Sounds like fun

It's Been You All Along

Author’s POV

Friday.

Second period.

“So as some of you heard, there will be a trip next week. We will going to the mountains and be staying in a house. The principal has already given me his consent so we will be able to go freely. I want this to be a fun experience for you guys. You guys haven’t had much school fun since school started and I want to change that. We’ll go see nature together and enjoy the perks of being out of the city for a little while. The trip will last from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon”, rambled Mr. Yang, the science teacher, as he passed out permission slips to his students.

 

Some students chattered about the trip while others either slept or were too bored to give a crap about what the teacher was talking about.

 

“Hey Lu are you going?”, asked Baekhyun in a hopeful tone.

 

“Of course! I would never miss this trip for the world!”, chirped Luhan as he read the contents on the permission slip.

 

“Great then! I really want to go!”, said Baekhyun as he clapped his hands excitedly.

 

“So just turn in your permission slip by Tuesday afternoon if you plan on going”, said Mr. Yang as he finished passing out the forms and making his way back to his desk; he sat in his chair and started reading his book; he had decided to give his students a free day since they are ahead of the other classes.

 

Baekhyun turned to the boy to his right and with a small smile said, “Sehun? Are you going? You should go! It’ll be really fun and if you want you can invite Chanyeol so you don’t feel as lonely. I’m sure Mr. Yang wouldn’t mind. Or you can just make friends while on the trip. It will be fun! What do you say?”

 

“Sounds like fun”, admitted Sehun as he nodded his head with a small smile.

 

“Great! Then we can go as a group! It’s going to be so much fun! And we get to stay in a house in the woods! How cool is that?!”, rambled Baekhyun excitedly.

 

Luhan, who had been working on the homework that was supposed to be done already, turned to Baekhyun and chuckled at his cuteness.

 

“So you wouldn’t mind if Chanyeol came?”, asked Sehun hopefully.

 

Baekhyun smiled brightly and said, “Of course not! It would be really fun and I don’t see him around people that often so maybe if he goes, he’ll make some friends”.

 

When Luhan heard Baekhyun, for some reason, something made him flashback to Jamie but he knew those memories wouldn’t get him anywhere so he pushed them to the side and went back to his work.

 

“Great! Then I’ll go ask him”, said Sehun while standing up.

 

Baekhyun made a confused face.

 

“Where are you going?”, he asked cutely.

 

“Where else? To ask Chanyeol dummy”, chuckled Sehun.

 

“But can’t that wait? You can just ask him after class or at lunch. Why leave in the middle of class just to ask him a question? Or just text him”, said Baekhyun matter of factly.

 

“Baek what are you talking about? He’s literally right there”, said Sehun while pointing to a boy that was sitting at the back of the classroom, his head down in a sleeping position.

 

“What?”, asked Baekhyun shocked as he looked to where Sehun was pointing.

 

“You didn’t know he had this class?”, asked Sehun amused.

 

“N-no..”, said Baekhyun sheepishly.

 

Sehun laughed before saying, “Well now you know” as he walked toward the sleeping boy.

 

Baekhyun turned to face Luhan and whispered to him, “Lu~ You didn’t tell me Chanyeol has this class! I didn’t even notice him”.

 

Luhan looked up at Baekhyun with a serious expression, placed a hand on his shoulder and said, “Baek, Chanyeol has this class”, before giggling and turning back to his work.

 

“Well thank you Mr. Obvious for pointing it out”.

 

“Anytime love”, said Luhan while laughing.

 

“Lu it’s not funny! I feel bad that I didn’t notice him before”, admitted Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun for some reason felt guilty for not noticing that Chanyeol was in the room.

 

It’s just... I said I wanted to be his friend and I’m supposed to know stuff like this if I want to be friends with him but I can’t even notice when he’s in the same room as me.

 

“Baek, the reason you didn’t notice him before is because he never comes to class. This is the second time he has showed up since school started. The first one being during the first week of school, before you came here. So don’t feel bad, okay?”, said Luhan reassuringly as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

 

“Yah! I spent all morning doing my hair and I’m not gonna let a deer on drugs mess it up”, pouted Baekhyun.

 

“Yah! You know I don’t smoke when I’m at school”, said Luhan with a laugh, whispering the last part.

 

Baekhyun and Luhan broke into a loud laugh to the point some people turned to look at them like they were crazy.

 

Once they caught their breath, they started talking about what they would do on the trip, Luhan completely forgetting about the homework that was past due.

 

Sehun made his way over to where Chanyeol slept and shook the latter’s shoulder until he woke up.

 

Chanyeol sat up with a groan and stretched himself.

 

“Good morning sleepy head”, chuckled Sehun.

 

“Mhmm”, said Chanyeol before yawning.

 

“I’m guessing you didn’t get much sleep last night”, said Sehun while taking a seat on top of Chanyeol’s desk.

 

“Not really. But anyways what’s up? What’s so important that you had to wake me up?”

 

“It’s actually really important. I’m pretty sure you didn’t hear a word Mr. Yang said but he said there will be a trip next week and so I was hoping you would go with me?”, asked Sehun hopefully.

 

He hoped Chanyeol would say yes but he’s not sure he can make it happen; he knows Chanyeol is not a people person, which he considers to be pretty ironic since Chanyeol sleeps around a lot.

 

“With you? Hmm, when is it?”, asked Chanyeol thoughtfully.

 

“It’s gonna last from Thursday evening to Sunday evening. Please go~ Pleasepleasepleaseplease~?”, asked Sehun, attempting aegyo.

 

“Eww don’t do that cute voice thing. It doesn’t suit you”, said Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow and a disgusted face.

 

Sehun pouted but nodded anyways.

 

Chanyeol laughed as he ruffled Sehun’s hair.

Sehun pushed Chanyeol’s hand away, fixed his hair and asked, “So? Will you go?”

 

“I guess. Who else is going?”

 

“Me, Luhan, Baekh-”

 

“That guy is going? Oh hell no. Sorry Sehun I can’t”.

 

“But Chanyeol~ Why don’t you like Baekhyun?”

 

“Sehun, he’s just annoying and he keeps wanting to be my friend and I already told him no. I just don’t care for him, sorry Sehun”.

 

“If you don’t care for him, why won’t you go? You don’t have to care for him. You’re gonna be with me the whole time, not him. Why can’t you say yes?”, asked Sehun, his tone serious.

 

“Sehun I know you. I’ve known you all my life. You’re gonna wanna be with Luhan and you’re probably gonna leave me with him and I won’t let that happen. So if you want to be with Luhan, fine, I’ll support you both, but I won’t stay with that guy just because you want some alone time with your man. I just won’t have it”.

 

“Chanyeol, I promise I won’t leave you alone. And besides, Luhan wouldn’t leave Baekhyun alone with you. For some reason he doesn’t like you. So don’t worry about it okay? It’s gonna be fine. I won’t leave you alone with Baek if that’s what you want. But please go?”

 

“No Sehun. Sorry but the answer is no”.

 

The bell rung and it was time to go to third period. Chanyeol stood up and left the room without saying goodbye to his brother.

 

Sehun was disappointed in himself for not being able to convince Chanyeol of going; but then an idea occurred to him; one that made him smirk to himself.

 

If I can’t make you, I know who can.

 

“Sehun? Did you ask him? What did he say? Did he say he’ll go?”, asked Baekhyun, not breathing once in between each question.

 

He was hoping Sehun was able to convince Chanyeol.

 

I really hope he goes; this might be my chance to be friends with him. He keeps telling me he doesn’t want to be my friend but for some reason I can’t leave him alone. Maybe he just needs a little push so why don’t I help him?

 

“Baek, don’t worry about it. I’ll make sure he goes”, said Sehun with a bright smile.

 

“Really? That’s great! We’ll see you later before we’re late to history! Bye Sehun!”, said Baekhyun as he bid goodbye to Sehun, dragging Luhan with him; Luhan smiled at Sehun before being dragged away by Baekhyun and making their way to history.

 

………

 

Third period passed by in a blur and before Baekhyun and Luhan knew it, it was already lunch time.

 

They made their way out of the classroom and towards the cafeteria, arms linked as they chatted.

 

When they reached their table, most of their friends were already there so they greeted them.

 

“Kriss~ Where have you been all my life~”, said Luhan excitedly as he threw himself on top of his cousin.

 

Kris almost fell backwards when Luhan jumped in his lap but he managed to balance them both.

 

“Luhan, when will you learn that you’re not a child anymore? Just because the drugs you’re on make you feel like a child doesn’t mean you’re one”, said Kris while chuckling.

 

“He’s on drugs?!?!?”, asked Joonmyeon, his eyes popping out of his sockets.

 

Everyone laughed at his outburst before Yixing explained to him what Kris meant.

 

“No Joon, Luhan is not on drugs. It’s just a joke between us. He’s always so hyper and talkative that we just say he’s on drugs”, explained Yixing matter of factly.

 

“Oh okay I understand now”, said Joonmyeon, his face growing red, embarrassed that he had reacted that way.

 

Yixing smiled at him as he patted his shoulder before taking a bite out of his burger.

 

“Baek, let’s go get our food before lunch ends”, said Luhan while getting off of Kris’ lap and taking hold of Baekhyun’s hand, dragging him towards the line.

 

“So guys, did you hear about the trip next week? I’m soooo going!”, said Tao excitedly.

 

“If you’re going, should I go too?”, asked Kris as he took a bite out of his chicken.

 

Tao’s eyes grew wide and his face became red at Kris’ question.

 

He wants to go just because I’m going? Nahh.. Maybe I heard wrong.

 

“Tao, honey, he asked you a question. The polite thing to do is reply, don’t you think?”, said Kyungsoo in his sweet, angelic voice; but Tao knew better.

 

Satansoo: mode on.

 

Tao snapped out of his thoughts and said, “O-oh sure i-if you want..”

 

“Okay then! I’ll go too”, said Kris with a smile.

 

“I want to go too. Are you going Yixing?”, asked Kyungsoo as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

 

“I think I will. And you Joon? Will you go? I think you should so you can meet more people and get to know them a little more”, said Yixing as he looked at Joonmyeon.

 

“I’d love to go”, admitted Joonmyeon with a smile.

 

“What are you guys talking about?”, asked Luhan as he and Baekhyun sat down with their food tray.

 

“The trip next week”, said Xiumin as he drank some milk.

 

“Oh! You guys heard? Are you guys going? Me and Baekie are going. Sehun said he’s going too”, said Luhan happily.

 

“This is great! We can all go and it will be so much fun!”, said Kyungsoo with a smile.

 

They talked some more until the lunch bell rang and it was time to go to fourth period.

 

Everyone bid goodbye and went their separate ways (except the few that had the same class).

 

Kyungsoo was walking down the hall and towards art class when somewhere ahead of him he spotted someone all too familiar. He visibly gulped and attempted to cover his face with the book he had in hand as he walked past him.

 

I’m almost there. He won’t notice me, it’s gonna be fine.

 

“Kyungsoo!”

 

.

Kyungsoo walked faster and he was about to reach his classroom when someone took his arm and spun him around.

 

“Kyungsoo? You didn’t hear me calling you?”, asked Kai with a small smile.

 

“O-oh sorry no..”, said Kyungsoo, hoping Kai wouldn’t notice he was lying.

 

“Oh okay. Well, where are you going in such a hurry?”, asked Kai, releasing Kyungsoo’s arm.

 

“Class”.

 

“Oh I see. What class do you have right now?”, asked Kai curiously.

 

“Art”, said Kyungsoo while looking everywhere but at Kai.

 

“Really? That’s cool! My classroom is right next to yours! I have photography”, said Kai matter of factly.

 

“Oh cool.. Well, I have to go”, said Kyungsoo while turning around to leave.

 

“Wait!”, said Kai, grabbing hold of Kyungsoo’s arm again, spinning him around.

 

“What is it?”, asked Kyungsoo, wanting their conversation to end as quickly as possible

 

For some reason, he just felt like being cold to Kai, specially after yesterday.

 

“Are you avoiding me? Are you mad at me because I kissed you?”, asked Kai, his voice soft.

 

“No Kai, just leave me alone. I’m sorry for getting you involved yesterday and sorry that you had to cancel your friend. She seemed very hurt by it. But hey, at least she gave you a kiss”, said Kyungsoo, hurt evident in his tone.

 

“Is this what it is about? Because Krystal came over and kissed me? Look, we’re just friends”, said Kai matter of factly.

 

“Kai it’s fine. I have to go”, said Kyungsoo before pulling away and making his way to his classroom, this time without Kai stopping him.

 

Kai stood there as he saw Kyungsoo walk away.

 

…….

 

Tao and Kris made their way to history class; everyone around them was talking except them. That is, until Kris broke the silence.

 

“It’s gonna be so much fun to go on the trip with you. Maybe we can become friends then”, said Kris with a small smile.

 

When Tao heard Kris, he felt hurt.

 

Wait. We’re not friends? But I thought we were…

 

Tao looked up at Kris and asked, “W-we’re not f-friends?”

 

“Not really. We’re more of acquaintances. But let’s hope that will change, okay?”, said Kris as he patted Tao’s shoulder and entered the classroom, leaving Tao to stand in the crowded hall by himself.

 

……..

 

Yixing and Joonmyeon were both sitting next to each other in math class but they weren’t talking to each other; instead, they were both on their phones as their classmates talked amongst themselves.

 

They had a free period since their teacher got sick during lunch.

 

Every time Yixing’s phone vibrated, the latter would smile before replying.

 

To: Suho <3

How do you know my smile is beautiful if you haven’t seen it yet?

 

From: Suho <3

If you’re beautiful inside, your smile must be just as beautiful.

 

Yixing felt so warm inside when he read his boyfriend’s message.

 

Suho, who was sitting next to Yixing, would smile when his phone signaled he got a message. He would always read his boyfriend’s reply a million times before typing.

 

To: Baby <3

I seriously cannot wait to meet you in person. I’m going to give you countless kisses to make up for the past year.

 

From: Baby <3

I’ll let you kiss me I guess, as long as I get to hold your hand.

 

To: Baby <3

Deal. Hold my hand for as long as you like.

 

Once he sent his message, Joonmyeon looked up from his phone for the first time since class started. He looked out the window and noticed that it had started getting cloudy.

 

Joonmyeon felt his phone vibrate in his hand and when he was about to check his messages, he remembered that Yixing was sitting next to him; not wanting to be rude, he decided to talk to him for a little bit.

 

“So Yixing, will you be performing at the winter showcase?”, he asked, his voice showing obvious interest.

 

Yixing smiled before saying, “Yes. I’ll perform my solo and then I’ll do a shared performance with Kai. I’m so excited! And I’m hoping my boyfriend will be able to come. I’m dying to see him!”, his eyes sparkling when he mentioned his boyfriend.

 

“You have a boyfriend? That’s great! What’s his name?”, asked Joonmyeon, smiling brightly.

 

“His na-”

 

“Yixing~ Can you come help us? We need help with the dance moves”, said Yoona cutely, one of their classmates.

 

“Yeah sure. Joon, do you want to come or do you want to stay here?”, asked Yixing while looking at Joonmyeon.

 

“Is it okay if I go?”, asked Joonmyeon while looking at Yoona.

 

She smiled brightly before saying, “I don’t mind! Come on!”.

 

Joonmyeon smiled, put his phone in his pocket and went with Lay to help the girls with their dance moves, completely forgetting about his boyfriend’s message.

 

……..

 

Halfway through dance class, Xiumin remembered he needs to turn in his paper for history class since he won’t be here tomorrow.

 

With how suddenly he stopped dancing he felt dizzy. His head was pounding from the music playing so loudly and his heart was beating really fast. He felt tired since he hasn’t had much sleep lately. His grandma was sick so he’s been spending the night at the hospital for the past few days, keeping her company so she isn’t lonely.

 

Xiumin walked over to Mr. Lee and asked him if he could go see his history teacher; Mr. Lee gave him permission to leave so he did.

 

The cool air from the hall made Xiumin feel like he was in heaven; the ac in the dance room has been broken all week so the dance students have been sweating more than usual.

 

Once Xiumin reached the classroom he was looking for, he took hold of the doorknob and right when he was about to turn it, it its own and the door swung open, hitting Xiumin on the head and making him fall to the ground.

 

The person who had opened the door didn’t know someone was behind it so when he noticed he had hit someone, he felt bad.

 

But felt worse when he realized who it was.

 

“Min!”, yelled Chen as he kneeled next to Xiumin’s body.

 

Chen tried to shake Xiumin awake but it was in vain; Xiumin had fainted from how hard the door hit him and also, he was too exhausted from the lack of sleep.

 

“Min wake up please!”, pleaded Chen as he kept shaking Xiumin’s body.

 

“What’s going on out- Chen! What happened?”, asked the history teacher, her face and voice showing concern.

 

“I’m not sure… I opened the door and I-I guess I hit him when I did”, admitted Chen as he stared at Xiumin’s face.

 

“Take him to the nurse! Quickly!”, instructed the history teacher.

 

Chen nodded before he picking Xiumin up bridal style and making their way to the nurse’s office.

 

When reaching the nurse’s office, Chen laid Xiumin in one of the beds as he searched for the nurse; she was nowhere to be found.

