I'm Fine

Astro One Shot Collection

MJ groans from frustration as he practices the choreography for Astro's anticipated bright and bubbly summer comeback 'Breathless' that was to come in two weeks. He restarted the track once again pushing himself more and more. He has to be perfect. He wanted to get more recognition like Eunwoo and Moonbin. Even with Jinjin being able to be on Show Me the Money 5 he managed to gather more fans. Leaving MJ feeling useless. He wanted to feel special. Soon the five other members arrive getting ready to stretch before the dance instructor comes in half an hour.

"Oh, MJ hyung is early!" Sanha squeaks, as his eyes widened when he sees him from the door. 

"I was wondering where he ran off too." Jinjin says, stretching his arms first. His hair pulled back into a snapback. 

MJ stops to turn off the speaker before joining his friends. "It's not like I have a girlfriend to sneak out with." He teases, giving his signature eye smile. 

***

Just before the chorus began for the second time, MJ felt pain flaring up his ankle as he felt his foot twist unnaturally before hitting the wooden floor. He watches as the other members quickly rush towards him with worried expressions. It felt suffocating.

"Hyung, are you okay?" 

More than anything he wanted to say, "I'm fine." Anything to divert attention away from himself but only manages ragged breathes as pain shoots up his ankle. Why did this happen at such a vital time? Why am I so stupid? 

"Rocky, can you call the hospital?" 

"I'm fine!" MJ finally musters up, not wanting it to make it a bigger issue. Just some ice would be fine. He tries to get up to prove it but yelps at the sharp pain. He was definitely anything but fine.

***

"I'm fine. The specialist said that giving it some rest will do the trick." MJ smiles reassuring, as he notices the others were still up in the living room as he came back to the dorm. MJ limps towards his room, closing the door after himself. He glances down at the skin colored tape covering his left ankle. It blended with his skin almost perfectly that it gave the illusion that he hadn't injured himself in the first place. What hurts more is to see the other members gazing at him, worrying, and afraid of what might happen with the comeback. He didn't want to burden anyone anymore with his mistakes. So he buries the pain deep into his heart and trying desperately to stick to his role. 

***

Requested from AstroMJ!