Are they?/ Is it?

It's Been You All Along

Author's POV

Monday.

"Students, let me have your attention", said Mr. Park, the chemistry teacher, his voice echoing throughout the room as it was loud and deep.

Students kept talking, not once bothering to look at their teacher; they considered the conversations they were having were more important than some lousy announcement.

"I'll wait", said Mr. Park as he leaned against his desk and crossed his arms; his expression stoic.

"Dude seriously, chill. Let Park make his announcement and then we can talk all we want", said a student while standing up, his face showing annoyment.

His voice broke through the conversations and once the room was dead silent, he smirked to himself and sat back down.

"Thank you Seungri. At least you listen to me", said Mr. Park with a small smile.

Seungri nodded, leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms, waiting for the teacher to announce whatever.

"Okay so today we have a new student. Please come in", said Mr. Park as he motioned the student waiting in the hall to come inside.

A student, not very tall, walked in; he stood next to the teacher and looked at his classmates, smiling at them.

The girls (and some boys) swooned over his smile while others felt jealousy already rising. 

"Please introduce yourself to us", said Mr. Park with a smile as he prompted the student to speak. 

The new student bowed and said, "Hello. My name is Kim Joonmyeon. I just moved here from America and I hope to get along with everyone".

Some girls squealed when they heard his voice.

Oh so precious, they thought.

"Well, welcome to Seoul National High School", greeted the teacher.

Joonmyeon smiled and muttered a small 'thank you'.

"Okay so why don't you sit next to Yixing. Yixing please raise your hand", said Mr. Park.

Lay, who everyone calls Yixing (except Kai), raised his hand half-heartedly; he had been staring out the window for most of the morning, thinking of what it would be like to see Suho in person. 

Just the thought of his boyfriend made him blush.

Joonmyeon nodded at the teacher with a smile and made his way to his seat; he set his backpack to the side of the desk and sat down.

Mr. Park started teaching his lesson soon afterwards; Joonmyeon tried his best to pay attention but for some reason he couldn't.

It threw him a bit off that his partner didn't even glance at him; he simply stared out the window; wanting to be the bigger person, Joonmyeon tapped his partner lightly on the shoulder and waited for him to turn around.

Lay, or Yixing, felt someone tap him on the shoulder and when he turned around, he saw a boy smiling brightly at him. 

"Hello. I'm Joonmyeon. You're Yixing right?"

Lay simply nodded and offered a small smile.

"Do you think you can show me around later? I'm new here?", asked Joonmyeon shyly.

"Yeah sure".

And that was the end of their conversation until the end of class.

When the bell rung to go to second period, Joonmyeon waited for Lay so they could walk together and the latter could show him around a bit.

It so happens, that they have all the same classes together today; that made Joonmyeon really happy since now he has a friend to talk to.

The lunch bell has rung, signaling the end of third period and beginning of lunch.

Lay had invited Joonmyeon to sit with him and his friends since Joonmyeon doesn't really know anyone else.

"So Joonmyeon, tell us, how long were you in America?", asked Luhan curiously.

"A year", said Joonmyeon with a smile matter of factly.

"That's cool! What state? I just came from there also", said Baekhyun excitedly.

"I was in Washington. What about you? ", asked Joonmyeon just as excitedly as Baekhyun.

"California", said Baekhyun proudly.

"Oh I always wanted to go there!"

They talked some more until the bell rung once again and it was time to go to the last class of the day. 

........

In music class, the work was split up like Baekhyun and Luhan had talked about; Luhan would work on the lyrics with Sehun while Baekhyun and Chanyeol would work on composing the melody.

In practice room 1A were Sehun and Luhan working on the project.

"So Sehun, what should the theme be for the song?", asked Luhan as he wrote something in his notebook.

"Doesn't really matter to me. Do whatever you want", said Sehun, not once looking up from his phone, his voice cold.

Ever since he met Luhan, he's been upset at himself for the fact that he's sure Luhan already likes someone (Baekhyun); that's why he wants to be cold to Luhan, so he doesn't fall even more. 

"Well, when I spent the night at Baekie's-"

"You spent the night at Baekhyun's house?", asked Sehun, this time looking up at Luhan, his tone surprised.

"Well yeah. Why?", asked Luhan confused.

"Oh, nothing", said Sehun looking back down at his phone, voice becoming ice cold again.

"Well yeah when I was at his house, we talked about the project and we thought the theme could be love. I mean there's lots of stuff that has to do with love so why not?", asked Luhan hopeful.

"Yeah sure. Why don't you write about your love for Baekhyun. You could confess and-"

"Sehun, I don't lov-"

A ringtone broke through their conversation; Luhan pulled out his phone from his pocket and smiled so brightly when he saw who was calling; Sehun, who was sitting next to Luhan, had looked up when he had heard the ringtone and looked at who was calling; he made a frowny face as he didn't know who 'Kris Gege' was.

"Gegeeee~", chirped Luhan excitedly.

"Hey Lu. How are you?"

"I'm okay and you?", answered Luhan with a smile.

"I'm good. As good as a Chinese man can be when he's in Korea".

At this, Luhan stood up so abruptly that the notebook he had in his lap fell to the ground, startling Sehun.

"What!?! You're in Korea!?!? Omg omg omg!!", said Luhan excitedly as he jumped up and down.

Sehun stared at him in a jealous manner.

Why is this Kris guy in Korea? And who's Kris anyways? Why are you so damn excited talking to some other dude when the one you love is literally in the next room?

Luhan, while still holding his phone to his ear and without his smile faltering, stopped jumping up and down like a hyper dog and picked up his notebook and put it on his chair. 

"Yes child calm down. I'm in Seoul. And that's not the best part".

"It's not?"

"I'm gonna start attending your school".

"WHAT?!", Luhan's eyes popped out of his sockets when he heard his cousin.

"Yiiuuupp!"

"Are you for real? When will you come? Do you wanna spend the night at my house the night before? Do-"

"Lu, calm down. I just wanted to let you know. I have to go right now since mom wants me to start unpacking. I'll talk to you later. I love you".

"I love you too", said Luhan brightly.

With that the call ended.

"So who's Kris?", asked Sehun, suspiciously.

"My cousin", said Luhan while nodding with a smile and taking his seat once again.

Sehun nodded understandingly and without much thought.

Wait.

"Cousin?!?", he asked, his eyes popping out of his sockets.

"Yeah of course. Who else would it be? My lover?", asked Luhan while giggling to himself. 

Sehun went back to playing on his phone as he mentally punched himself a million times. 

I guess you're not cheating on Baekhyun then.

"So, you were saying that I love Baekhyun. I do-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Let's just work on the project so we can leave and do our own thing", said Sehun, his voice as cold as ever.

Luhan felt so hurt by his words.

He doesn't want to spend time with me?

Either way, Luhan, and then Sehun, started working on their project, never really speaking at each other; one was hurt by what the other said while the other was hurting because he 'knew' he wasn't the one.

........

In practice room 2A were Baekhyun and Chanyeol working on their part of the project.

"I think since it's a love song, the melody should be slow and soft", said Baekhyun as his long fingers played a few black and white keys.

"I agree", said Chanyeol half-heartedly while strumming a few chords on the guitar he held on his lap.

Baekhyun looked behind him and at Chanyeol and smiled to himself; Chanyeol had a small smile on his face as he played the strings.

He looks so peaceful when he plays. He can be beautiful, he just doesn't know it. I'll make sure he sees it. 

Baekhyun turned back with a smile and started playing the piano keys once again; he started writing some notes on the blank music sheet that was resting on the music rack as he hummed to himself, oblivious to a pair of eyes staring at the back of his head.

........

After school hours.

Kyunsoo was in the cooking room, baking some cookies. He usually stays after school and cooks whenever he doesn't have to go to work. As he waits for the cookies to finish baking in the oven, he starts remembering the day he met Kai at the coffee shop.

He was so happy to see his childhood friend in front of him, speaking to him, even if he doesn't remember who he (Kyungsoo) is. 

He was too lost in his thoughts to hear the door to the cooking room open; he snapped out of his thoughts when he saw one of his friends stand in front of him; Kyungsoo offered a smile which was reciprocated with a tight hug.

"Kyunggg~ Why are you so lonely in here? I thought you weren't staying after today. I would've came here with you instead of going to dance practice", said Lay as he released Kyungsoo from his arms.

Kyungsoo chuckled and said, "Yixing it's fine. I wasn't really planning on staying but I felt like baking some cookies".

As if on cue, the oven timer beeped, signaling the cookies were done; Kyungsoo smiled at Lay as grabbed an ovenmitt and walked over to the oven, opening it to take out the cookies. 

The room now smelled like heaven, or so thought Lay and his friend, who walked in when Kyungsoo was taking out the cookies. 

"Oh Kai! Have you met Kyungsoo?", asked Lay with a smirk; he knew who Kai was to Kyungsoo so he thought it was the appropriate moment to ask.

Kyungsoo was placing the (baking) tray lined up with chocolate chip cookies on the counter when he heard Kai's name; his eyes popped out of his sockets as he turned around to look at who Lay was talking to; he was so distracted by who was standing in front of him that his thumb unconsciously (by accident) touched the side of the pan, making him yelp in pain.

"Ow!", hissed Kyungsoo as he turned back around to look at his now red thumb.

"Oh God! Are you okay?!?', asked Kai as he ran over to Kyungsoo's side worriedly, Lay doing the same.

"Kyung are you okay?!?!", asked Lay as he inspected Kyungsoo's thumb.

"I'm fine Yixing. Don't worry, it was an accident", said Kyungsoo with a small smile, not once looking up at Kai as he knew his face would become like a tomato if he did.

"But Kyung, you never get burned. Are you feeling well?", asked Lay with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Why are you here anyways?", asked Kyungsoo curiously.

"Well I was calling your house earlier and you didn't answer and I knew you didn't have work today so I thought maybe you were here, even though I wasn't really sure since you always tell me if you will stay after. Your phone was also off", said Lay matter of factly.

"Oh okay. Am I that wanted now?", asked Kyungsoo with a chuckle.

"Don't say that. Anyways do you want a ride home or did you drive here?", asked Lay.

"Tao dropped me off this morning. He went to wushu practice and he said he'll pick me up afterwards", said Kyungsoo with a smile.

When Kai heard Tao's name, he made a confused face.

So they are dating?

As if on cue, Tao walked in the room with a smile.

"Kyungiieeee~ Did you miss me?", asked Tao as he ran over to Kyungsoo's side and gave him a hug.

Kyungsoo laughed but hugged him back anyways.

So they are dating then. I'll have to ask Lay later.

........

Xiumin was walking down the hall and towards the school entrance with his hands full of books he had borrowed from the library; he hummed along to a song as he bobbed his head to the beat a little.

He was too lost in the melody going on in his head to realize someone was walking behind him; he didn't realize until that someone started running and bumped into him, causing him to drop his books.

"..", said the person that had bumped into Xiumin; he bent down to help Xiumin pick up his books.

Xiumin puffed out his cheeks like a hamster and bent down to pick up the books he had dropped; he started stacking them one by one until there was one book left; he reached out to pick it up but instead of his hand touching the book, it touched the other person's hand.

Xiumin retracted his hand immediately and stood up, his cheeks turning pink; the other person picked up the last book for Xiumin and handed it to the latter with a small smile; when he looked at Xiumin, he realized who had dropped the books; that made him feel warm inside; a feeling he thought he had forgotten. 

The other person then said, "I'm sorry. Didn't mean to bump into you. I was in a hurry".

Xiumin looked up at the other's eyes and then he realized who was standing in front of him; Chen.

Xiumin suddenly became scared and he backed away a little. 

"I-it's okay..", said Xiumin as he took the book from Chen.

Chen nodded and stared at Xiumin, observing his features.

You haven't changed.

"W-well I-I have to g-go..", said Xiumin as he scurried away and towards the entrance. 

Chen was left to look at his retreating figure with mixed feelings.

Am I still in love with you Minseok?

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

A/N:

Hello! 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's a little bit longer than the last one and it has more information in it. So yeah! Lay doesn't know what his boyfriend looks like and who Joonmyeon is; guess we'll have to see what happens. Okay, so no one gets confused, everyone calls Lay Yixing but since I'm just lazy, I started calling him Lay. Anyways, there was some jealousy between Hunhan. Let's see where that goes. More Kaisoo also! Now you guys know sort of what's going on between them. No, Tao and Kyungsoo aren't dating; I will only ever share Tao with Kris lmao. And finally we got some Xiuchen started. To be frankly honest, as I was writing about Xiuchen, the plot for their ship hit me. I had no idea what was going to happen between them but now I do. I know their encounter was a bit cliche but bear with me. This is such a long author's note! Anyways, one last thing; let me know what you think in the comments! If you have any questions so far you can post them in the comments or message me and I'll be glad to answer :) Have a nice day/ night!

Take care and stay healthy <3

~exoxooverdose