 

Not sure of what to do, Chen paced around the room, until he decided to just get the first aid kit.

 

He looked for said kit and when he found it, he ran over to Xiumin’s side and opened it, rummaging through it, trying to find something that would wake Xiumin up.

 

He decided on using an alcohol pad; he passed it in front of Xiumin’s nose a few times until he saw that Xiumin was starting to wake up.

 

Chen, proud of himself, smiled.

 

At least I’m not as useless as to not take good care of you Min..

 

When Xiumin regained full consciousness, he sat up in fear as he realized Chen was sitting next to him.

 

“W-what ha-happened? Why am I-I here?”, he asked.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I think I hit you with the door when I opened it”, said Chen as he started looking for a band aid in the first aid kit.

 

“Oh”, said Xiumin.

 

Then, a thought hit him.

 

Did Jongdae just apologize to me?

 

Chen pulled out a band aid, took the papers off and put it on Xiumin’s forehead; he pressed it on which made Xiumin yelp in pain.

 

“Sorry; that should make it better...I hope”, said Chen as he started cleaning up the mess he made.

 

“T-thank you..”, said Xiumin with a small smile.

 

……..

 

In music class, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan worked on their project.

 

The lyrics were almost done and so was the melody.

 

“Lu, can you sing me the lyrics so far?”, asked Baekhyun, not once looking up from the notebook in hand.

 

“Yeah sure”, said Luhan before clearing his throat.

Luhan opened his mouth and soon the lyrics were flowing out of it;

 

난 강해 보여도 웃고 있어도

혼자일 때가 많아

늘 걱정 하나 없어 보여도

할 말이 많아

첨 본 순간 너무나 끌려서

이것저것 재지 못하고 말했어

The answer is you

My answer is you

내 모든 걸 다 보여 줘 봤어

You are my everything

너무 확신해서

좀 더 조심할 걸 날 더 아낄 걸

내 맘 다치지 않게

숨 멈춰 버릴 것 같은

이런 기분 나 처음인걸

머릿속엔 온통 네 생각만

너의 표정 웃음소리가 들려

The answer is you

That is you

My answer is you

Only you

 

While hearing Luhan sing, Sehun swore he could feel himself falling in love.

 

His voice is so beautiful. It’s just so amazing..

 

Once Luhan finished singing, he looked at Sehun with doubt; he hoped he had impressed Sehun as the latter had never heard him sing before.

 

“Lu that was great! And the melody me and Chanyeol are composing goes with it so well!”, said Baekhyun excitedly.

 

Luhan looked back at his best friend and smiled brightly at him; he said, “Thank you Baek”.

 

“Luhan that was so great! I didn’t know you could sing like that! You have such an amazing voice!”, admired Sehun, not once looking away from Luhan.

 

Luhan’s face grew red as he held eye contact with Sehun.

 

He likes my voice! Maybe if he keeps hearing me sing, he’ll fall in love with me and I won’t die single.. Sehun, notice me please…

Once their eye contact broke, they both cleared their throats and talked about the project; if any parts should be fixed before presenting to the class.

 

“Chanyeol? Did you not like it? Why aren’t you saying anything? He sung amazing!”, said Baekhyun with a smile as he looked up at the boy next to him.

 

“If you like it that much, marry him; you’ll hear it forever”, said Chanyeol before he remembered something.

 

“Don’t marry him. Seriously don’t, or I’ll end up dead if Sehun finds out I told you to”, said Chanyeol, changing his mind.

 

“Are you saying Sehun likes Luhan back?!?”, whispered-yelled Baekhyun.

 

“Wait. Luhan likes Sehun? And here he is telling me he’s in love with angry bird eyebrows, tsk tsk tsk”, said Chanyeol as he shook his head.

 

“Angry bird eyebrows...Oh! Kris!”, said Baekhyun as he broke into a laugh.

 

“What’s funny?”, asked Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow.

“Kris is Luhan’s cousin! They’re not in love”, said Baekhyun in between laughs.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

A/N:

Hello! So this update took a bit longer than the others since I was having a bit of writer's block but I'm all good now lmao. I know Sulay is really frustrating! Specially to Sulay shippers so please don't kill me.. I was fangirling really hard as I was writing their messages..

Hope you enjoy! I love the comments; they make my day so thank you guys! Comment and subscribe! If you have any questions, let me know!

Take care <3

~exoxooverdose