Lights Out

Astro One Shot Collection

001

Nighttime stretched ahead turning the sky into a charcoal hue as Astro prepared to watch the new horror film 'Lights Out' with their close friend, Laura. "When her little brother, Martin, experiences the same events that once tested her sanity, Rebecca works to unlock the truth behind the terror, which brings her face to face with an entity that had an attachment to their mother, Sophie." Eunwoo reads the back of the DVD while the other five were busy getting popcorn and other snacks such as chips and candy ready. Along with that were several cans of cocoa cola that Jinjin managed to pick up. "If you don't like it then you get something else from the fridge."

"We should order some pizza." 

"And have the manager kill us? He already complained when I asked him for Coke."

"He wouldn't know if you don't tell him."

"Yeah right. The make-up artist would find out when your face gets all bloated."

A knock soon comes from the door. 

"Laura's here!" MJ calls out as he came back with her following. She sets her bag down on the counter before making her way to the living room. In front of the way was Sanha with a worried expression. 

"I hope it's not too scary." Sanha bites his lip, looking at the cover image of a broken light switch as the words 'lights out' were handwritten on the wall underneath. 

"Maybe you shouldn't watch it then." Rocky teases. "You are still young after all."

"I'm seventeen!" Sanha whines, "that's not that far from you."

"The director is the same one for The Conjuring." Laura stated, as she sits in between Moonbin and Rocky. Making herself comfortable on the leather couch.

"Is that suppose to make us feel better?"

Laura shakes her head as she takes a handful of m&ms and passes it over to Moonbin, "Do you want some?"

"Aish this girl. You already know I don't like chocolate." 

"I know but it's still funny."

"How is that funny?" He raises a brow at her but before she could answer Jinjin, Eunwoo, and MJ come.

"Turn out the lights, please." 

Jinjin turns off the light switch leaving only the TV illuminating a blueish color on the living room. Everyone becomes silent as the advertisements roll by before the start screen shows up playing short clips from the movie. 

"Press play." 

MJ picks up the remote control and uses the down button to select play. "This better be good."

002

Halfway between the movie Laura let's out a shriek as she sets her head between the crook of Moonbin's neck when the image of a dark shadow of a women appears and flashes making guttural noises before lunging towards the main character. Sanha jumps as he takes the nearby pillow to cover his face. Horrified from what was happening. 

"I seriously don't think I'm going to sleep tonight."

"You're being over dramatic."

"No I'm not."

"If you don't want to continue then you can go to your room." 

"By myself?"

"Aish. You two are being so noisy." MJ complains, trying to turn up the volume. Rocky narrows his eyes and tries his best to ignore Sanha for the rest of the movie.

003

Laura looks around and noticed that both Eunwoo and Sanha were gone. When the movie finally had finished. The credits roll down the screen with the names that participated in helping and creating the movie. "Where did they go?"

"Most likely in their rooms." MJ replies, stretching as he gets up. He checks his phone for the time, "It's 1:34."

"Really?"

"There's no doubt that any of us can sleep. So what do you want to do?" Jinjin asks, as he props himself up. 

"Something fun." 

"Like what?"

"Contacting the dead." Moonbin jokes. Everyone else groans as his suggestion. Laura pushes his arms away as she stood up. Her hair slightly messy from lying down. "We should think of ways so we can sleep."

"So you want to count sheep?"

"That could work."

" You're no fun." 

"Fine let's think of a different way."

"Maybe we should watch old cartoons until we fall asleep." Jinjin suggests as he finishes off his can of cocoa. He coughs as he realizes it was warm.

"How old are you?"

"We should watch Spirited Away or Doraemon."

"Let's take a vote."

"But I want to watch Pokemon."

"Pokemon is not part of the option!"

"Are we just going to fight all night?" Laura crosses her arms as she stares at MJ and Moonbin. Moonbin sighs, "No."

"Okay. Good. Now let's watch Spirited Away first."

 

***

Another request from Taemins_LittleNoona