Hello

It's Been You All Along

Author's POV

Friday afternoon.

*Buzz Buzz*

From: Suho <3

Hey baby, I'm in Seoul.

Once Lay read his boyfriend's message, he broke into the biggest smile. He suddenly felt so warm and excited; he would, after all, see his boyfriend in person.

"What's making you smile like that?", asked Kai, while munching on an apple.

Lay handed his phone to Kai and showed him the message, his smile never faltering.

"Ahhh! That's awesome Lay! You'll finally get to meet him!", said Kai while smiling too.

"Yeah! I'm just...I'm just so excited to see him. I mean we've been dating for a year and I've waited for this moment for so long and it's finally going to come true..", said Lay, his eyes sparkling in happiness.

"I'm so happy for you! I mean, ever since you guys started talking, you changed so much. You became more open and outgoing. I love him for changing you for the better", said Kai with a small smile while looking at a happy-go-lucky Lay.

"Yah! You can't say you love my boyfriend!", said Lay, a pout replacing his smile. 

"Yah! I didn't mean it that way! Besides, you know I'm not gay", said Kai.

"Yeah right", said Lay with a smirk.

"I'm not!"

"Whatever you say.."

........

Baekhyun and Luhan went home together since Luhan wanted to have a sleepover with Baekhyun in honor of their new friendship; they were in Baekhyun's room, Luhan sitting cross-legged on the bed with his bubble tea in hand while Baekhyun sat next to him doing some homework.

"So Lu..", started Baekhyun, not once looking up from his notebook.

"Yeah?",said Luhan half-heartedly.

"What do you think about Sehun?"

At the sudden question, Luhan's eyes grew wide and he chocked on his bubble tea.

Baekhyun looked up from his notebook and gave Luhan a pat on the back, trying to help him swallow.

Once Luhan stopped chocking, he looked at Baekhyun sheepishly.

"W-what ab-about Sehun?"

"Do you like him?"

"Whaaaa.. Pfftt! Of c-course not..Why would I like him..?", asked Luhan, his face becoming as red as a tomato.

"You don't like him being in our group?", asked Baekhyun, looking curiously.

"Ohhhh! You meant like him b-being in our group!! Oh yeah..sure I like him..", said Luhan, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"What else would I be talking about?", asked Baekhyun suspiciously.

"Nothing! Anyways, what do you have in mind for the project?", said Luhan, changing the subject completely.

"Well..how about you and Sehun work on the lyrics and me and Chanyeol can compose it?", said Baekhyun, going back to writing in his journal.

"You and Chanyeol? Baek..We've talked about this.. Are you sure? Look..I don't want to see history repeat itself..", said Luhan, sadness evident in his tone.

"History repeating itself? What do you mean?", asked Baekhyun, once again looking up from the journal on his lap.

"All I can say is...you can end up getting hurt Baek. I don't want to see that".

"Luhan it's fine! I won't get hurt. Besides, it's a project and he's in our group so let's make it work, okay?", said Baekhyun reassuringly.

Luhan hesitated before nodding and went back to drinking his bubble tea.

Baekhyun gave a small smile and went back to his work. 

........

After dance practice Kai dropped Lay off at home and then drove himself to a coffee shop near his house. 

He loved going there after practice since a frozen coffee is always the best to cool him off.

He parked his car around the corner and got out, making his way towards the coffee shop; he replayed the dance steps in his mind, thinking of ways to make them better. 

He approached the coffee shop and when he opened the door, he heard the little bell above it jingle. 

The shop, for some reason, was empty. Kai made a confused face but nonetheless went in.

"Sorry! We're closing early today", yelled a petite boy from behind the counter; his back was facing the counter. 

When the employee turned around, his eyes grew wide; wider than usual.

"Oh I didn't know it was closing early. May I ask why? It's always open at this time", said Kai as he looked around. 

"Th-the owner h-had a family e-emergency..", said the employee, his face becoming a soft pink.

"Oh I see.. Do you think I could still order something? I'll pay double the amount it is", said Kai, this time looking at the employee.

He had never seen him here before.

Is he new?

"Y-yeah it's fine.. It's j-just me here.. W-what would you like?", asked the employee shyly.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you before",asked Kai, ignoring the other's question.

"N-no. I've been w-working here for a year. I j-just bake though. I-I'm always in the k-kitchen", said the employee, looking down at his dirty hands (they were covered in flour, just like his work apron).

"Oh! You bake the cakes don't you?!? I love your cakes. They're so gooood!", said Kai with a huge smile.

"T-thank you..", replied the employee, his face now a tomato.

"No problem. Anyways, you said I could order right? Can I get a frozen coffe?"

The employee looked up and nodded before making his way to the kitchen, leaving Kai to stand alone for a few minutes.

When he returned, he saw Kai sitting at one of the tables on his phone, probably playing a game. 

He approached him slowly and when reaching his table, he placed his drink in front of him.

"Thank you! How much do I owe you?", asked Kai, setting his phone to the side.

"D-don't worry a-about it. I-it's on the house.."

"Are you sure? I told you I would pay double. I don't want to be seen as a liar", said Kai as he took a sip of his drink.

"It's fine", said the employee, offering a small smile, his cheeks turning to pink.

"If you say so.. Anyways, what's your name?", asked Kai, looking up at the employee.

"K-"

"Kyungieeee!!! What's taking you so- Oh! I thought it was closed! I was wondering why you were taking so long to come out", said Tao sheepishly.

Kai looked back at who had just walked in and he recogized him from school; he gave a small smile which was returned.

"Oh hey Tao baby! I'm sorry. There was an unexpected customer and I ran out of time", said Kyungsoo while looking at his friend with a smile.

Tao baby? Kyungie? Are they dating?

"It's okay.. But hurry up! The movie will start in an hour and you have to go home and change", said Tao matter of factly.

"Okay okay. Give me a second", said Kyungsoo as he made his way to the back room. 

And now it was just Tao and Kai alone.

"Soooo.. I'll leave..", said Kai awkwardly as he stood up to leave.

"Sorry. I thought Kyungie was alone", said Tao with a small smile.

"It's fine. I'll just leave. I got what I came for anyways", said Kai with a smile as he now stood in front of Tao.

"Tao are you ready?!?", yelled Kyungsoo as he came back from the back room.

"Yeah let's go", said Tao looking back at his friend.

Kyungsoo smiled at his friend before looking at Kai, his face turning pink once again.

"Oh I'll just leave", said Kai with a smile.

The three of them exited the shop and Kyungsoo locked the door behind him.

"Do you wanna take your car or my bike?", asked Tao as he started walking away with Kyungsoo.

"What kind of question is that? Obviously my car. I don't trust you driving a bike. You almost killed me last time".

"Hyyyyuuunnngg~ You know it wasn't intentional and besides, it's not my fault a cat came out of nowhere", said Tao as he pouted.

Kai watched them walk away and chuckled at their bickering.

They're so cute.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

A/N:

So I know it's super short but at least Kaisoo is sailing right? And I gave a sneak peak of Sulay. Expect cute moments from them! I also gave hints of why Luhan doesn't like Chanyeol. Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments! Oh and by the way I'm so thankful for the comments I've gotten so far. I appreciate it. Have a nice day! 

Take care and eat well <3

~exoxooverdose