chapter outlines

Everlasting Dreaming

For those interested, below I have included the outline I had for the rest of the story. Chapters one through six were just part one of this huge story. Sorry if some of it doesn't make sense. Because this was my outline, I wrote it in a way that made sense for me but might not make sense for everyone else. Do leave comments if you want some clarification. 

PART TWO

  1. mark spends more time with nct u

  2. donghyuck gets used to spending time with the other rookies (jaemin, jeno, kun, etc)

    1. realizes that he has isolated himself by spending so much time with mark

  3. winwin becomes his friend

  4. “i miss hanging out with you” mark > donghyuck

  5. apologizes for being weird to donghyuck

  6. “next week we’ll be free let's celebrate your birthday” mark > donghyuck

  7. mark forgets his birthday

    1. the dorm is calm, but he can’t seem to sleep.

      mark had promised donghyuck that he would come straight home after practice, but that was hours ago. mark wouldn’t pick up his phone, and donghyuck was anxious.

      throwing him sympathetic looks, the other trainees had told him to go to sleep. they also tell him that mark was with the other members of nct u, so he had nothing to worry about. he told them that he would go to sleep eventually. one by one they headed to their rooms leaving donghyuck by himself to sit on the couch waiting.

      at one, he returned to his room and had attempted to sleep but failed. he finds that he would close his eyes for a few minutes only for him to be jolted awake and look over to mark’s bed. mark’s bed, however, each time would be empty.

      at three, donghyuck kicks off his blanket and gets out of his bed. he walks over to mark’s side of their room and sits on the edge of mark's bed.

      donghyuk arm reaches over to mark's bedside table. on the table, a picture frame sits. donghyuck smiles at the picture, which is of mark and donghyuck.

      with his finger, he traces over the picture and follows the outlines of their faces. he lets out a deep sigh and puts the picture back. donghyuck stretches out his arms and yawns. he falls onto to the bed and lies on the bed.

      donghyuck walks out into the hall and in comes all the members of nct u. they all sport happy faces as they take off their shoes and jackets. donghyuck stares at mark’s tuft of bright yellow hair. the other is bent over to take off his shoes and is mid joke.

      donghyuck’s heart starts to race.

      doyoung notices donghyuck and calls out to him. mark immediately lifts his head to look at donghyuck. waiting for an answer, the other members also look to donghyuck.

      he tells them that he needed a glass of water. the other members bid him good night as he walks back to his room.

      soon after, with a smile on his face, mark enters the room.

      “hey bro sorry i didn’t pick up your call earlier. we went for some food and i left my phone at the company,” mark says as he grabs a pair of clothes to change into.

      “it’s fine. i totally forgot about it anyway,” donghyuck lies.

      “by the way, the other guys told me today was something important and kept bugging me about it,”

      oh

      “the other guys are just messing with you,” donghyuck says while pulling his blanket over his head.

      “that’s what i thought. i mean i dont forget stuff easily.”

      “hyung, go to sleep. it’s late, and i think you have another scheduled tomorrow,” donghyuck says out into his blanket. mark hears his muffled voice and shuts off the light.

      “good night donghyuck,” mark says into the darkness. he’s met with silence

PART THREE

  1. “you always want to know where i am and cling to my side” mark > donghyuck

  2. “stops being so obsessed with me” mark > donghyuck

  3. donghyuck starts to ignore mark

    1. donghyuck wakes up at six. he looks over to mark’s bed. he can hear mark’s soft breathing, and for a split second, donghyuck wants to close his eyes and go back to sleep. however, his mouth feels dry, and his stomach starts to feel uneasy.  after looking at mark’s sleepin figure some more, donghyuck gets up and walks to the bathroom.

      inside the bathroom, donghyuck locks the door, and grabs the rim of the sink. he looks up, and stares at himself. his cheeks are red and so are his eyes.

PART FOUR

  1. everyone starts to worry because donghyuck is so out of character

  2. starts practicing harder and eats less and sleeps a lot

  3. fatigue = fever

PART FIVE

  1. donghyuck is sick

  2. jaemin takes care of donghyuck

  3. nct 127 evaluation

  4. voice cracks

  5. runs away

    1. the light shining through his window is uncomfortable on his eyes, and it forces him to open his eyes. mark looks at his bedside clock and reads 10:00 am. other days he would be alarmed how late he has waken up, but today nct u had no schedules to attend to, so he relaxes back into his bed. he rolls on his side to look at donghyuk bed, but he isn’t there. mark sits up and gets closer to examine the bed. the bed is neatly put together and there are no signs of donghyuck.

      mark shrugs and walks to the kitchen. in the living room, all the members are gather in a semi circle talking with one another. even the younger members are present. the only people missing are he and donghyuck.  

      he walks up to all the members and greets them. before he can ask about donghyuck, yuta walks up to him and pulls on his collar.

      “where’s donghyuck,” yuta demands. with no answer, mark looks at his feet

      the other members all stand up ready to stop any further confrontation. impatient, yuta shakes mark and asks him once again.

      “are stupid? i asked you where’s donghyuck?” yuta screams at him.

      “i don't know,” mark stutters out. doyoung runs up to yuta and pulls him away from mark. yuta pushes doyoung’s arms off and runs to the door. he stops and turns around to look at mark.

      “if anything happens to donghyuck, you better watch yourself,” yuta warns mark before running out of the dorm. doyoung motions for jaehyun to chase after yuta. jaehyun nods his head and follows after yuta.

PART SIX

  1. donghyuck gets into nct 127

  2. separated from mark

  3. shares room with taeyong

PART SEVEN

  1. sees jaemin and donghyuck together

    1. to say mark was shocked when he walked into donghyuck and jaemin’s shared room only to find them cuddled together in jaemin’s bed is an understatement.

      no, he wasn’t upset, but he knew he didn’t like the way donghyuck’s head tucked into the nook of jaemin’s shoulder. it also bothered him the way it seemed like donghyuck’s body fit together with jaemin so well that it was just right for him to be there, and as if jaemin could read mark’s mind, jaemin wraps his arms around donghyuck’s waist tighter.  

      he doesn’t say anything as goes closer to the bed although it feels like he wants to.  

  2. mark actually has feelings for donghyuck

  3. he hides his feelings 

PART EIGHT

  1. donghyuck starts to have feelings for jaemin

  2. mark is jealous

  3. mark tries to apologize

  4. “you have no right to take away from my happiness” donghyuck > mark