so badly, to ask Jungyeon about the bet... but right now was not the right time. Nayeon still had to avenge Sana, she still had to get the truth out of Mina... 

"Alright. But I can't assure you that love can truly grow over time. Like you said, love can't be forced."

 

~~~

 

The following day, Nayeon woke up with a knocking on the door and she immediately panicked. She cocked an eyebrow in confusion. She was always awakened by her alarm in the morning. Even when she had no morning classes, she had an alarm for when she had to eat breakfast. That's why when she heard abrupt knocking on the door, she bolted from her bed.

She checked her phone. It was only 6:30 AM. She groaned in disbelief, but the next thing that crossed her mind was the idea of slaughtering the person who took away two extra hours of sleep.

Hopping off her bunk, she groggily approached the door,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter