Few Years Later...

Lock and Key

I woke up to find myself in Mingyu’s arms. He was still sleeping, with a silly smile on his face. I remembered what had happened last night and looked down at my hand, where the ring glittered in the morning sunlight. I glanced down at his hand, which was still holding onto mine, and saw my father’s ring on his finger, next to SEVENTEEN’s team ring. As i stared at his sleeping face, he suddenly woke up, startling me.

“Morning,” he said, his voice still tainted with sleep.

“Good morning,” I said back to him, stretching. He poked my sides and I gave a little yelp, punching him for his deed.

“I’m sorry!” he said, shielding himself from my attacks. He grabbed my waist and pulled us down together so he was laying on top of me. “Let’s stay like this all day?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, you’re heavy!” I tried pushing him off me but he refused to move. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, which made me freeze up. He laughed and got off of me.

“Breakfast time?” he offered me his hand and I took it. He helped me up and we gathered up the blankets and walked back inside, where Yubin was barely getting up as well.

“Morning guys,” he yawned.

“Morning,” Mingyu and I both said at the same time. Yubin smiled.

“All was well last night?”

“Yep,” I said, cracking eggs in the pan. Mingyu was next to me, making toast.

“You look like a newlywed couple from behind,” Yubin joked.

“We will be in a few years,” Mingyu replied as I hit him. “What? It’s true!”

“Well...” I trailed off. Yubin laughed.

“I can’t wait to tell the rest of the people!”

-few hours later-

“YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED?!” everyone in the house yelled with wide eyes except for Yubin, Mingyu, and me. Mingyu nodded happily and took my hand.

“You’re all invited of course.”

“We’d kill you if we weren’t,” Seungcheol said. Jiseok nodded in agreement.

-few years later-

“Oi. Kim Mingyu. Wake up will ya?” I shook my fiancé to wake him up. He groaned.

“Can’t we stay in bed for a bit more?” he muttered, mumbling nonsense I couldn’t understand right after. I sighed.

“You can’t remember? It’s D-day, you’ll be late,” I said. He puckered his lips.

“Kiss,” he said, holding out his arms. Reluctantly, I leaned down towards him, giving him a peck but wasn’t fast enough when he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto the bed with him.

“Mingyu...”

“Just for 5 more minutes?”

“I’d love to but I just wanna say that you’ll be 20 minutes late if we stay here.”

“What?” he hurried out of bed, getting himself ready. I snickered, knowing it was still early. As he took off his shirt, I immediately covered my eyes, something I did every time he took off his shirt. He laughed, coming over and giving me a backhug. His arms were strong and I could feel his abs on my back.

“Hey...” I turned to face him and he caught my lips with his. We stayed like this for a minute until we were both breathless “Hurry and change.”

He smiled and let me leave his room. A few minutes later, he was dressed and eating breakfast at the table.

“You guys will do great. Just be yourselves,” I said. I handed him some huge packages with all 13 lunches. “Tell everyone I said hi alright?”

I gave him a peck on his cheek, which made him grin from ear to ear, and closed the door. Yubin came over.

“They’ll be fine. It’s been a while. They’ve trained very hard for this,” he reassured me.

“But now, it’s time for the real question: when are we gonna start planning the wedding?”

We both turned to see Mrs. Kim going down the stairs.

“Today, of course. Mingyu’s been waiting for this day for ages. He can’t stop talking about it,” Yubin said. After a few more phone calls, we had a team of people ready. Yubin would fill in for Mingyu, who would know his taste best. After getting measurements for the suit and dresses, I began the dress selection.

“This is so hard, I don’t know which one to pick!” I was stressing out already.

“Have you narrowed it down yet?” Yubin peeked over my shoulder.

“I’ve got like 10 choices that I can’t pick from,” I sighed. Yubin picked up a pair of scissors and began snipping out the dresses carefully.

“Then we’ll randomly pick it out and if you don’t like the one you pick, you can pick again,” he said, finishing his cutting and throwing them inside the cap he was wearing. After shaking them around, he allowed me to pick from it. In the end, I had picked out a long white layered dress that fanned out from the waist down. The top part had simple long sleeves since it was getting colder. I paired it up with the diamond necklace he had given me for our 2 year anniversary.

“You make me shine like a diamond, my beautiful carat,” he had said, making me cringe and hit him out of embarrassment because everyone was watching. Woozi had fallen to the floor, his hands and feet shriveling up. We had all laughed it off and I gave him a kiss.

“Would that watch you gave him for your 3rd year go well with the suit?” Yubin asked me.

“White watch, black suit? I like that combo,” Mrs. Kim said. As the planning continued well into the night, I began to grow sleepy. Yubin looked up from the invitations he was designing and smiled.

“Did you want to sleep?”

“No, I wanna stay up until Mingyu comes back,” I yawned. “I’m fine, really.”

We continued until our team of people left. Mingyu came back home shortly after they left, grinning.

“We made it!” he said and we all cheered, congratulating him.

“I knew you would,” I said. I yawned and he immediately frowned.

“Let’s sleep,” he said, leading me upstairs to go to sleep. He hopped into bed with me and I grinned sleepily at his chest.

“Good job today. I’m proud of you,” I said sleepily.

“Good night Nari,” he chuckled.