These Weird Boys (pt 2)

Lock and Key

“Ha!”

“Ha!”

“HAH!”

I turned around to see Seokmin, Seungkwan, and Soonyoung running at full speed towards me. They stopped and grinned at me.

“What is it now?”

“You’re not that busy right now are you?” Hoshi asked me.

“Well—”

“Well, that’s perfect,” Seungkwan and Seokmin began dragging me to their practice room. They plopped me onto a chair and began scheming something a distance away from me. Wonwoo and Joshua came to sit next to me.

“What’s going on?” I asked them. They both shook their heads.

“It’s the Gag Trio. None of us know what goes on in their heads,” Joshua said.

“They’re quite unpredictable,” Wonwoo added.

“But you’ll love their antics either way,” Minghao came over with Jun to watch the show.

“You interested in any of them Nari?” Mingyu sat next to Wonwoo.

“Not really,” I said. “I think I like somebody else.”

I glanced over at Mingyu and Wonwoo but only Mingyu caught my eye. Yubin came in with some snacks, distributing them to everyone. The lights suddenly turned off and a spotlight focused on the trio of boys in front of us. Orange Caramel’s Catallena began to play.

“Ha!”

“Ha!”

“HAH!”

Each time, they would flip their heads up, making their hair go up too, and pose with a ridiculous facial expression. As they continued the dance, overdoing the moves, I couldn’t stop the laughter building up and laughed with the rest of the members. As they finished up their performance, taking a bow, everyone clapped for them. They continued to mess and joke around with us, making us laugh constantly. Everyone spilled the time when Seokmin had pronounced twenty as two-teen, making him laugh with embarrassment as I patted his back.

“I’m sure we’ve all had those moments Seokmin,” I said. As the hours flew by with much laughter, we decided to call it a day. Yubin and Mingyu walked me home, dropping by to grab a few more groceries. I suddenly felt someone staring at me and looked around but saw no one looking my way. Maybe it’s my imagination… We made it home, cooking ourselves dinner.

“Aren’t you going to ask where our parents are?” Yubin asked me as we finished tidying up the kitchen.

“I already know. They sent me a text the day they left,” I said and went upstairs to shower.

“Hey Nari, what’s your ideal type?” Seungcheol asked me the next day at school.

“My ideal type?” I repeated. “Well, if you're talking about someone in particular…”

“Yes?”

“Then there really isn’t anyone I know of. But my ideal type…”

“Is?”

“I don’t know, I rarely think about those kinds of things,” I said simply. I could see Seungcheol deflate and laughed as we sat down. However, his question stayed in my mind the entire day.

Jun slid over a piece of paper to me during our last class. Looking down at it, I saw at the top in messy scribbled handwriting: List of ideal types to choose from:

And after that, 13 different writing styles followed, giving me one word to choose from, which I assumed was one of their main charms. I ended up choosing romantic, talented, and protective and passed the paper back to Jun. He looked at it, quickly passing it to the member behind him until the end of the lesson.

“Romantic, talented, and protective?” Mingyu questioned me as we walked home, Yubin in tow, reading a book behind us.

“Something wrong with that?” I looked at him and he shook his head.

“Nothing. You just didn’t seem like the type who needed protecting or likes romance.”

“Every girl likes romance, even if they say they don’t.”

We reached our place and I immediately went to go do my homework so I could shower and relax after. I went out to the bathroom, where the door was still closed. I knocked on it.

“Yeah?” Mingyu's voice asked from the other side.

“Are you done?”

“Yeah, just open the door,” he said and I didn’t think much and opened it. To my surprise, Mingyu was standing with his back to me, shirtless, as he dried up his hair. I stared at his tanned back for a few seconds before quickly covering my eyes and attempting to back away but ended up bumping into the door. Mingyu held onto my shoulders, laughing a bit.

“Nari, it’s okay, relax,” he said. I shook my head violently.

“This is not okay!” I said shrilly. “Just… let me shower okay?”

“Alright, alright,” he said, patting my back and shutting the door. I uncovered my eyes, sighing, shaking my head to get rid of his shirtless image. But his arms were so toned… and his back… oh my gosh stop it Hong Nari! Why are you thinking such weird thoughts? I finished my shower and dried my hair, flopping onto my bed.

“Why am I like this today?” I asked into my pillow.

“Nari!” Yubin stepped into my room.

“Yubin. What’s up?”

“It’s the weekend tomorrow. Shall we all go to the amusement park that’s opening up soon?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said and he seemed disappointed with my one word answer.

“Alright then, we’ll be leaving at 10:30 tomorrow.”

“Wake me up if I’m late,” I said, yawning. He laughed.

“Sure thing. Good night,” he said, shutting my door behind him.