V

Spirited Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! I cleaned up a bit of the other chapters. Not much change, but yeah …needed to be done. I don’t know when I will be able to update because I have a crazy work and school schedule to keep up with, but I hope I will have a bit more time later. Thanks for your interest in the story.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The four creatures were a bit more on edge because of their new friend. They knew that there would be trouble if they let their guards down. They continued with their meals trying to make Seungri at ease with small talk.

“So how old are you?” TOP asked Seungri just to try and learn more about the boy.

Seungri finished chewing his food and took a sip of his coke before answering. “I’m 22.” Seungri was thinking how he had just had the pleasure of turning 22 before the semester ended. He was supposed to graduate soon.

Jiyong could sense something was wrong so he began to tell the others some of what he already knew about Seungri.

“Seungri studies us creatures. He is a scholar.”

The others seemed interested in this fact.

“So that’s how you managed to know how to trick TOP.” Daesung brought his hand to his chin as if thinking deeply while TOP just puffed his cheeks and refrained from making a scene in the dining area. He knew Jiyong would not be kind if there was unwanted attention now that Seungri was with them.

Seungri was amused with this scene and let out a small chuckle.

“So why did you choose to study us? I mean, most humans have forgotten about us. That’s why most of us just stay in the spirit world.” Taeyang was curious because he had to leave the human world because of a lack of spiritual ties when humans interest in the spirit world lessened.

“I don’t know. I have always been interested in myths and legends, but well, I guess they may not be myths at all now that I have actually met the creatures I have studied.” Seungri smiled at the others and let out a breathy chuckle.

“What is your favorite story you have heard about us?” TOP asked hoping he would get to hear some great story about an ogre just like him.

“Hm… Well,” Seungri looked to the side as he was thinking, “I guess my favorite would be a story about a shaman who befriended a door deity and they went around saving people and even tried to save a Joseon prince from a cursed fate.”

The others seemed intrigued by what Seungri had said. All, but Jiyong wanted to hear more. For some reason Jiyong felt strange after hearing this. It felt so familiar.

“Ooooooh, sounds interesting! Tell us more about this cursed prince.” Daesung dealt directly with the safety of the main family when he was in the human world, but was always interested in stories of other royalty.

“Well the story goes that this prince was not the heir to the throne. He was the 5th son of the king. He was intelligent, handsome, and kind. Everyone admired and loved him. He was so loved by all the people, that the crown prince felt threatened by his younger brother. The crown prince sought out a shaman to put a curse on the prince. He looked to the strongest shaman family, the Lee family of shaman in the south.”

Jiyong began to feel hot. He felt as if his breath was constricting. “What is wrong with me?” Jiyong could barely concentrate on the story.

Seungri was the only one to notice that Jiyong seemed uncomfortable, but decided to continue. “The crown prince met with the family of shaman. He was introduced to two young women, the most powerful shaman in the family. One was referred to as Ri. The other was called Na. He asked them to put a curse on the young prince to make sure that he would never be able to take his crown. He wanted him sent to the spirit world. Ri and the elders all said they would not agree to such dark magic. They sent the crown prince away and asked him not to seek their family out again. While the crown prince was on his way out, the shaman Na stopped him and made a deal with him. She wanted to be brought to the palace and given the position as the official shaman for the royal family. She would curse the kind prince if the crown prince agreed to this. That night Na left with the crown prince to the palace. Little did they both know that a shaman had heard their conversation. He had heard of the bright qualities of the 5th prince and knew that he needed to be protected. It was his duty to protect the honor of the Lee family. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter