Chapter 5

❣ Change Of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well at least you let me know on time this time.” You said as you pressed your phone closer to your ear with one hand while you brought your orange juice to your lips with the other. With that you turned around and looked at the clock that was hanging against the wall of the kitchen and saw that it was eleven o’clock. You weren’t even supposed to be awake yet, but for one reason or another you hadn’t been able to sleep this long today. If he would pick you up in two hours than that meant that you still had enough time to get ready and you didn’t have to hurry like you had had to do last time he had invited you over. “Why are we going anyways?” You then asked and you heard Baekhyun sighing on the other side of the phone. By now he knew that you were a very curious person, you needed a reason for everything and you would never just go somewhere with him if he wouldn’t give you a great reason to go. You drank the last bit of your drink and placed your glass in the sink as you waited for his answer. 

 

 

“Because finals are over and we want to celebrate the fact that we can do something different than studying all day. Besides, my friends have been nagging about the fact that they want to meet you for a while now, so.” He said it in a very nonchalant way but it made you frown. By now you had noticed that it were always his friends and his family who wanted to meet you, while your side didn’t really seem to care. Did he expect you to introduce him to your friends as well? Though, he already knew your best friend and you were quite sure he didn’t want to talk to him anymore after he dumped him and your other friend he already knew and you were sure they wouldn't really get along that well.”They just can’t believe you have a girlfriend, they want you to prove it to them first.” You joked and even though he didn’t answer you, you could hear the smile in his voice as he answered you. “Just make sure you’re ready, I’ll pick you up at one.” 

 

 

After that you hung up he phone and sighed as you looked around in the house. Like most of the times you were by yourself, your parents had both left for work early in the morning. These were the moments you liked the most because you didn’t have to force yourself to be the perfect daughter they wanted you to be, which you couldn’t be. That was probably the reason why you always slept this long, so that you could avoid them, so that they would be gone before you would even get out of bed. You sighed before walking out of the kitchen and going towards the bathroom. Even though you still had two hours left to get ready and you sure as hell wouldn’t need that much time, you felt that it was better if you’d just get ready on time. So you quickly hopped into the shower and relaxed your muscles with the hot water before jumping into your clothes. Since it was only a day out with his friends you decided to keep it casual and simple with a top, some jeans and sneakers, something you felt comfortable in. 

 

 

As soon as you had done your make up and you felt as if you were looking good enough to get out of the house and be around his friends you heard the doorbell ring. You frowned and looked at the clock, noticing that you still had forty five minutes left before Baekhyun would arrive and you weren’t expecting anyone else. So you quickly threw another look on the mirror before storming down the stairs and walking towards the front door. Your curiosity got the upper hand as you opened the door to see who it was. But as soon as you saw it was your best friend you froze on your spot. Normally you would be so happy to see him and you would probably jump forward and hug him, but this time you weren’t that sure what you had to do. He hadn’t talked to you for a while and he hadn’t returned any of your calls or texts. You felt a little bit hurt by the fact that he had ignored you like that and this was all loose from the fact that Baekhyun would be here soon and if he would see him here, he wouldn’t be happy and you didn’t want to fight with Baekhyun right now. 

 

 

“Hi…” You muttered a little bit surprised and he shot you a smile, which seemed apologetic, he knew that he had been wrong. “Hey, can I come in?” He asked and you tried to think about that really fast as you looked behind him to see if Baekhyun was already in sight. But since he wasn’t you nodded and stepped aside so he could walk inside. Should you tell him that his ex was coming in half an hour? You watched him as he sat down on the couch and sat down beside him. He usually didn’t come over without texting you and you wondered why he hadn’t let you know that he was coming. You waited patiently until he would say something but during that you kept your eyes on the clock, you didn’t want to loose the time out of sight. “Okay, I know I should have told you I was coming. I actually thought you’d still be asleep though.” He said with a smile and you chuckled while shaking your head, this guy knew you much too well. He then noticed that you were completely dressed and that you were wearing make up so he squeezed his eyes at you with a smile. 

 

 

“Are you going somewhere? Did I come at a bad time?” He asked and you shifted on your seat awkwardly as you thought about how to tell this to him. But your behavior seemed to tell him enough because the look on his face became a little harder when he was able to put the pieces together and figure it out himself. “You’re going out with Baekhyun.” He said and the only thing you could do was nod, there was no reason why you should deny it. He knew what was going on so why would you even try to lie to him? Instead of saying anything he just let out a big sigh and pinched his nose bridge with his fingers, it was clear that this situation was frustrating him. “It doesn’t matter. I came here to tell you I’m sorry for being this absent for the past few days, I just had a lot of things going on.” He explained and you nodded again, being reminded of the fact that he had just broken up with his boyfriend and that he was probably still trying to get over it. It must be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter