Chapter 3

Cold But Warm

Byul P.O.V

EunWoo and MoonBin stayed over since their house was far from where we were. I was in the kitchen planning to help the maids and they all bowed to me in unision. I smiled at them when suddenly SoonYoung came up to me nudging my shoulder.

SoonYoung: Aye, you're up early~

Me: Yea... I wanted to help around here *shruges*

SoonYoung: Alright~ I have to go to JooHeon now~ Seeya later Byul~

Me: Bye *smiles*

SoonYoung was the closest to me next to EunWoo and MoonBin. He often came to me when I had my problem and when EunWoo was not around. Now that SoonYoung was promoted to head of the butlers, he's been so busy that he doesn't really have time for me and Seol anymore. Suddenly while I was going to put the dishes on the dining table, I saw Seol going out with a black hoodie on. I wanted to call for her but was distracted when the maid called me for help. Seol had left by then and I just sighed. She's been acting weirdly since yesterday's incident. I went to see that the food was ready and I helped carry them to the table. My parents came down with the two boys smiling at me when they saw me helping. After greeting my parents, MoonBin titled his head in a confused way while I looked at him.

MoonBin: Where's Seol?

Dad: Is she not in her room?

Me: Calm down, I saw her going out just now. 

Mom: This early? For what?

Me: I didn't get a chance to ask her... Sorry mom...

Mom: *smiles* It's not your fault Byul... Now let's begin breakfast *smiles*

Everyone nodded and started eating. EunWoo grabbed the bread for me and I smiled blushing. He was smiling sweetly at me going back to devour his bread as well. I shook my head and begin spreading the butter on the bread while thinking of Seol. I sighed and jumped a little when my phone rang. I glanced at my parents and they just gave me a funny look. I checked the ID and it was JongIn. My heart was beating fast, it wasn't for a good reason I can tell you that. I excused myself and clicked the answer button. He sounded like he was in a soothing place so I listened to what he has to say.

JongIn: Hey babe~ You busy?

Me: Uuh.. I-I was just having breakfast...

JongIn: Want to hang out today? I heard a new mall just opened~

I felt disgusted at the way he talked to me because of what I've seen yesterday. I wonder how many girls has he tricked before me. I've made up my mind to stop things with him for now and just continue as friends.

Me: *bits lip* Listen... JongIn... I have something to tell you...

JongIn: What's wrong babe? Something wrong...?

Me: I saw you yesterday w-with another girl... 

JongIn: *silence*

Me: A-and I think we s-should take a break...

JongIn: Are you breaking up with me?!

Me: *flinch* It's for the best... *bits lips*

JongIn: Was everything I did for you not worth it?! Why are you doing this to me?!

Me: I wouldn't have done it if you weren't with that girl yesterday! I saw everything JongIn... Things you did to her... I can't go on with you like this... *sniff*

JongIn: *scoff* How do I if you're cheating on me as well...?

Me: What...?

JongIn: You're always with that EunWoo guy... How do I know if you're not cheating on me with him?

Tears streamed down my eyes. How could say those? I thought he loved me... I was about to answer when somebody suddenly snatched my phone away from me. I looked up to see a very angry EunWoo while he held my phone into his ears.

EunWoo: I dare you make her cry again and you won't see tomorrow's sunlight you bastard... 

He hung up and held my shoulders. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I faced the floor and she pulled me into his embrace. I cried into his shirt and He my hair and tried his best to comfort me. I calmed down a little and he broke the hug wiping my tears for me. My gloomy eyes looked into his but he showed concern. I shook my head trying to tell him I saw OK but I guess he didn't buy it. He pulled me somewhere while my feet just followed him. We reached the huge music hall; my dad only use this room for special occations. He sat me down beside him in front of the piano. A sudden nudge from him and he smiled brightly, something I liked from him; his smile always brighten me up no matter what. He then played a key and smiled. I cocked my head earning a chuckled from him.

EunWoo: It's been a long time since I played the piano for you~ I'm guessing I could use this moment *smiles*

Me: You working on something new?

EunWoo: I actually am~ Wanna listen to it? 

Me: Of course!! 

*Tip: Listen to the first version of Innocent Love during this part; You can also skip the lyrics*

He started playing the intro of the song and soon I could hear his beautiful voice.

'The tears won't stop
You were my first love
The reason our breakup was because
You were my first love

The unforgottable places
And promises we've made
I cant see you there anymore

I know
I know
I know

I also know that innocent love
Even if i'm young i know what pain feels like
I'm just unfimiliar with this idea of breaking up

You were my first love
The love i'm regretful for
The love i'm grateful for (cr: 
http://btobeastro.blogspot.my/2015/10/astro-innoncent-love.html)

While he was playing, my heart couldn't help but beat in a faster pace. He looked at his face and he showed passion to his music. I closed my eyes remembering memories I had with him and smiled. How we used to play around in the castle when we were younger, how he would always comforrt me when I'm sad, how he would always be by my side even if I've made countless mistakes. My mind then wondered to what if he were to leave? He would have to find a girlfriend and live his life too right? What would my life be like without EunWoo anymore? Will I be lonely? Will I be sad? All the emotions came to me and unconsciously, tears began to form again. I didn't even notice him finishing the song already. I felt a thumb on my cheek and opened my eyes seeing another concerned look on his face.

EunWoo: Yah, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?

Me: N-no! Of course not... I was just thinking about something... 

EunWoo: Is it about JongIn?

Me: No... It's nothing really... *smiles* *sniff* 

EunWoo: You know you can tell me anything right? *smiles* You shouldn't bottle it up...

Me: I know *smiles* But I'm fine.. Trust me *smiles*

EunWoo: *ruffles my hair* Alright~ did you like the song?

Me: Of course I did!! You are a great musician I tell you

EunWoo: Thanks Byul... *smiles sweetly*

Me: Wanna go out side? I wanna try my powers again *smiles*

EunWoo: Only if you're careful...

We went out into the cold after informing my parents. MoonBin was bored as well so he joined us. We reached outside and I saw the beautiful white snow just all over the place. Good thing we were inside the castle or else people are going to see me and think I am a monster. I held out my palm and felt the adrenaline rush again. This time I could control it. Ice formed on my palm and I knew I was ready. I stepped on the snow to build a base while the two gentlemen were staring in awe. I looked at them and they were surprised to see my eyes; they turnt ice blue. I kept on building ice and finally build a mini castle. My eyes turnt back to the original brown while I slumped onto the ground. Using my powers sure do use up a lot of energy, maybe I just need more practice.

EunWoo came to my side and held me up supporting my weak body. He shook his head playfully and we went back into the castle. Once I sat down on the sofa, I realized, Seol hasn't been back since this morning. I looked at the time and as if by que, she walked in from the front door and gave me look I've never seen before. She then eyed the other boys and went up to her room. I was hurt from her expression since she wasn't like this before... EunWoo patted my back and shook his head. 

 

To Be Continued~~ I wanted to do a double update but my laptop is dying and its really late now ToT I'll update again tomorrow!! Remember to give in comments on where I could and should improve, or maybe just what you think about this story so far :3 I always welcome room for improvements and also encouraging comments ^^ Hope to here from you guys soon~ Bye for now :p