Who is he?

It's Been You All Along

Author's POV

August 29th.

Monday.

6:15 am. 

The sun was barely out and fogginess covered the somewhat dark sky. 

Baekhyun woke up to the sound of shattering glass; he quickly sat up and untangled himself from the comforts of his blankets, the cold air hitting his bare legs as he was only wearing an oversized t-shirt and boxers. He made his way out of his room (not before grabbing a bat that was by the door) and down the hall, walking carefully in case someone broke in. From the top of the stairs, he could hear noises coming from the kitchen and he internally started freaking out.

Who could be making so much noise at this time? Is it a thief? Oh my God! A thief? Okay Baekhyun calm down.. You got this... 

Baekhyun made his way down the stairs, his steps as light as feathers; he reached the last step and heard another shattering sound. 

SERIOUSLY! WHO MAKES SO MUCH NOISE AT 6 IN THE MORNING! This thief is no expert..

Baekhyun made his way to the kitchen without making much noise; he reached the kitchen entryway and saw someone standing over the stove. He slowly started making his way towards the stranger and right when he was about to swing his bat, the 'stranger' turned around. 

"Baek! Don't kill me!"

Baekhyun then realized it wasn't a thief; it was his brother. 

In Baekhyun's opinion, he looked like a ghost. But it was all because he had flour all over his face and hair. 

"Hyung! What are you doing?!? And shouldn't you be on the way to work by now?", asked Baekhyun with an eyebrow raised. 

"Well, yeah but I took the morning off. I wanted to see you off to school and then..and then I wanted to make you some pancakes so you could start your morning with a healthy breakfast and stuff but.. this happened", admitted Baekhyun's brother sheepishly as he pointed around the room.

"Hyung it's fine. I'll just stop somewhere on the way to school. Don't worry about it..", said Baekhyun while setting the bat on the kitchen counter.

He felt grateful that his brother tried to make him breakfast, even though he clearly cannot cook. 

"Okay.. I'll clean this mess up while you get ready for school", said Baekhyun's brother while dusting some flour off his hair. 

"Okay.. And hyung? Thank you..", said Baekhyun.

"No problem Baek. Anything for you", said Baekhyun's brother as he smiled.

Baekhyun smiled and turned to leave, making his way upstairs and towars his bedroom.

When reaching his room, Baekhyun the light and made his way to his closet; he pulled out the outfit he had planned the night before and placed it on his bed. 

He then made his way to his dresser, pulled out some boxers and headed for the bathroom. 

About 20 minutes later, Baekhyun came out of the bathroom, wearing only the pair of boxers he had grabbed earlier; water dripped from his hair all the way down to his torso. 

He used his navy blue towel (that he brought from the bathroom) and started drying his hair as he walked over to his bed; he threw the towel aside and started putting on his clothes. 

In 15 minutes, Baekhyun was already dressed, his hair and makeup done too.

He grabbed his backpack from on top of his desk and exited the room, making his way downstairs. 

"Hyung! I'm leaving!", yelled Baekhyun as he grabbed his car keys from the kitchen counter. 

There was some shuffling upstairs before someone came down the steps.

"Have a good day Baekie! Don't forget to call me when you get home", said Baekhyun's brother as he squeezed Baekhyun's cheeks until they became red and then gave him a hug. 

"Yah! Hyung! My makeup!", yelled Baekhyun.

"It looks fine Baek".

"Of course it does. I did it myself", said Baekhyun as he chuckled.

"Whatever sassy pants. Go to school". 

Baekhyun gave a smile and nodded as he turned towards the front door; he opened it and yelled "Love you Hyung! See ya!" before stepping into the cold, empty hallway and making his way down to the parking lot.

He reached his car, got in and drove out of the parking lot and towards a cafe he had seen the other day to order some breakfast. 

At the cafe, Baekhyun ordered some coffee and a sandwich to-go. 

Baekhyun arrived to school at 7:45am so instead of going in, he stayed inside his car and ate his meal happily while listening to the radio. 

By the time Baekhyun finished his breakfast it was 8am; he got out of his car and started walking towards the front office.

Baekhyun was walking across the parking lot while humming along to his favorite song when a vroom vroom sound interrupted the melody going on in his head; the sound seemed to be getting closer and right when he was about to turn around he was pushed away so hard he fell on his . 

It all happened so quickly that Baekhyun didn't even have a chance to react. He simply stared at the retreating figure as a stinging pain coursed through his hands; with how he landed, he scraped the heels of his palms. 

"OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?", yelled someone as he ran to Baekhyun's aid.

Baekhyun looked up and saw the most beautiful person he had ever seen. 

"I-I..I'm fine..", said Baekhyun, still in a state of shock. 

"He's so heartless... Let me help you up", said the other as he reached out his hand to help Baekhyun up.

Baekhyun reached out to grab the other's hand but when their hands touched, Baekhyun's stung so he retracted it. 

"Ouch..ugh.."

"Oh my God you got hurt!", yelled the other worriedly.

"I'm fine..it's just a little scraped.."

"Here..", said the other as he pulled Baekhyun up by his arm instead.

"Thank you.."

"No problem! My name's Luhan by the way! What's yours?"

"Byun Baekhyun.."

"Byun Baekhyun...Byun Baekhyun?!?! You're the new student!", yelled Luhan excitedly.

"How did you know?!", asked Baekhyun with a smile, the shock from earlier now gone. 

"I'm supposed to tour you around!"

"Cool!", said Baekhyun with a bigger, brighter smile. 

"Yeah! So let's go!", said Luhan as he grabbed hold of Baekhyun's arm and pulled him towards the school.

They talked and got to know each other a bit more until they reached the front office. 

They walked into a well-decorated, cold room and walked up to the front desk.

"Luhan my dear! How are you today?", asked the lady at the front desk in her grandmotherly voice as she gave a smile to the two boys in front of her.

"I'm doing well Mrs. Lee! And yourself?", replied Luhan in a happy tone.

"I'm doing just fine sweetie. And who's this?", asked Mrs. Lee as she looked at Baekhyun with a smile.

"Oh yeah! This is Byun Baekhyun! He's the new student. He's here to get his papers before I give him a tour..", said Luhan matter of factly.

"Oh! I wondered when I would be seeing you! I'm Mrs. Lee, nice to meet you Baekhyun", said Mrs. Lee as she gave a genuine smile at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled brightly and bowed. 

"Okay let me get you your papers so you can be on your way", said Mrs. Lee as she stood up and walked over to the file cabinet that was placed in a corner; she opened one of the drawers and pulled out a file.

She walked back to her seat and opened the file, revealing papers containing Baekhyun's information. She pulled out what seemed to be Baekhyun's schedule and handed it to him with a smile. Baekhyun gladly took it and looked at it, Luhan doing the same from beside him.

"Oh my God! We have almost all the same classes together! We're gonna have sooo much fun!", chirped Luhan.

"Really?! That's amazing! I won't be as lonely as I thought", said Baekhyun with a smile.

"Yeah! And you can meet some of my friends too! They're gonna love you. I promise!"

"I'd like that..", admitted Baekhyun.

"Okay! It's settled. But! Now we have to take care of your hands. I don't want them to get infected. Let's go to the nurse!"

"Okay..."

Both boys bid farewell to Mrs. Lee before leaving the office and making their way to the nurse's office.

They reached the nurse's office and stepped inside the white room. 

It was spotless and big; medical trays were against the wall to the left and there were three beds against the opposite wall, each one parallel to the other. 

"Hello?", asked Luhan as he took a peek in the room next door; they were alone.

"I don't think she's here Luhan..", said Baekhyun carefully as he looked around the room.

And now the school bell has rung, signaling school hours have started.

"Luhan let's go. We'll be late.."

"Oh it's fine! Don't worry about it! We can just get Mrs. Lee to write us a pass. Besides, I still have to give you a tour".

"Are you sure?", asked Baekhyun.

"Yeah totally!", said Luhan without much thought.

"Sit on one of the beds", said a deep voice as the owner stepped inside the nurse's office.

Luhan and Baekhyun both looked back to find a boy much taller than them standing in front of them.

"What are you doing here? Haven't you done enough?", asked Luhan with a scowl on his face.

"Shut it. I'm just doing a good deed. Well? Are you gonna stand there or do as I say? Sit on the bed", said the deep voice demandingly towards Baekhyun as he made his way to one of the cabinets; he pulled out a first aid kit and brought it to a bed.

Baekhyun wasn't sure of what to do so he slowly walked over to the bed the other boy had settled on and hesitantly sat down, not sure of what to expect. 

He looked at the other boy; he was attractive. He gave off this mysterious aura that lures you in.

But Baekhyun couldn't help but feel like he had seen him somewhere.

"Give me your hand", said the deep voice as he rummaged through the first aid kit.

Baekhyun extended his hand only for it to be pulled back by a furious Luhan.

"Baek, don't", said Luhan annoyed.

"Lu, it's fine. I mean, he probably knows how to do it so don't worry".

"Baek, how can I not worry when he's the one that did this to you in the first place!", said Luhan angrily.

"What..", said Baekhyun, looking from Luhan to the boy in front of him.

The other boy said nothing as he pulled out some alcohol pads and bandages from the first aid kit.

"If you want me to do it, give me your hand", said the boy as he looked up at Baekhyun with a raised eyebrow, clearly annoyed.

Baekhyun looked at Luhan before slowly pulling his hand away from Luhan's grasp and hesitantly reached it out.

It can't be that bad. I mean, maybe he feels sorry and wants to help..

Luhan seemed a bit shocked but said nothing more as he knew Baekhyun didn't know who the other boy was.

I must tell him to stay away from him later on.

The other boy grabbed Baekhyun's hand and his hands were oh so cold compared to Baekhyun's warm ones.

The deep-voice boy cleaned the scrape and bandaged the hand and then did the same with the other.

"All set", he said as he started putting everything away.

"Thank you", said Baekhyun, offering the other boy a smile.

The other boy didn't reply and simply stood up, put the first aid kit where he found it and left.

Luhan saw this as his cue and sat next to Baekhyun on the bed.

"Baek, I ask you, please stay away from him. He's not good", said Luhan pleadingly.

"What do you mean Luhan? He seemed okay. I mean he was a bit demanding but he helped so he shouldn't be that bad", said Baekhyun as he looked at his bandaged hands. 

"He's..he's not the best person Baekhyun. Trust me, please".

"But Luhan, who is he?", asked Baekhyun curiously.

"His name is Park Chanyeol".

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

A/N:

Hello! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Please let me know what you think in the comments. Have a nice day/ night!

Take care <3

~exoxooverdose