Chapter 8

❣ Change Of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You blinked in surprise and tried to think of the words he had just told you. Was he being serious right now? Where was this coming from all of a sudden? You thought that everything had been fine between the two of you, but maybe you had been wrong. “Why?” You mumbled and you felt like an idiot for being hurt about his words. What had you expected, that he would stay with you forever? You were his solution, the person he had needed to fix his problems and now that they weren’t there anymore, he could finally get rid of you. You wished it had all stayed that easy, but things had gotten more complicated than that, at least for you. Though he clearly didn’t feel the same way as he shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the locker beside yours. “We both knew it wasn’t going to last forever. We’re both free now.” He said and you realized he had seriously dumped you just now. Your fake relationship was over and he had made it very clear to you. Honestly, you wanted to slap that horrible smile off his face, because he knew that this whole thing had meant more to you than just that. 

 

 

“So this is it?” You asked as you thought back about the other night, when he had kissed you and had held you so sweetly. Had all of that been fake as well, had all of that been part of the game he had played? Only the thought made you feel sick and you felt as if you had to throw up. You were such an idiot, as if the incident with Lay hadn’t been enough, you had been stupid enough to let Baekhyun fool you as well. Maybe you just weren’t made for loving, all the guys you fell for seemed to turn their backs on you. Baekhyun nodded as an answer on your question and you closed your eyes in the hope you weren’t going to cry. More than feeling angry, hurt and played, you felt so stupid. You felt as if you would never succeed into getting a man and you were sure that's was all your own fault. When you closed your eyes again there was a look inside of his eyes you couldn’t describe but before you could figure out what it was he had covered it up again with a smile. 

 

 

“My parents believe it and they think I’ve come to the ‘other side’ again. Now I can stop pretending and I can just find a new boyfriend again.” He said as if he had already figured everything out. There was one word that seemed to hit you like a slap in the face, he had been pretending this entire time. None of it had been real and you had been stupid enough to think it was. How pathetic could you be to believe that a gay guy would ever change his feelings and would ever fall for you, just because you had fallen for him? You cleared your throat and tried to seem as if you though the was right and nodded at him before loosening your eyes from his and looking down onto your feet. Right now you just couldn’t look him into the eyes, you were afraid that he was going to see how much he had hurt you and you didn’t want him to see your weakness. You saw how his feet shifted, he was feeling uncomfortable, well at least that was something. 

 

 

“Thanks for everything, I’ll see you around.” He said and with those words he walked around you and left you standing there by yourself at your locker. You felt as if someone had just ripped your heart out of your chest and had broken it in two. For the first time in ages you felt tears well up inside of your eyes without all the other symptoms of your usual panic attack. That was because you weren’t having a panic attack right now, you weren’t feeling scared, you were feeling hurt. You let out a shaky breath and you knew that you weren’t able to stay here anymore. Maybe you’d get punished if you would skip a day of school but right now you couldn’t bring yourself to care. If you would run into him another time today then you wouldn’t know what would happen and you weren’t going to embarrass yourself by getting a panic attack at school. So you closed your locker and began to walk towards the exit, begging to get some fresh air. 

 

 

But as soon as you were standing outside you wished you hadn’t come here. You should have known that he had walked into the same direction and that there was a chance that you would run into him here. But you wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter