Chapter 1

Cold But Warm

Byul's P.O.V

I was in my room glancing out into the cold winter. My parents were already ready to retire from the kingdom and they plan to pass it down to me. My younger sister didn't mind that but the burden is real, plus I might have to marry my boyfriend soon which I am not ready for. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I turned to see my sister Seol. She came in and I patted the seat beside me. She sat down and I smiled at her. She seemed uncomfortable so I patted her shoulder making her flinch. I was worried so I urged her to talk to me. 

Me: Hey, is there anything wrong?

Seol: You won't freeze me right...? With that touch?

Me: Huh...?

Seol: You're palm on my shoulder...

Me: Oh...! No I won't freeze you *smiles* 

Seol: *smiles* Well EunWoo called and he asked if you wanted to go out with them for a walk. 

Me: Really? sure~ I'll just text JongIn about it. 

Seol: Alright, I'll be downstairs waiting~

She let my room and I went to get a warmer jacket to put on. I took my phone and texted my boyfriend just to let him know. 

Byul: Hey, I'm gonna go out with EunWoo and Seol. You wanna come along?

JongIn: Nah I'm busy. Have fun :)

Byul: Oh... Alright... :)

I sighed and locked my phone going out. He's been acting weird lately. I walked down the stairs seeing EunWoo and MoonBin on our sofa. My sister was gone so I tilted my head. EunWoo smiled at me and I hugged both of them.

EunWoo: Seol went to get something *smiles*

Me: Oh Alright~ *giggles*

MoonBin: How are you after you found out about you ice power?

Me: Still a bit scared but I'm getting used to it. Though Seol is still scared. *sighs*

Seol: Did I hear my name? 

MoonBin: Oh you're back~ Let's get going then :3

We walked out from the castle and informed my butler to tell my parents and left with my friends. We walked into the streets and luckily not a lot of people recognize us... yet. I walked beside EunWoo while my sister was beside MoonBin. We were all childhood bestfriends but I knew MoonBin had something for my sister. I chuckled at that thought making EunWoo nudge my shoulder. 

EunWoo: You're being creepy *chuckles*

Me: Am I? 

EunWoo: Well for something laughing at nothing, you don't say~?

Me: I'm just thinking of something *meh rong*

We went to eat and walked around a park. Snow was everywhere and no one was even in the park. Seol was sitting on the ground while I was just standing there. Being gifted with the ice power, I was ok with the cold weather. Seol suddenly looked at me and grinned. 

Seol: Make a snowman Byul~!

Me: But...- 

Seol: C'mon~ No one's here anyways *grins*

Me: Alright... *bits lip*

EunWoo: *hold my shoulder* Don't over do it *smiles*

I nodded and held my hands out. The Adrenaline rush was back and soon ice was coming out from my palms. From there I built a few blocks of ice and I could tell that Seol was excited. It was only few years ago that I found out I had such powers my parents were cool about it and my friends well I only knew a couple of people other than those who stay in the castle. I have no idea how the people in the kingdom would think if I tell the public. Going back to JongIn, what is it with him? Why does he seem so distant now? Does he not love me anymore...?

While I was in my thoughts, I kind of lost control and the ice pieces cut my palms. Blood oozed into the snow and I hissed. EunWoo came to my side and checked on me.

EunWoo: Yah! You ok?! What were you doing?

Me: I-i'm ok... *hiss*

EunWoo: That's enough for now... Let's get you back home... 

He took out a piece of cloth and wrapped it around my palm. I smiled at him and we walked back to the castle. Suddenly there was a familiar figure walking with a smaller figure beside him. I stopped walking realising it was JongIn and I froze. EunWoo and the rest were confused looking at what I was staring at. I picked up my phone with my bloody hand and dialed his number. The phone of the male figure rang and he picked up.

Me: Hey Jong... Was wondering what you were doing...

JongIn: *glances at girl* I'm ah.. I'm at home babe~ What about you?

Me: Oh... Um.. Well I'm just getting something to eat...

JongIn: Are you Ok? *smiles at girl*

Me: I-I'm ok... Really.. 

JongIn: Oh well, I'll call you back later then *pokes girl's sides*

I hung up immediately and saw JongIn leaning in to kiss the girl. Suddenly someone closed my eyes making my tears flow. He dragged me away and I sobbed softly.

End of Byul P.OV

Seol P.O.V

I saw my elder sister making the ice snowman and suddenly she cut her palm. EunWoo ran straight to her and I was feeling uncomfortable. He took out a cloth and wrapped it around her palm making me boil inside. Although she doesn't know this but I had feelings for EunWoo. I just found out few weeks ago and was planning to confess to him soon but my sister was in the way. She suddenly stopped while walking back and we stared at a direction. 

She suddenly called JongIn and wow. We just found out he cheated on Byul in her face. He suddenly leaned in and kissed the girl but EunWoo closed her eyes. My heart broke and MoonBin just patted my back. We were walking back to the castle but JongIn made eye contact with me. He adverted his gaze and we reached home. EunWoo immediately called for the first aid kit and helped Byul with the wound. I couldn't bare to watch the scene so I went up to my room ignoring those that were looking at me. 

I took my phone and dialed a person's phone. He picked up clearly pissed and I smirked. This is going to be fun

 

This chapter is literal . I'm so sorry OTL But I'll make it nicer in the next chapter cuz now I'm having the writers block and I'm still thinking of updating WHEN ANGEL MEETS DEVIL :3 Once again thanks to Mochi & Mochi (designer: smileb) for this wonderful poster :)